Ex-Imps Discussion Thread | Page 342 | Vital Football

Ex-Imps Discussion Thread

No chance Johnson will leave this season now they are in the Premier League.
He'll have a season with Forest in the top flight, then leave next year when they're relegated. I imagine he will sign a new contract this close season with a relegation clause included.

It will be fascinating to see how Brennan goes this year. He's still quick by anybody's standards but so are a lot of the PL defenders he will be up against. He may have to rely on his technical ability and having a trick up his sleeve against well organised teams, rather than putting the after burners on and exploiting space in behind.

Counter intuitively he may shine against better front foot opponents like Man City and Liverpool who play a high line or push their full backs on relentlessly, more than the 'lesser' teams that sit a lot deeper.

He'll have a season with Forest in the top flight, then leave next year when they're relegated. I imagine he will sign a new contract this close season with a relegation clause included.

Exactly my thoughts, he’ll want this season with Forest in the Prem and then to pastures new in a year.

No chance Johnson will leave this season now they are in the Premier League.
Goal scorers with pace are always in high demand and he will always be a transfer target this season or next, Brentford offered £15 million last season, an increased offer from a 'bigger' Club , more money could be attractive.

I honestly think Brennan will leave Forest before the end of this transfer window. But we will see. Toff definitely deserves a chance in the premier league and I hope you gets it.

Absolutely no chance he does in this window. About to sign a new deal also as being reported today.

Reports today say he's signed a new 4 year contract.
Sounds sensible to me. Why on earth would he want to move at this point in his career other than for the money. He does seem to have his head screwed on and his dad is a guiding force. Very settled at a club that has clearly looked after him well and should have a great first season back in the top flight. He’s got the chance to prove he’s the real deal and where better to do it.

By the sounds of it I got that wrong, so hands up.
Good luck to him whatever happens.
Footballers signing contracts means b all apart from it strengthens the bargaining power of the selling Club and probably will include a financial release clause. Hope Forest survive, think they are much stronger than last Seasons Norwich which wouldn't be difficult.