Ex-Imps Discussion Thread | Page 339 | Vital Football

Ex-Imps Discussion Thread

Kevin Ellison has left Newport. He was discussing a coaching position there but has decided he wants to keep playing. Considering he is 43 now you have to admire his fitness suspect he will end up in non league.

Scott Lindsey - first team coach under Chris Sutton and caretaker once he left - has been appointed Swindon manager, was the assistant manager.

Hearts have agreed a fee for Jorge Grant. Up to him to agree terms now.
(Perhaps I should cross post in rumour thread)

Hearts have agreed a fee for Jorge Grant. Up to him to agree terms now.
(Perhaps I should cross post in rumour thread)

Wonder what the fee is. Posh maybe making a few quid on him despite getting relegated.

Heard we might just be coming into 200k... :lol:

Posh will be making 100% profit on him.
We didn't receive a fee for him did we?

When he signed his new contract that season, it had a release clause fee in if we didn't get promoted which Posh had to pay. It wasn't ginormous but it was a good piece of business to get something for him rather than him being free in the summer.

When he signed his new contract that season, it had a release clause fee in if we didn't get promoted which Posh had to pay. It wasn't ginormous but it was a good piece of business to get something for him rather than him being free in the summer.

I think we may of done a different deal to that but I'm happy to be corrected if someone can show evidence of a fee recieved or where Cricklewoods figure of 250k came from.

It was definitely that type of deal - and undisclosed, but seen varying numbers with 100k at the lower end? 250k maybe the higher end!

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk...ture-of-jorge-grant-from-lincoln-city-3290420

Thing is they can tell the papers anything......doesn't mean its true.

Triggering a release clause not long after he had signed a new contract, why didn't Posh come in for him before Grant signed his new contract?

I've got my own theory on that transfer where I don't think any money was involved but I am more than happy to stand corrected if that's the case.

Thing is they can tell the papers anything......doesn't mean its true.

Triggering a release clause not long after he had signed a new contract, why didn't Posh come in for him before Grant signed his new contract?

I've got my own theory on that transfer where I don't think any money was involved but I am more than happy to stand corrected if that's the case.

The whole reason we got Grant to sign the new deal was the get out in it, else he wouldn't have signed one. I'm not sure he had a release clause in his deal that was about to end.

It made sense for both parties as Grant had a deal until June 2023 if went up, but he also had the option for a Championship move if we didn't get promoted. We also then had him under contract rather than him being able to walk in the summer. We wouldn't have wanted to sell him to Peterborough that January really with the prize on offer?

It was all very specific and confirmed by the club so a bit of an odd conspiracy between us/Posh if we didn't get anything for him.

The whole reason we got Grant to sign the new deal was the get out in it, else he wouldn't have signed one. I'm not sure he had a release clause in his deal that was about to end.

It made sense for both parties as Grant had a deal until June 2023 if went up, but he also had the option for a Championship move if we didn't get promoted. We also then had him under contract.

It was all very specific and confirmed by the club so a bit of an odd conspiracy between us/Posh if we didn't get anything for him.

Definitely that's what could of happened and if it did fair enough, I have no problem with it apart from the fact they didn't disclose the fee..

My theory is that Posh came in for Grant and Grant wanted to go.

Because we were up the top of League 1 at the time and not wanting to lose such important player we persuaded Grant to sign a new contract on the proviso that if we didn't get promoted he could leave for free if he wanted to.

That way it was win, win for Grant.
If we had gone up he would of had the choice of who was offering him his best option and if we didn't go up he had the Posh and Championship football and a bigger pay day to look forward to anyway.

Could be a load of bull but people are nieve if they believe everything the club feeds them and don't think things like that go on at clubs.

Like I say could be rubbish but why is there a need for ALL our transfers in or out to be undisclosed fees unless there is something in maybe some of the deals they prefer us not to know about.