Euros | Page 96 | Vital Football

Euros

🥰

Mason Mount

Last night’s defeat was a tough one to take, and it’s taken me a while to process how gutted we all are to not lift that trophy and to think of the right words. It was an honour, as always, to represent England, and to lose in a final is heartbreaking. But when you look back at how far we’ve come as a team, I’m so proud of what we have achieved.

Our team goes so much further than the one you see on the pitch and they all deserve a thank you for the part they had to play in getting us this far. My teammates, the England staff, our families and friends and of course, the fans.

We hear your support from the stands and we see you watching at home or in the pub with friends and family. That’s not lost on any of us, we’re all so grateful to have been able to bring people back together after so much time apart.

It’s devastating though to see some of the racist abuse that’s been directed at my teammates who were brave enough to step up when it mattered the most. They deserve nothing but praise and admiration, and we all stand together against the awful abuse that they have received.

But to the true fans who show us all support, this is just the beginning. We will come back stronger.
🦁🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

It'll be interesting how robust the FA are when it comes down to it.

In Qatar, Homosexuality is punishable by death, I for one would endorse a boycott of the next World Cup.
Consistency will be huge for the FA; that's if any message they have going forward, is to be taken seriously. Otherwise, it will appear that any moral compass can be calibrated with money.

In Qatar, Homosexuality is punishable by death, I for one would endorse a boycott of the next World Cup.
Consistency will be huge for the FA; that's if any message they have going forward, is to be taken seriously. Otherwise, it will appear that any moral compass can be calibrated with money.
Honestly they should boycott it just because of the lives that have been lost to make it happen.
Its a bloodstained World Cup.
I think some separation between a government's rights policies and their ability to play/host sporting competition is good, but when simply hosting the competition kills scores of people maybe its not such a good idea.

🥰

Mason Mount

Last night’s defeat was a tough one to take, and it’s taken me a while to process how gutted we all are to not lift that trophy and to think of the right words. It was an honour, as always, to represent England, and to lose in a final is heartbreaking. But when you look back at how far we’ve come as a team, I’m so proud of what we have achieved.

Our team goes so much further than the one you see on the pitch and they all deserve a thank you for the part they had to play in getting us this far. My teammates, the England staff, our families and friends and of course, the fans.

We hear your support from the stands and we see you watching at home or in the pub with friends and family. That’s not lost on any of us, we’re all so grateful to have been able to bring people back together after so much time apart.

It’s devastating though to see some of the racist abuse that’s been directed at my teammates who were brave enough to step up when it mattered the most. They deserve nothing but praise and admiration, and we all stand together against the awful abuse that they have received.

But to the true fans who show us all support, this is just the beginning. We will come back stronger.
🦁🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Don't get the hype with this guy. Decent player, but is never a starter for England with the talent we have, unless he can develop his role to fit more as a box to box in the midfield.
Should never be considered as part of the front 3 ahead of Grealish, Foden, Sancho and soon to come Greenwood

Honestly they should boycott it just because of the lives that have been lost to make it happen.
Its a bloodstained World Cup.
I think some separation between a government's rights policies and their ability to play/host sporting competition is good, but when simply hosting the competition kills scores of people maybe its not such a good idea.

Yes, the slavery and racism is beyond the pale there.

Should never have been awarded to them in the first place, for several reasons.

I'm always in two minds about sporting boycotts because it punishes the athletes, who only get a few chances to compete, through no fault of their own.

It'll be shit anyway. World cup final a week before fucking Christmas?!?!?!?!

Naaaa it will be fucking great

Just like the games over the Christmas period

Also most of the world don't celebrate Christmas although seeing as Jesus was from near those parts of the world its probably more appropriate

Naaaa it will be fucking great

Just like the games over the Christmas period

Also most of the world don't celebrate Christmas although seeing as Jesus was from near those parts of the world its probably more appropriate

To me, the World Cup is a summer tournament and Christmas is Christmas, I don't give a fuck who celebrates it.

What do we flog to Qatar?

Should never have been awarded to them in the first place, for several reasons.

I'm always in two minds about sporting boycotts because it punishes the athletes, who only get a few chances to compete, through no fault of their own.

How the fuck are the top brass in FIFA supposed to personally enrich themselves, apart from all the other ways they personally enrich themselves if they don't allow despotic regimes like Qatar the opportunity to use sport to whitewash their human rights records?

To me, the World Cup is a summer tournament and Christmas is Christmas, I don't give a fuck who celebrates it.

Yeah well there will probably be about 3 billion people watching it that will not give a fuck about it being on in December 🤣🤣🤣

Yeah well there will probably be about 3 billion people watching it that will not give a fuck about it being on in December 🤣🤣🤣

So what? I'm not speaking for them, I'm speaking for me. I'm speaking about how I feel about it.

So what? I'm not speaking for them, I'm speaking for me. I'm speaking about how I feel about it.

Cheer up ya mardy arse its just a week before and its only football and its only happening once

Don't be so dramatic

If its going to affect you that much don't watch

Its not a puzzle or Krypton Factor

Cheer up ya mardy arse its just a week before and its only football and its only happening once

Don't be so dramatic

If its going to affect you that much don't watch

Its not a puzzle or Krypton Factor
He's not being dramatic. He's expressing a preference. I agree with it.

I like football tournaments in the summer when I have no football to watch. Not at Christmas, interfering with the abundant football I would normally get to see live.

It's a personal preference. Nothing dramatic about it. I don't get why you needed multiple posts on it. He's not even said he won't watch it