Euros | Page 93 | Vital Football

Euros

Me and my mate walking home from local ex-servicemans club last night and 3 lads in their 20s came alongside us and knocked my mate clean out , i got twatted trying to protect him and ended up in hospital getting 9 stitches above my lip. Totally unprovoked , never see them before (English as i heard them speak) and doubt i'd recognise them again .
I'm 51 next month and my mate is 55 and never had a scrap in his life , absolute fucking cowards .
Somebody told me some West Ham lads were causing problems in town so i'm wondering if it was them.

Wtf is wrong with people.

Me and my mate walking home from local ex-servicemans club last night and 3 lads in their 20s came alongside us and knocked my mate clean out , i got twatted trying to protect him and ended up in hospital getting 9 stitches above my lip. Totally unprovoked , never see them before (English as i heard them speak) and doubt i'd recognise them again .
I'm 51 next month and my mate is 55 and never had a scrap in his life , absolute fucking cowards .
Somebody told me some West Ham lads were causing problems in town so i'm wondering if it was them.
That's an absolute disgrace, and the reason I don't bother venturing far in the evening these days, as I feel nervous walking home. When I was a teenager (long time ago) you could wobble your way home in the middle of the night with no street lights on, and the thought of being assaulted never crossed your mind.

Fucking scumbags

I have never been a Southgate supporter when it comes to team selections and deciding tactics. I think he is an incredible ambassador for our game, and a leader to create an environment and leadership group for the team to flourish.

As soon as I saw the team, I knew this would happen. I was stunned how great we played in the first half, but the lack of no-how came back to hurt us.

We have a bedrock of defence and attack which is better than Italy. We do need a Scoles / Carrick / Gerrard type midfielder to emerge, maybe Bellingham can in the future.
We have to build a team around the likes of Foden and Grealish. They are tailor-made for international, tournament football.

Mount cannot be in the front 3, and needs to be part of the midfield 3 and learn to develop a different role for England. Same with Saka. He is so versatile he can cover the left of a midfield 3, or left wing back.

Not wanting to sub Sterling was a blind spot too. Ultimately he's not a good manager at all. We have the team to win the final, and he blew it. Foden being injured was a big blow. Playing Mount constantly is unbelievable. We have 4/5 players better than him, in his position in the squad.

I take full responsibility for our defeat due to eating garlic bread yesterday.

I'll have to find Saka and Southgate on social media and explain to them.

Southgate’s conservatism reaped what it had sown a little at the end. There was a lot of faith shown in the group of players that excelled in Russia, while a lot of young, dynamic players were found to be lacking miles in their legs when we could have done with them being introduced to provide impetus.

It was bizarre that a manager praised for his man management threw Sancho, a player who he had shown so little faith in up to that point, into the fray so late, where he basically went from a cold start to taking a penalty in the biggest game of his career so far. It was very different to Rashford because Sancho isn’t exactly somebody who takes a lot of penalties - Reus or Haaland are more likely penalty takers at Dortmund.

Given that we were allowed such a big squad, we didn’t make enough use of the players at our disposal. Bellingham could have brought more energy to the centre of the park where we needed it after an hour or so. Calvert-Lewin might have given the Italian defenders a different kind of player to deal with, and he has a decent penalty record.

But we spent the tournament relying on more or less the same small group of players. We made our subs late and utilised them poorly. We drained a bench that was brimming with talent and form of its confidence, and soon found their form was lacking. Meanwhile, Italy broke us down minute-by-minute as we slipped ever deeper into a Lamouchi style block, and I think by the end this group of players was mentally drained and only ever headed for defeat, in the same way as more or less the same team was eventually finished off by Croatia three years ago.

We had a good tournament and we come away with positives, but we’ve evolved very little from the team that clawed it’s way to respectability in Russia. We’re still defensive minded to a fault, our attacking players become isolated and drop deep, and we struggle to incorporate new and emerging talent into the side. We followed the same pattern last night as in the World Cup semi final, playing well for 30 minutes then barely affecting the game thereafter. That’s probably not surprising given that most of the starting lineup was the same.

We need to find a way of going toe to toe with tough opposition for more than a quarter of the match, and that will seemingly require an evolution in personnel. There’s a big disconnect between our defence and attack that I think is deeper than just who we pick up top. You won’t find many international sides with more depth than Sterling, Grealish, Sancho, Rashford and Saka. We’ve also got Hudson Odoi just outside the team, and Madueke as someone who might come through.

Last edited:
Southgate’s conservatism reaped what it had sown a little at the end. There was a lot of faith shown in the group of players that excelled in Russia, while a lot of young, dynamic players were found to be lacking miles in their legs when we could have done with them being introduced to provide impetus.

It was bizarre that a manager praised for his man management threw Sancho, a player who he had shown so little faith in up to that point, into the fray so late, where he basically went from a cold start to taking a penalty in the biggest game of his career so far. It was very different to Rashford because Sancho isn’t exactly somebody who takes a lot of penalties - Reus or Haaland are more likely penalty takers at Dortmund.

