Europe In Out Shake it all about | Page 271 | Vital Football

Europe In Out Shake it all about

I am not mate thats why I said a Cornishman.
I am a proud Brummie.
Say what you like to me I dont care, but its a very emotive subject down here and feelings run high.

Cornish folk seem to want it all ways, they want the subsidies but not from the EU.

If it’s down to me, they are back to square 1 and Westminster shouldn’t support them any more than any other rural area. I guess as it’s a popular holiday spot with lots of south east connections, they’ll figure it out though, unfortunately.

Cornish folk seem to want it all ways, they want the subsidies but not from the EU.

If it’s down to me, they are back to square 1 and Westminster shouldn’t support them any more than any other rural area. I guess as it’s a popular holiday spot with lots of south east connections, they’ll figure it out though, unfortunately.
Its a complex area. Go down to Cambourne and Redruth and there is genuine poverty by UK standards, in and around the old mining areas, but because it has wonderful beaches and moors not far away it doesnt appear rundown.
Go a few miles away and get into the moorland villages of Bodmin Moor and there are stunning properties, many of which you dont see because they are tucked away but it is a county, or country as the Cornish would have you believe of great contrast.

Its a complex area. Go down to Cambourne and Redruth and there is genuine poverty by UK standards, in and around the old mining areas, but because it has wonderful beaches and moors not far away it doesnt appear rundown.
Go a few miles away and get into the moorland villages of Bodmin Moor and there are stunning properties, many of which you dont see because they are tucked away but it is a county, or country as the Cornish would have you believe of great contrast.

Indeed, a lot of hidden poverty in rural areas. I haven’t been to mid wales for a long time, in places it’s like stepping back into the 1970’s of which subsidies have played a huge part in attracting companies.

Indeed, a lot of hidden poverty in rural areas. I haven’t been to mid wales for a long time, in places it’s like stepping back into the 1970’s of which subsidies have played a huge part in attracting companies.
Yes when I first went to the Rhonda I couldnt believe what I was seeing, in parts, it looked like something from a history book

This could easily be reversed to say, "no wonder the UK voted to leave"..

It's crazy that 9/10 of the poorest areas within the EU are all in UK. Many people in such areas could certainly wonder how the EU has benefited them.

If they had bothered to look into it they would have found out how much the EU for for them. They are and will be worse off when Brexit fully happens in January. They in the certain areas just fell for the lies peddled by Johnson and his ilk.

The U.K did not vote to leave. One third of the country voted for it. It wasn't even a legally binding vote. We also need to look at those living abroad who didn't get their voting cards on time and weren't allowed to vote.

That's the very reason why Cameron should never had called this referendum in the first place, not that we can change it now. I have found out far more about the workings of the E.U in the last 4 years I didn't want to. Had to in the battle for remain.

Johnson and co have screwed this country for their ego's, pockets and also in Johnson case his career.

He never was a leaver. He went vote leave for career maneuvering. He didn't think they would win. Yes there is plenty of evidence that he was always a remainer.

If you want to know all my reasoning on why brexit has screwed this country start at page 1. I am not going over it all in one post or again.

Suffice this country is screwed thanks to Bullingdon boys who have never worked a day in their lives.

Last edited:
If they had bothered to look into it they would have found out how much the EU for for them. They are and will be worse off when Brexit fully happens in January.

The U.K did not vote to leave. One third of the country voted for it. It wasn't even a legally binding vote. We also need to look at those living abroad who didn't get their voting cards on time and weren't allowed to vote.

That's the very reason why Cameron should never had called this referendum in the first place, not that we can change it now. I have found out far more about the workings of the E.U in the last 4 years I didn't want to. Had to in the battle for remain.

Johnson and co have screwed this country for their ego's and Johnson case his career.

He never was a leaver. He went vote leave for career maneuvering. He didn't think they would win. Yes there is plenty of evidence that he was always a remainer.

If you want to know all my reasoning on why brexit has screwed this country start at page 1. I am not going over it all in one post or again.

Suffice this country is screwed thanks to Bullingdon boys who have never worked a day in their lives.
Doesnt matter if it was a third, all the electorate had a vote and if they couldnt be bothered to register it thats their own fault.

nah it's the children (and other ineligible types)

wibble

There was 3 million people who did not get their vote card through or weren't allowed to vote because they lived in the E.U. Then there were the E U nationals here with settled status not allowed to vote

There was 3 million people who did not get their vote card through or weren't allowed to vote because they lived in the E.U. Then there were the E U nationals here with settled status not allowed to vote
The massive majority of those people had either lived in Europe for over fifteen years or EU nationals who arent entitled to vote in General Elections anyway.
Why would someone who left the country fifteen years previously and threw their lot in with another country get a vote.

Thing is, shite idea from start to finish in my opinion, quite ridiculous as big boys to leave the big boy table because of a split (constant and now they are finding other things to split over) in the Tory party and some no-mark pratt like Farage who never should have been given any attention, as he could never get elected because he is just a populist.

