Euros | Page 80 | Vital Football

Euros

The team for me has got to be;

Pickford

Walker Maguire Stones Shaw

Phillips Henderson

Sterling Foden Grealish

Kane

Henderson just infinitely better than Rice and those 3 behind Kane will utterly terrorize Italy. Please Gareth, pick that team and I even I’ll believe it could be coming home!

The team for me has got to be;

Pickford

Walker Maguire Stones Shaw

Phillips Henderson

Sterling Foden Grealish

Kane

Henderson just infinitely better than Rice and those 3 behind Kane will utterly terrorize Italy. Please Gareth, pick that team and I even I’ll believe it could be coming home!

People think the Italians are slow.
It does not matter they know how to manage games and they know how to be defensively sound they know where to be at the right time speed is not always the defining factor

Mancini is a serial winner where ever he has been and they have been my faves to win the tournament before its started as I've said before

We stand a really good chance as we have been the 2nd best team in the tournament but Italy is going to be one step too far IMHO

Obviously I want to be wrong

If this happens and England wins, perhaps these multimillionaire superstars can end capitalism forever.

Karl Marx must have been looking down tonight with a twinkle in his eye.

I love that people go on about Marxism and then you ask them to explain it to you and all you see is gammon brexit tumbleweeds in their eyes

A good, well deserved win. Denmark are a quality side and we dominated throughout.

I also think we are a better side than Italy and we are going to win it.

Loads of Italians live around here and I would love it if we beat them on Sunday.

Some great remarks by GS and the players. G nev is right, we actually have some leaders on the pitch. After they win this and then the world cup, can we fire the govt and put this lot in charge please.

People think the Italians are slow.
It does not matter they know how to manage games and they know how to be defensively sound they know where to be at the right time speed is not always the defining factor

Mancini is a serial winner where ever he has been and they have been my faves to win the tournament before its started as I've said before

We stand a really good chance as we have been the 2nd best team in the tournament but Italy is going to be one step too far IMHO

Obviously I want to be wrong

It will be if we go 5 at the back. Tonight was nice, entertaining, attacking - don’t cower to Italy by being negative. Let’s be honest, we were lucky to end up scoring against Germany playing that way and it was awful to watch. Just be positive England because I’m certain that 11 could overcome the Italians.

Great win against a really good team. Southgate has been tremendous. I can’t remember an England manager so well suited to the role. It doesn’t matter that he doesn’t have a huge track record as a club manager. He’s doing things that predecessors with much more polished CVs have failed to do. He puts the system first, before the individuals. He’s embedded two different ways of playing, so they can switch system depending on the opponent. He doesn’t cave to the usual populist clamour for this player or that player. In general, he seems to know how to handle the media and himself (no overcelebrating of victories, always respectful of opponents). He clearly understands and has the respect of the squad.

It’s amazing to think that if it wasn’t for a pint of wine, Big Sam could still be in charge.

The downside tonight was the ITV commentary. Sam Matterface was trying desperately hard to capture national euphoria with his unfortunate “do what you want tonight, phone the boss in the morning …” spiel, but it was absolute gibberish. It sounded like he was concussed. He didn’t even report that Denmark were down to 10 men in the second period of extra time. I’ll steer well clear of ITV for the final so I don’t have to hear his attempt at a ‘they think it’s all over…’ moment.

Last edited:
Emotional roller-coaster, soft pen but we had a couple of other decent shouts kane lucky to get the rebound Schmeical should have caught it.

I think we can do Italy, be positive and get the runners behind them and we should put a couple away. Their offence is severely weakend with Spinazzola out, if Chiesa is carrying a dodgy hamstring they lack pace.

We made a final, still can't belive we didn't screw it up in a semi final.