Europe In Out Shake it all about | Page 272 | Vital Football

Europe In Out Shake it all about

The EU is a bit like the transfer window, it does all its business at the last moment.
I cant see any way Germany will allow Barnier to continue in his role as chief negotiator, at least not behind the scenes.
He has a pathalogical hatred of the English, and it is clouding his judgement.
Germany has much to lose if a deal is not done.
The British love German cars and appliances and buy them in great numbers and Germany will not stand by while a Frenchman sells them short in negotiations.

Outside of the Chinese market Britain is BMW's second-biggest market or was. VW must account for a third the cars on our roads with all the brands they own. We are are a massive market for Germany. Not so the other way. Hence they need us more than we need them.

I cant see any way Germany will allow Barnier to continue in his role as chief negotiator, at least not behind the scenes.
He has a pathalogical hatred of the English, and it is clouding his judgement.
Germany has much to lose if a deal is not done.
The British love German cars and appliances and buy them in great numbers and Germany will not stand by while a Frenchman sells them short in negotiations.

You could be right mate.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...arnier-sidelined-eu-leaders-bid-break-brexit/

Outside of the Chinese market Britain is BMW's second-biggest market or was. VW must account for a third the cars on our roads with all the brands they own. We are are a massive market for Germany. Not so the other way. Hence they need us more than we need them.
When I come up to Brum for games I am passed (occasionally) by a succession of German cars, especially Mercs, BMWs Audis and Golfs.
A big market to lose.

When I come up to Brum for games I am passed (occasionally) by a succession of German cars, especially Mercs, BMWs Audis and Golfs.
A big market to lose.

That's exactly why they won't lose it, they can play as hardball as they want but the Germans run the EU even if it's supposed to be 26 countries all united.
As we've seen during COVID when the shit hit the fan it was every country for themselves and they all did their own thing.

You said it there dan - "these countries are nice places"

I think it's what people want outside of London - the average Joe doesn't want power.

We lose loads of skilled workers year on year to CANZ(UK). And the quality of living in these countries could well exceed many within what looks like a crumbling EU. The UK has been sinking for decades mate. We certainly need something - and to be in a similar group as Canada, Australia, New Zealand - I would go with that.

That deal could also incorporate free movement within the CANZUK area.

The World is also far easier to navigate now with the communications and technology that we have. There is nothing in the EU that we cannot get from somewhere else - we need to stop putting them on a pedestal.

I think there’s a difference between what Brits think they want and what they actually want.

We want people to come in and clean toilets or factory floors, clean the arses of old people in our care homes and do the jobs we don’t want to do even when we’re unemployed.

A big market to lose.

I agree, this is the biggest leverage we have with the EU. I believe car import tariffs are huge, and that’ll hurt the Germans along with the Italian motorbikes of which I believe the U.K. used to be the biggest export market for Ducati.

I think you made a point about last minute negotiations, of course all good deals are done last minute and curve balls thrown in and dodged. I’m not sure these clowns are good negotiators, ironically we seem to recruit foreigners to work in the division. Negotiation is something very few people are good at, the best are like poker players. People haggle down their car boot with old Karen out the back of her clapped out Peugeot and thing they’ve got some god given skill. I work with a big sales team who earn decent money and very few are good negotiators.

In Boris we trust 😬

That doesn't stop after Brexit though dan.

I think it's a false pretence to think we will not allow overseas workers after Brexit.

It shouldn't matter where we get nurses(or workers) from - if they are fit to do the job. This happens anyway - as we have many great nursing staff already from many parts of the World.

It shouldn't matter where we get nurses(or workers) from - if they are fit to do the job. This happens anyway - as we have many great nursing staff already from many parts of the World.

I agree but there’s a hidden cost involved is my point.

It will matter where they are from for some of the right wingers, especially in the Tory Party and the fringes, the irony that we'll have to go to non Europeans which I am sure they will hate even more, is quite delicious in fact.

According to my sister, who is Clinical Site Manager at our hospital, they are already coming from the Caribbean and Bangladesh, and aren't up to the standards we were getting from Europe.

She is still massively down on numbers for every shift.

suppose we could be a bit radical and train more of our own to make up any perceived shortfall (although if jobs are available then East Euros or whoever will still be able to be used)

given the predicted job losses in other industries it doesn't seem an insurmountable problem tbh

It will matter where they are from for some of the right wingers, especially in the Tory Party and the fringes, the irony that we'll have to go to non Europeans which I am sure they will hate even more, is quite delicious in fact.

I don’t believe brexiteers like Asians any more than they like Europeans to be honest. Although a lot of Asians voted to leave too from my experience.

I agree, this is the biggest leverage we have with the EU. I believe car import tariffs are huge, and that’ll hurt the Germans along with the Italian motorbikes of which I believe the U.K. used to be the biggest export market for Ducati.

I think you made a point about last minute negotiations, of course all good deals are done last minute and curve balls thrown in and dodged. I’m not sure these clowns are good negotiators, ironically we seem to recruit foreigners to work in the division. Negotiation is something very few people are good at, the best are like poker players. People haggle down their car boot with old Karen out the back of her clapped out Peugeot and thing they’ve got some god given skill. I work with a big sales team who earn decent money and very few are good negotiators.

In Boris we trust 😬
Negotaitions are a specalist field, and I am afraid that our politicians and civil servants of all colours come across as devoid of any expertise in any field whatsover.
They are more and more people who have no life skills or work experience and come straight from university or media, impress someone, get made a minister and just learn briefs.
The idea that you can put Barnier in charge because he hates the English and will drive a hard bargain is crazy.
It is in everyones interest to get a good deal going forward, not drive wedges between nations.
It doesnt matter if people wanted us in or out, the decision has been taken and no good will come from protectionism.
Yeh, in Boris we trust. Frightening thought that is.

That doesn't stop after Brexit though dan.

I think it's a false pretence to think we will not allow overseas workers after Brexit.
The genie is out of the bottle re overseas workers, business demands it and generally speaking what business wants business gets.

We’ll simply swap polish and Eastern European workers for Pakistani, Indian and Bangladeshi.

The trained European nurses can slot straight into the NHS because they have the required training.
Not sure we will swap Eastern European workers, they are here in their millions and show no sign of going home.

suppose we could be a bit radical and train more of our own to make up any perceived shortfall (although if jobs are available then East Euros or whoever will still be able to be used)

given the predicted job losses in other industries it doesn't seem an insurmountable problem tbh

But this was said during the debates as well, however, the fact is, they are massively under subscribed and now there is a nursing shortage. As predicted.

A lot of 'our own' don't want to do these jobs anymore, same as cleaners, hospitality etc and with the wages paid, and the jobs they do, who can blame them?

But someone needs to do them!