Euros | Page 82 | Vital Football

Euros

I do hope that the England fans don't boo the fantastic Italian National Anthem.
The booing of other countries anthems make me ashamed to be British.
What ever happened to our supposed British fair play?
Yeah it's a bit embarrassing, no need apart from against
Scotland who also booed ours. Also they have been charged for that tit pointing the laser at schmeical for the penalty, some real planks going to these games.

Feels odd we are in the final, as a Forest and England fan a final is a very rare thing not sure how to deal with it.

Italy have not looked the confident swashbuckling unit we saw in the group stages, I genuinely believe Denmark will have been the harder of the 2 to play if we can get the wide players running behind and find them they will be undone. Chiesa is the only attacking player I'm concerned about and he came off rubbing his hamstring so could be out or at least not fully fit. It may well be coming home.

Immobile has been shit, wouldnt bet against him having one great game, of course against us.

I do hope that the England fans don't boo the fantastic Italian National Anthem.
The booing of other countries anthems make me ashamed to be British.
What ever happened to our supposed British fair play?

British sense of fair play?

We are arguably the most corrupt country in the developed world.

In a sporting sense, can you think of three players better than Kane, Grealish and Sterling at cheating that play for the same country?

Last edited:
I agree with Will NFFC team. The 11 which started last night, is not the 11 for us to win the game. It may be the 11 to keep us in the game for an hour, but I do believe one of Phillips or Rice has to sit for Hendo.

Foden and Grealish for Mount and Saka.

Italy's full backs can be exposed. The CB's need to be worked, as they are awesome, but both 36 years old! Italy's midfield 3 worry me if we are putting Phillips and Rice against Veratti, Jorginho and Barella. Hence we need to change that.

Not overly concerned with Insigne or Immobile, but Chiesa is a big threat. Time to win this game, not to try and not lose it

I agree with Will NFFC team. The 11 which started last night, is not the 11 for us to win the game. It may be the 11 to keep us in the game for an hour, but I do believe one of Phillips or Rice has to sit for Hendo.

Foden and Grealish for Mount and Saka.

Italy's full backs can be exposed. The CB's need to be worked, as they are awesome, but both 36 years old! Italy's midfield 3 worry me if we are putting Phillips and Rice against Veratti, Jorginho and Barella. Hence we need to change that.

Not overly concerned with Insigne or Immobile, but Chiesa is a big threat. Time to win this game, not to try and not lose it

Have we gone into a game yet this tournament where we have prioritised not losing over winning?

And what happens if Southgate puts an attacking team out, Italy tear through our midfield and comfortably beat us - are you content to have lost the final just because we set up to attack, or in hindsight would you wish we had been more conservative?

The calls from some to almost abandon the approach which has got us to this stage while only conceding 1 goal is baffling. Thankfully we have a manager who doesn't pander to fan noise.

Have we gone into a game yet this tournament where we have prioritised not losing over winning?

And what happens if Southgate puts an attacking team out, Italy tear through our midfield and comfortably beat us - are you content to have lost the final just because we set up to attack, or in hindsight would you wish we had been more conservative?

The calls from some to almost abandon the approach which has got us to this stage while only conceding 1 goal is baffling. Thankfully we have a manager who doesn't pander to fan noise.
I think we have set up in every game not to lose but with an edge of forward thinking. The fact is though that it has worked pretty much flawlessly so I would probably be setting up with the same starting 11 as for last night and take it from there.

Because we can be even better than we are currently. And yes, we have set up to not lose, rather than take the game to the opponent.
The final is an entirely different mindset to a semi final. It's almost a free hit now. If we allow that Italian midfield to dominate we are in trouble. They have weaknesses at FB, and 2 of the 3 forward players should not overly scare us. We need to nullify their 3 in the middle, and as effective as Rice and Phillips have been, Hendo is a better player than both of them, and has proven that over many years. I would retain one of them, plus Hendo.

Although I agree with Cornflakes, do feel Italy’s strength is also their weakness. The Italian back four. They are not the most mobile nor the quickest. Sterling and whoever gets right wing birth has to take on and beatLorenzo and Emerson. Crucial to this is Shaw getting past Sterling and to allow this, the double pivot is crucial, at least for the first 80 mins. Increasingly knockout tournament football is a 130 minute game and we have to pull their CB’s all over the park. Can the Italian team last 130 mins of high tempo football?

Has Jack Grealish been saved for a mission?

Because we can be even better than we are currently. And yes, we have set up to not lose, rather than take the game to the opponent.
The final is an entirely different mindset to a semi final. It's almost a free hit now. If we allow that Italian midfield to dominate we are in trouble. They have weaknesses at FB, and 2 of the 3 forward players should not overly scare us. We need to nullify their 3 in the middle, and as effective as Rice and Phillips have been, Hendo is a better player than both of them, and has proven that over many years. I would retain one of them, plus Hendo.

We haven't won 5 of our 6 games so far - and scored 8 in our last 3 - by setting up not to lose. That is utter nonsense.

I also couldn't disagree more on the point about the final being a "free hit". Working hard and sticking to a particular game plan to successfully get to the final, only to then abandon that in the hope that something new will work and you will 'win better', makes absolutely no sense.

This is the final and the chance of a lifetime for these players and manager to win a tournament - why would they even consider changing things?

Southgate knows what he's doing and, whatever the result on Sunday, we will play the team and system which he thinks will give us the best chance of winning.

I think you play like the Germany game with 7 defenders and a keeper and then go more attacking as Italy start to tire.

The Italian midfield three is class.

Veratti in particular is a mini-Rolls Royce of a player.

Haha. That's just made me think of these:

1625748518450.png

We haven't won 5 of our 6 games so far - and scored 8 in our last 3 - by setting up not to lose. That is utter nonsense.

I also couldn't disagree more on the point about the final being a "free hit". Working hard and sticking to a particular game plan to successfully get to the final, only to then abandon that in the hope that something new will work and you will 'win better', makes absolutely no sense.

This is the final and the chance of a lifetime for these players and manager to win a tournament - why would they even consider changing things?

Southgate knows what he's doing and, whatever the result on Sunday, we will play the team and system which he thinks will give us the best chance of winning.
It's good debate cornflakes. I don't really enjoy watching the style of play, but will take these results for the rest of my life :-). Wish Forest could learn a thing a 2 from this.
I am hearing a 3-4-3 in the media?

You’d hate to be Scottish. They must have supported about 5 different teams in the tournament and still haven’t seen a win!
Probably been big sales in Germany, Ukraine and Denmark shirts so far. Charity shops will be full of international shirts for some time.

And who said Kane would never win anything if he stayed at Spurs...................