Euros | Page 95 | Vital Football

Euros

FFS anyone suggesting replacing Southgate is really not trying to use their brain. He’s equalled our best World Cup performance on foreign soil & he’s just achieved our best ever performance in the Euros on the bounce. Who is the genius idea to replace him? No one is going to take it anyway as the press plan for England manager is hound them, get fake sheikhs to meet them or buy them pints of wine. They’re no doubt listening to their voicemails as well.

That’s without the cabinet attacking their players, their fans attacking crying children or each other or the opposition & then tweeting them racist abuse.

Well if Italy did press them back then we didn't control the game. If we weren't controlling the game why didn't Southgate do something to try and change this?
Because we didn't have the players to do it in my opinion. They have three of the best midfielders in the world and although we outclassed them in the first half, they regrouped at half time and pushed us back. Ive been in games where you can outwork a better midfield and dominate for a while, but it gets harder and as the game wears on the more talented, more technical midfield stats to run the game. And you have to sit deeper and deeper to maintain the fortress while they gradually wear you down.
That's what happened for me and I don't think we had a player to throw on who could regain the momentum.
I hate to admit it but they are a better unit than us and they deserved to come back.
Still we were within a gnats testicle of winning it, and I think the choice of players to take the penalties was misconceived, but I think it's a bit unfair to criticise the tactics with the benefit of hindsight.

Because we didn't have the players to do it in my opinion. They have three of the best midfielders in the world and although we outclassed them in the first half, they regrouped at half time and pushed us back. Ive been in games where you can outwork a better midfield and dominate for a while, but it gets harder and as the game wears on the more talented, more technical midfield stats to run the game. And you have to sit deeper and deeper to maintain the fortress while they gradually wear you down.
That's what happened for me and I don't think we had a player to throw on who could regain the momentum.
I hate to admit it but they are a better unit than us and they deserved to come back.
Still we were within a gnats testicle of winning it, and I think the choice of players to take the penalties was misconceived, but I think it's a bit unfair to criticise the tactics with the benefit of hindsight.
Exactly right.
We were underdogs, and with a midfield choice of Philips, Rice and Henderson we were never in a million years going to be able to outplay them for a whole game. We still could not possibly have been closer to winning. Italy never hit the post, they never had a goal ruled out, they scored one goal from a goalmouth scramble and that wasn't exactly the kind of goal where they tore us apart. Although they dominated possession more and more throughout the game, we stood strong and played with heart.

Its just so fucking frustrating that this is still an issue and racism is not clamped down on hard enough

Then you also have the fucking cowards that attacked Orbs mate and him

Why can't people just grow the fuck up

We just had the best tournament that most of us have experienced and the headlines are now all about racism and abuse and England fans going on a rampage

https://www.skysports.com/football/...l-after-racist-abuse-directed-towards-players

Damn straight. Complain about taking the knee to support each other against racist abuse, then in an act of gesture politics, pretend to care when they get racially abused afterwards.
Some politician she is, got made to look like a moron by a footballer with 2 sentences.

Agree. Cant forget the role mings played in our nightmare but did his job in the football and gets a standing ovation from me in calling out shitti.

Exactly right.
We were underdogs, and with a midfield choice of Philips, Rice and Henderson we were never in a million years going to be able to outplay them for a whole game. We still could not possibly have been closer to winning. Italy never hit the post, they never had a goal ruled out, they scored one goal from a goalmouth scramble and that wasn't exactly the kind of goal where they tore us apart. Although they dominated possession more and more throughout the game, we stood strong and played with heart.

We didnt need to outplay them, we just needed to score one more goal than them. I guess the balance is had we used our bench we may have got caught with a sucker punch. Still think that was a better idea than settling for penalties with a keeper better than ours.

Its just so fucking frustrating that this is still an issue and racism is not clamped down on hard enough

We just had the best tournament that most of us have experienced and the headlines are now all about racism and abuse and England fans going on a rampage

The only thing to hope for is that it is obvious these wasters are in a tiny minority and the vast, overwhelming majority of us want them to stop and fook off for ever.

The only thing to hope for is that it is obvious these wasters are in a tiny minority and the vast, overwhelming majority of us want them to stop and fook off for ever.

They have always been a minority but in football more than any other sport it draws more of them

England has been for the majority of the last 30 years been a tolerant accepting country which has benefited from the melting pot we have

However it seems in the last 10 years there has been a steady movement back towards the 70's and what is worrying is that people in positions of power of immigrant families are at the forefront of it

But on the whole the English, i think, find racism disgusting

They have always been a minority but in football more than any other sport it draws more of them

England has been for the majority of the last 30 years been a tolerant accepting country which has benefited from the melting pot we have

However it seems in the last 10 years there has been a steady movement back towards the 70's and what is worrying is that people in positions of power of immigrant families are at the forefront of it

But on the whole the English, i think, find racism disgusting

You’re right that it’s not an overtly racist country. Sadly it’s the social media era, which is why it feels so prominent in the last 10 years.

