Ex-Imps Discussion Thread | Page 340 | Vital Football

Ex-Imps Discussion Thread

Definitely that's what could of happened and if it did fair enough, I have no problem with it apart from the fact they didn't disclose the fee..

My theory is that Posh came in for Grant and Grant wanted to go.

Because we were up the top of League 1 at the time and not wanting to lose such important player we persuaded Grant to sign a new contract on the proviso that if we didn't get promoted he could leave for free if he wanted to.

That way it was win, win for Grant.
If we had gone up he would of had the choice of who was offering him his best option and if we didn't go up he had the Posh and Championship football and a bigger pay day to look forward to anyway.

Could be a load of bull but people are nieve if they believe everything the club feeds them and don't think things like that go on at clubs.

Like I say could be rubbish but why is there a need for ALL our transfers in or out to be undisclosed fees unless there is something in maybe some of the deals they prefer us not to know about.

If it was absolutely nothing we'll probably be able to work it out from the next set of accounts, depending on the structure of the deal. It could have been partly incentives/bonuses over time but there doesn't seem to be a lot of reason for Peterborough to say they'd paid an undisclosed fee and never pay us anything? I think at the time we did wonder if there was something in the deal for them staying in the division which has obviously gone tits up.

I think he signed for Peterborough right at the very end of the last accounting period. Could still be a fee over 2 years or something.

I think there are also a lot of reasons for undisclosed fees that aren't just a conspiracy. One would probably be selling Grant then negotiating a fee for Teddy Bishop if they knew you'd just got X money for the player he was replacing, but could be all sorts!

Definitely that's what could of happened and if it did fair enough, I have no problem with it apart from the fact they didn't disclose the fee..

My theory is that Posh came in for Grant and Grant wanted to go.

Because we were up the top of League 1 at the time and not wanting to lose such important player we persuaded Grant to sign a new contract on the proviso that if we didn't get promoted he could leave for free if he wanted to.

That way it was win, win for Grant.
If we had gone up he would of had the choice of who was offering him his best option and if we didn't go up he had the Posh and Championship football and a bigger pay day to look forward to anyway.

Could be a load of bull but people are nieve if they believe everything the club feeds them and don't think things like that go on at clubs.

Like I say could be rubbish but why is there a need for ALL our transfers in or out to be undisclosed fees unless there is something in maybe some of the deals they prefer us not to know about.
There was no guarantee what League Peterborough would have been playing in.
I prefer the official version iih

The usual 75th minute substitution for BNC but he gave another solid performance in an England shirt in a very comfortable 4 - 0 Victory over Serbia.

Callum Morton signs on a 3 year deal at Fleetwood for an undisclosed fee. It never worked out for him at the Imps, although he was given plenty of opportunity.

Not convinced he will ever make it. 5th loan at this level now and not done much at any of them.

Really confused about John-Jules. Not sure how he got the Blackpool move to the Championship based on him in L1, and he then got a couple of England u21 caps (despite not doing anything for Blackpool) with all the quality we now seem to have in that age group?

There must be something about him or ability shown in his youth career that is convincing so many people to look at him. There was definitely a bit of hype about him when we signed him about how good he might be.

Really confused about John-Jules. Not sure how he got the Blackpool move to the Championship based on him in L1, and he then got a couple of England u21 caps (despite not doing anything for Blackpool) with all the quality we now seem to have in that age group?

There must be something about him or ability shown in his youth career that is convincing so many people to look at him. There was definitely a bit of hype about him when we signed him about how good he might be.
He's had a few injuries which will have set him back.

Ah yeah, forgot the Blackpool loan was in the Championship. Injuries may have played a part, but I'm not sure the potential he seemingly showed at youth level is translating to men's football.

Wonder if we'll get anything by way of sell-on...

Also, surprised he has moved to Scotland as I always thought he was fairly anchored in the East Midlands.