Europe In Out Shake it all about | Page 221 | Vital Football

Europe In Out Shake it all about

Don't worry folks, Gove said everything would be fine, that was worse case only and it was out of date information.

Everyone breath....

At the BMW garage for a service. Talking to the salesman and he says there has been a massive slow down. Confidence is just low isn't it? Fine. Not all brexit. But it sure as hell doesn't help.

Never fear, Yellowhammer is definitely out of date. The Cabinet only got it three weeks ago and that's a lifetime isn't it lol

Boris lacky on the BBC now.

If we don't get a deal it'll be the EU's fault, or Corbyn's for not voting for it.

200w.webp

Boris lacky on the BBC now.

If we don't get a deal it'll be the EU's fault, or Corbyn's for not voting for it.

200w.webp

Trump tactics: repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth.

It's been policy of successive governments to blame the EU for many of their own failures over the last 50 years. This will be the final and greatest irony.

That said, I would agree that an over reaching EU is at least partly responsible for the leave vote.

Yup, so bleedin obvious but we've already seen people bang on about how May's deal wasn't a great deal - without actually realising that wasn't the full deal, it was just the first part to protect the divorce and NI etc so there was a continuity for everyone's benefit.

Yup, mentioned that before myself about the EU being an easy deflection, yet rarely actually being true given the sovereignty we continued to maintain and failed to appropriately use.

But yes, the caveat is always, the EU is far from perfect but we should be working to change it not shouting obscenities from the sidelines.

I wonder if Boris realises that the backstop is the way to avoid the return of a border. I'm confused.

He seems to be threatening that unless we remove the protection of the backstop no deal can happen, but in the case of no deal, the border would return anyway?

Have I missed something here?

I was catching up on a few of my podcasts earlier while driving around KL. It's interesting that the Etonians have identified Ireland as a weak point in negotiations with the EU. They believe they have so much leverage because they believe that Ireland is a poor, agricultural economy which sends 90% of its exports to the UK.

Of course, that information is about 50 years out of date.

Ireland sends 11% of its exports to the UK. The UK exports twice as much to Ireland as it does to China.

It's shocking to think that these clowns are in charge.

I guess the text books at Eaton haven't been updated since the glory days of the empire.

If I heard him right, he's just publicly promised Merkel that he'll have a solid proposal in 30 days to avoid the backstop. This should be fun.

Clever lady Angela Merkel: Boris sends a letter saying the backstop has to go. If it doesnt and there is a no deal Brexit it would be their fault he says.

Most of us would know it wouldnt be however there would be a core and the likes of who would use that to put it on the E.U.

Merkel played a blinder back I think: in public she has told Boris "O.K the back stop can go Boris if YOU find a solution" The ball is in your court Boris.

Smirking here. Very very clever: the onus has been put back exactly where it should at the feet of those and Boris who caused all this

Checkmate Boris, cos you cant find a solution that can work

I doubt it’s that hard to outwit Boris, he’ll blame everyone from remainers to the establishment to the European leaders when he fudges a Brexit.

The reality is though a lot of ill informed who aren’t intelligent enough to make their own judgement will believe him and blame it on those groups.

As for Ireland, it will undoubtedly be tough for both Northern and Southern in the short term but I really do think Dublin could be a long term winner from this - if the EU let’s Ireland take more than fair share of the financial trade from London.

This to me is the biggest risk to the UK in that we lose our financial services, and it goes to Dublin - an English speaking city. In the wider UK, we do not appreciate how much London subsidises the rest of the country and resent it - hence Brexit.