Given that we were allowed such a big squad, we didn’t make enough use of the players at our disposal. Bellingham could have brought more energy to the centre of the park where we needed it after an hour or so. Calvert-Lewin might have given the Italian defenders a different kind of player to deal with, and he has a decent penalty record.

But we spent the tournament relying on more or less the same small group of players. We made our subs late and utilised them poorly. We drained a bench that was brimming with talent and form of its confidence, and soon found their form was lacking. Meanwhile, Italy broke us down minute-by-minute as we slipped ever deeper into a Lamouchi style block, and I think by the end this group of players was mentally drained and only ever headed for defeat, in the same way as more or less the same team was eventually finished off by Croatia three years ago.

We had a good tournament and we come away with positives, but we’ve evolved very little from the team that clawed it’s way to respectability in Russia. We’re still defensive minded to a fault, our attacking players become isolated and drop deep, and we struggle to incorporate new and emerging talent into the side. We followed the same pattern last night as in the World Cup semi final, playing well for 30 minutes then barely affecting the game thereafter. That’s probably not surprising given that most of the starting lineup was the same.

We need to find a way of going toe to toe with tough opposition for more than a quarter of the match, and that will seemingly require an evolution in personnel. There’s a big disconnect between our defence and attack that I think is deeper than just who we pick up top. You won’t find many international sides with more depth than Sterling, Grealish, Sancho, Rashford and Saka. We’ve also got Hudson Odoi just outside the team, and Madueke as someone who might come through.
We start by building our team around Foden and Grealish and creating a system to allow them to thrive. Keep an eye on Bellingham and a plan to see if this guy as a box to box central midfielder can develop alongside ONE of Phillips, Hendo or Rice.
Your last paragraph sums up exactly what I have said since the tournament began. I don't buy into the theory that if we played to our attacking strengths that we may not have reached the final. I believe we would have won games more convincingly and would have played better in the final.

We do lack in midfield, so that's the area to see if we can ask someone like Mount, Saka to develop another side of their game to play in a Midfield 3. They should not be occupying a place at the front of our team. Foden can also adapt into the 3, as he does this for City

That's an absolute disgrace, and the reason I don't bother venturing far in the evening these days, as I feel nervous walking home. When I was a teenager (long time ago) you could wobble your way home in the middle of the night with no street lights on, and the thought of being assaulted never crossed your mind.

Ironically I left uk cos of these people, not cos of fear but literally the realisation that Id end up wounded or in jail, cos Im right there confronting them in thier face. I cant help it, my blood boils and im attracted to taking them head on. Sorry to hear that happened

C-unts

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

You can only hope Southgate learns from the world Cup semi and this final, both games had a similar pattern but this time we had the squad to try and alter the game. He waited to long after Mancini made his move and we were getting far too deep, subs were not well thought out and he didn't want to take kane or sterling off who had become invisible after the first half. He has to have another tournament as he's improved from the semi final to a final, but we have a genuine quality squad and it has to deliver a trophy in the next 2 tournaments or its a waste. Maybe he needs a no2 who is more tactically savy, he's got the rest man management and good with the press he's just not a brilliant manager.

We start by building our team around Foden and Grealish and creating a system to allow them to thrive. Keep an eye on Bellingham and a plan to see if this guy as a box to box central midfielder can develop alongside ONE of Phillips, Hendo or Rice.
Your last paragraph sums up exactly what I have said since the tournament began. I don't buy into the theory that if we played to our attacking strengths that we may not have reached the final. I believe we would have won games more convincingly and would have played better in the final.

We do lack in midfield, so that's the area to see if we can ask someone like Mount, Saka to develop another side of their game to play in a Midfield 3. They should not be occupying a place at the front of our team. Foden can also adapt into the 3, as he does this for City

We did ok, they did thier best as players.

Indeed we all knew we looked short in midfield before the tourney started so it wasnt a suprise and we really could use some good talent appearing on the scene, a bryan robson roy keane type. Rice played ok but he and philips arent in thier league and having played practically every game they looked knackered too.
Mount n Kane dissapointed for the whole tourny I think, my estimation of Kane has dropped a lot, so bloody slow.

Yesterday it was like we literally did run out of petrol or we tried to play so calm rather than get carried away with things after a great start that we actually ended up switching off alltogther.

You can only hope Southgate learns from the world Cup semi and this final, both games had a similar pattern but this time we had the squad to try and alter the game. He waited to long after Mancini made his move and we were getting far too deep, subs were not well thought out and he didn't want to take kane or sterling off who had become invisible after the first half. He has to have another tournament as he's improved from the semi final to a final, but we have a genuine quality squad and it has to deliver a trophy in the next 2 tournaments or its a waste. Maybe he needs a no2 who is more tactically savy, he's got the rest man management and good with the press he's just not a brilliant manager.

but if the special team had actually scored thier pens wed possibly be saying the opposite.. What suprises me is that they apprantly got the penalty role cos of how they were taking them in training, sorry, but in training I wanna see a guy twat it in like like Shearer not this dancey prancey garbage so in reality he got that wrong