Europe In Out Shake it all about | Page 220 | Vital Football

Europe In Out Shake it all about

It might have been something on the back burner, businesses will always look to cut costs if they can, but it’s obvious with all the Brexit mess it’s meant these decisions have been brought to the top of the list. I can’t imagine relocating an entire production chain to the other side of Europe is logistically practical or cost-effective in the short term so it’s not like these companies are taking the decision to move just for fun.

As I explained mate JLR pay 35k a year to a bloke on a production line in Solihull Castle Brom or Halewood. in the UK

There are Nurses and Teachers, people with responsible jobs in the UK who don't get that but JLR pays £8 and hour in Slovakia which is good money out there. It's a massive plant capable of, making 300,000 cars a year. So it's the reason all the New defender and the Discovery will be made there. The New Range Rover will stay here because it's going onto a new platform called MLA all the cars build on the current D7u platform will go to Nitra in Slovakia.

It has actually backfired on them a little bit as there are no workers or shall I say not enough workers who stick around out there. apparently, they are a very transient workforce. They actually fly people key people out from Solihull there on a Monday and back on a Friday to show them how to build cars.

It's taken 5 years in the planning of this plant it's feck all to do with Brexit

The Media, however, like to put a Brexit slant on everything and so will Ralph Speth who runs JLR, who just happens to be German and ex BMW. Stand to lose his £4.5m a year job if he can't blame job losses in the UK of something other than profit

So Michael Gove is now blaming The E.U for "No deal Brexit" because they wont budge on the original deal :slap:

There are some that will believe that too! You couldn't make it up.

I was so annoyed about that I sent him a tweet along with 100s of others too

Cant take responsibility for the mess they created

And MP's wonder why the EU is so hated, what, given they use them as a whipping boy for their own failures on legislation application and the like #hashtag just saying.

Even Digby Jones was at it earlier as well toeing the line like a bloody muppet and I thought he was decent.

The ironic thing on the backstop is a no deal basically puts us in the position that the withdrawal agreement avoids on the bloody backstop! So Boris wants to blindly walk into a situation that physically headbutts the very problem he claims he's using the threat of no deal to avoid!

Varadhkar's (sp) logic in his last speech puts them all to bloody shame. Our approach is it's dark, there's no moonlight or street lights, I've chosen to wear all blank and I sprint in front of a car. It's the driver's fault for not having 14 extra headlights to compensate.

They should've known I was a fucking idiot.

Boris' entire strategy is based on something that the Brexit cabinet seem to have decided amongst themselves without looking at the facts.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/brexit/9709116/boris-johnson-eu-cave-in-ireland-no-deal/

I don’t like the Sun, though this bit I think will be a common theme:

“Boris blames Remain MPs’ plots for the delay in any renegotiation of the backstop in Theresa May’s deal with the EU.”

The outcome of Brexit - which will basically be leaving our vote at the table but following all laws and being in the single market - will be one which Boris blames on remainers, the establishment or whoever else he can, whilst calling it a success.

Last edited:
The Farage thing. How on earth does anyone listen to a single word that blow hard says? Truly mystifies me. Vile character.

Like Trump he plays to a certain audience. The difference is while his party may pick up a lot of votes he will never win any seats. Once we leave the EU that should be the end of him but no doubt like a bad smell he will continue to linger.

Like Trump he plays to a certain audience. The difference is while his party may pick up a lot of votes he will never win any seats. Once we leave the EU that should be the end of him but no doubt like a bad smell he will continue to linger.

Leave or not he will find reasons to stay around. If it gets called off we know what the manifesto will be.

If we leave, it will be making sure he stays involved with the political side, as well. so he will turn up on Question Time and the like putting in his unwanted opinion. It's what narcissists do

The leaked Operation Yellowhammer report makes for interesting reading. It really pulls Boris' pants down. He might be better off encouraging one or two of his own party to vote against him in a motion of no confidence.