Europe In Out Shake it all about | Page 270 | Vital Football

Europe In Out Shake it all about

It is! The one thing though that Brexit has done haa given the right wing like Le Penn in France a massive anti biotic.

She like the other right wingers in The E.U do not want to leave anymore as she has seen the mess of Brexit here.
Yes you are correct, however she is in active talks with far right, not just right wing goups, but far right groups across Europe in an attempt to change the EU from within.

It will be interesting to see how the EU develops without us. In spite of the belief that our interests were often over ruled I believe we were a balance to the power of Germany and, to a lesser extent, the power and influence of France. Without the influence of Britain I can see those two powers driving the EU in directions that not all member countries may wish to go. The drive towards federalisation looms large, or will again, when Covid is tamed. I just wonder how such a large entity could hang together without a common language and common set of laws. Those laws can be passed but national groups will resist them when they feel that they impinge on their national interests. Historically large, artificial groupings have failed because of local and national interests. Look at entities such as the Austro-Hungarian Empire. The British Empire and lately, Yugoslavia. All broken up because of internal, national divisions along lines of ethnicity and language. We are even seeing the potential Balkanisation of Britain because of national interests in Scotland and possibly even Wales.
Interesting times lie ahead.
I think what will ultimately kill Europe is economics.
The likes of Greece, Italy,Spain and the Eastern European countries can never compete financially without massive support from the wealthier more frugal nations.
Already the northern countries are baulking at paying into the Covid support budget, Germany s largest banks failed the most recent stress tests, are carrying loads of high risk debt, just like the big American banks before they failed.
Eastern Europe, although exporting its citizens to the rest of the EU in massive numbers refuse to partake in any resettlement of asylum seekers or make it easy for non white immigrants to settle.
The far right are alive and well thanks to Merkels open doors immigration policy a few years back. She presented them with an open goal and they have openly come to the fore once again.
Be very interesting if Covid comes back again in a big way to see how it all develops.

Wonderful :slap:

A post-Brexit trade deal between the UK and the EU "seems unlikely" at this stage, the bloc's negotiator has said.

Speaking after the latest round of talks, Michel Barnier said he was "disappointed" and "concerned".

His UK counterpart David Frost spoke of "little progress", amid differences on fisheries policy and state aid rules.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53854730

U.K. Races to Fix ‘Critical Gaps’ in Brexit Border Plan

“There are up to 10 new systems that haulage firms and freight forwarders will have to navigate from Jan. 1, including at least three being designed now,” the memo said. “This is completely unnecessary and unmanageable with duplication and overlap.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...x-critical-gaps-exposed-in-brexit-border-plan

What could possibly go wrong with (at least) three new systems being design? Track and trace technology went well for the government, didn’t it.

The UK hasn’t even got enough pallets for distribution before you even get to IT.

Sssshhhh we're taking back control of our own incompetence mate.

If people thought stock shortages were bad during COVID, Brexit could (stress could) be multiple times worse because this isn’t catching up with sell out, this is bureaucracy.

Let’s hope the retailers stock up on tinned and frozen, because I can see a situation where fresh food is out of stock for weeks and weeks.

These clowns of a government aren’t ready for Brexit, the dimwits that drove the campaign are clueless in making it work from day 1. I’d take short term disruption if long term benefit exist, but they are a fantasy too.

If there are stock shortages, the solution is simple. Only allow half the population the ability to buy the limited stock, that way availability will be maintained.

Anyone know a good way we can split the nation almost 50:50? :grinning:

This could easily be reversed to say, "no wonder the UK voted to leave"..

It's crazy that 9/10 of the poorest areas within the EU are all in UK. Many people in such areas could certainly wonder how the EU has benefited them.

That’s actually the way I read it, ironically the EU has helped them and will probably help them more than Westminster ever will!

Boris spouts about “northern powerhouse” during an election campaign then ventures up north once a year thereafter.

This could easily be reversed to say, "no wonder the UK voted to leave"..

It's crazy that 9/10 of the poorest areas within the EU are all in UK. Many people in such areas could certainly wonder how the EU has benefited them.
Down here in Cornwall we had large subsidies, or got our own money back, depending on how you look at it and we still voted to leave.
Eu not popular in fishing communities.

That’s actually the way I read it, ironically the EU has helped them and will probably help them more than Westminster ever will!

Boris spouts about “northern powerhouse” during an election campaign then ventures up north once a year thereafter.
The EU didnt help us, as net contributors we just got some of our money back.

The EU didnt help us, as net contributors we just got some of our money back.

Diverted to areas and projects in some arse ends of the country. And there are the unquantifiable benefits of being in the market on the total economy, but yes, straight up fact we are a net contributor I can’t argue with that.

Diverted to areas and projects in some arse ends of the country. And there are the unquantifiable benefits of being in the market on the total economy, but yes, straight up fact we are a net contributor I can’t argue with that.
Dare you to come down here and call Cornwall the arse end of the country to a Cornishman.

Dare you to come down here and call Cornwall the arse end of the country to a Cornishman.

I didn’t realise you were Cornish, I assumed you had moved there. I have family who have benefitted from rural subsidies and EU labour who voted out, so it’s all very irrational and emotive :grinning:

I didn’t realise you were Cornish, I assumed you had moved there. I have family who have benefitted from rural subsidies and EU labour who voted out, so it’s all very irrational and emotive :grinning:
I am not mate thats why I said a Cornishman.
I am a proud Brummie.
Say what you like to me I dont care, but its a very emotive subject down here and feelings run high.