Cameron should have set parameters for the referendum like other countries who do them more often, I believe, do...

BUT it was done, there were no parameters and even though it was far too close (either way) for me to feel comfortable, it is done, democracy works that way and so we all reap what they (I think they were liars) have sewn.

Find it a bit 'sad' that we'll never really know the impact, positive or negative, because COVID damage to the economies has dwarfed this farce.

Negativity seems to overshadow the possibilities of a UK outside of a political EU block.

Yes, of course we would like a trade deal. The same as the EU have secured trade deals with other Nations - however, the EU will play hardball and I would be surprised if a deal happens.

One possibility for the future would be a CANZUK deal. Free movement and trade between UK, Australia, Canada and New Zealand.
-------
"In the long term, a free trade, free movement block consisting of Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the UK is an attractive idea in a dangerous world,"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...freedom-movement-part-post-brexit-trade-deal/

Negativity seems to overshadow the possibilities of a UK outside of a political EU block.

For me, that has always been, because of our ruling elite. They show time after time, they couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

And then there was the safety net when the scum voted to drop disability money, only for it to be pointed out it was putting them below the poverty line.

The EU has many problems, but it does stop the likes of Rees-Mog grabbing power. With that said, they are doing ok either way, as it was, as it will always be.

We did a lot better being a balance of power within. Now we're on the outside. We'll see.

No doubt fake news and scaremongering, they really should ask Farage about it :LOL:

The UK is "sleepwalking into a disaster" over its border plans for the end of the Brexit transition period on 31 December, road hauliers have warned.

Groups representing truckers have written to ministers warning of "severe" disruption to supply chains.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54021421

No doubt fake news and scaremongering, they really should ask Farage about it :LOL:

The UK is "sleepwalking into a disaster" over its border plans for the end of the Brexit transition period on 31 December, road hauliers have warned.

Groups representing truckers have written to ministers warning of "severe" disruption to supply chains.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54021421
Yes mate, fake news.

We have "oven-ready" deals all over the place to minimise disruption. Johnson said so, many, many times.

Wait? What? Oh.

Yes, of course we would like a trade deal. The same as the EU have secured trade deals with other Nations - however, the EU will play hardball and I would be surprised if a deal happens.

One possibility for the future would be a CANZUK deal. Free movement and trade between UK, Australia, Canada and New Zealand.
-------
"In the long term, a free trade, free movement block consisting of Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the UK is an attractive idea in a dangerous world,"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...freedom-movement-part-post-brexit-trade-deal/

I think this is really concerning if the average British electorate is happy with this.

We might get some easier access to enter and spend our hard earned on holidays and some cheaper lamb the other way, but these countries are nice places with no real power or scale on the world stage nor are they countries where we can do our best business in selling our financial services, engineering, defence equipment or education system.

It’s all very nice seeing the lovely English speaking countries but they aren’t scalable to any degree.

Our goods imports come from the EU, food and energy could take a big hike in the next couple of months without a deal.

Of course, a good deal with the EU and this on top would be a Brucey bonus.

You said it there dan - "these countries are nice places"

I think it's what people want outside of London - the average Joe doesn't want power.

We lose loads of skilled workers year on year to CANZ(UK). And the quality of living in these countries could well exceed many within what looks like a crumbling EU. The UK has been sinking for decades mate. We certainly need something - and to be in a similar group as Canada, Australia, New Zealand - I would go with that.

That deal could also incorporate free movement within the CANZUK area.

The World is also far easier to navigate now with the communications and technology that we have. There is nothing in the EU that we cannot get from somewhere else - we need to stop putting them on a pedestal.

Yes poiticians, they will say anything to further their ambition.
Whatever happened to conviction polticians.
One that I would have put my shirt on remaining true to his convictions was the detestable Corbyn.
A life long advocate of leaving the EU he finally got his chance to get out, but saw stopping in and bringing down the government as his chance to become PM.
Ironic really that his about face for his own ends cost him his leadership.

I think this is really concerning if the average British electorate is happy with this.

We might get some easier access to enter and spend our hard earned on holidays and some cheaper lamb the other way, but these countries are nice places with no real power or scale on the world stage nor are they countries where we can do our best business in selling our financial services, engineering, defence equipment or education system.

It’s all very nice seeing the lovely English speaking countries but they aren’t scalable to any degree.

Our goods imports come from the EU, food and energy could take a big hike in the next couple of months without a deal.

Of course, a good deal with the EU and this on top would be a Brucey bonus.
The EU is a bit like the transfer window, it does all its business at the last moment.
I cant see any way Germany will allow Barnier to continue in his role as chief negotiator, at least not behind the scenes.
He has a pathalogical hatred of the English, and it is clouding his judgement.
Germany has much to lose if a deal is not done.
The British love German cars and appliances and buy them in great numbers and Germany will not stand by while a Frenchman sells them short in negotiations.