Ex-Imps Discussion Thread | Page 169 | Vital Football

Ex-Imps Discussion Thread

Woodyard a superb signing for Wimbledon.

Can see Payne doing well at Swindon. Needs to or can see him beginning to just keep dropping down the leagues. There is a quality player in there.

Entitled to your opinion, but I think that's a little unfair. He did alright for us. Though clearly not top drawer, we've had a hell of a lot worse than him.

I accept we have had a lot of rubbish but I did not mention Lincoln City. Him being better than a lot of forwards we have signed in the conference is not a measure for Wimbledon signing him as a third tier striker! No co-ordination and his style dictates the football you are going to play. I suppose a long trip to Colchester and Crewe away where we lost and he was awful, has a long term impact on your thinking especially if you live in Glasgow.

Last edited:
Palmer had a shocking league two record before us but has proven to be a decent enough striker at this level with us and definitely Crawley

Will be a risk at league one level but assuming Wimbledon have a small budget, i guess a risk worth taking.

Palmer had a shocking league two record before us but has proven to be a decent enough striker at this level with us and definitely Crawley

Will be a risk at league one level but assuming Wimbledon have a small budget, i guess a risk worth taking.

I thought he got better with game time whilst with us, for me he's a genuine threat who puts himself about well. I'm thinking that next season there will be a lot of players in the wrong division down to financial issues, Ollie will fall into that category.

Billy Knott played for Basildon United (Isthmian League Div 1 North - Step 4) yesterday in a friendly v Bowers & Pitsea.