It’s gone from a place to share a few family pictures to a place to not just share an opinion, but be vile about it. No name or photo required so no consequence.

It shocks me too that in this day and age there are tossers who still do it and I think some know the media headlines the following day and do it for that reason. They need naming and shaming immediately - you’d see a drop then.

I do think perspective is needed as the overwhelming vast majority support the team and condemn the arseholes.

You’re right that it’s not an overtly racist country. Sadly it’s the social media era, which is why it feels so prominent in the last 10 years.

It’s gone from a place to share a few family pictures to a place to not just share an opinion, but be vile about it. No name or photo required so no consequence.

It shocks me too that in this day and age there are tossers who still do it and I think some know the media headlines the following day and do it for that reason. They need naming and shaming immediately - you’d see a drop then.

I do think perspective is needed as the overwhelming vast majority support the team and condemn the arseholes.

100% all of this

Look at Vital as microcosm of England and how many of us are disgusted by what has happened - I think its obvious that even with some of us falling out and really being horrible to each other that when real nasty shit happens we all seem to have the same opinions

We didnt need to outplay them, we just needed to score one more goal than them. I guess the balance is had we used our bench we may have got caught with a sucker punch. Still think that was a better idea than settling for penalties with a keeper better than ours.

Did you just do a Steve Cotterill?

Unforgiveable

Agree and why i dont do social media like that. Do get sick of being tarred with the same brush. They are not fans or supporters they are racist scum with no business in our sport, neither do the yobbos. It wasnt fun in the 1980s and just no room for it in the 21st century.

Hope we take a lead at forest, if you want to racially abuse one of our players then please fuck off!

Although Pickford made the same number of saves as Donnarumma, including saving from Jorginho who has hardly missed a penalty at Chelsea. What you say is right in the sense that anyone ought to try to win ahead of a penalty shootout, but England did OK in extra time, and it is hard to see what could/ should have been done differently at that stage. For what it is worth, I would have left Rice on as he was playing brilliantly.

its either a crime or it isnt... a bit like earing masks at some point huh? If its a crime without enforecment then it isnt really a crime at all is it

Agree and why i dont do social media like that. Do get sick of being tarred with the same brush. They are not fans or supporters they are racist scum with no business in our sport, neither do the yobbos. It wasnt fun in the 1980s and just no room for it in the 21st century.

Hope we take a lead at forest, if you want to racially abuse one of our players then please fuck off!

At the same time, I stopped using social media properly yearrs ago, and hey I did have like 11 thousand followers and no abuse. But we dont need it, it just wastes time and has little point to it. More about ego and wannabees than nice little social platforms and also all based around advertising models anyway.

For me, I just wouldnt be on the social media at all, everyone should grow up and create thier own websites and put some effort in if they want to talk to thier fans. It isnt difficult and about time folk started taking that responsibility on instead of blaming twitter n facebook etc. Quite shortsighted and pathetic really

Although Pickford made the same number of saves as Donnarumma, including saving from Jorginho who has hardly missed a penalty at Chelsea. What you say is right in the sense that anyone ought to try to win ahead of a penalty shootout, but England did OK in extra time, and it is hard to see what could/ should have been done differently at that stage. For what it is worth, I would have left Rice on as he was playing brilliantly.

If he wanted to win the game inside of ET it was clear we needed new legs. Agree that was rice's best game for us.

Should add that pickford saved more than i expected but pound for pound donnarumer is a better keeper imo.

At the same time, I stopped using social media properly yearrs ago, and hey I did have like 11 thousand followers and no abuse. But we dont need it, it just wastes time and has little point to it. More about ego and wannabees than nice little social platforms and also all based around advertising models anyway.

For me, I just wouldnt be on the social media at all, everyone should grow up and create thier own websites and put some effort in if they want to talk to thier fans. It isnt difficult and about time folk started taking that responsibility on instead of blaming twitter n facebook etc. Quite shortsighted and pathetic really

Lol 11000 followers. Love thats more than the clique and woanzy put together.

I dont need a website, happy to do things old school.

Lol 11000 followers. Love thats more than the clique and woanzy put together.

I dont need a website, happy to do things old school.

sure, my point really tho is that celebs can take total control of thier fanbase. marcusrashford.com or whatever and people can join the same way as twitter etc but have to provide i.d. Then they can enforce the rules. Its totally doable, they don't need the big social networks, so they should just look at this basic option ;)