Europe In Out Shake it all about | Page 109 | Vital Football

Europe In Out Shake it all about

How desperate is May. I said once upon a time I couldn’t make out if May was a negotiating genius or a disasater and it’s confirmed she’s a disaster. She’s a manager not a leader and that’s a huge problem.

We need a charismatic negotiator in charge for the most important political issue of many of our lifetimes.

Fortunately Germany will need some sort of deal, otherwise I would be very, very worried for this little island.

I had (not in that sense Heath) a Maestro, value for money the best car I've ever owned, very practical and as ugly as sin and the heater didn't work, only ever blew cold air, but the main point is that I only paid £300 for it, barely any money on maintenance and drove 10000 miles in it. Bargain!

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 1/2/2018 09:20

My first shag was in a bright orange Allegro. I have a soft spot for them.

:86:

This reminds me of the time I was out walking an Alsatian (called Brenda, as you ask) and saw a couple of people I knew (one mature, one much younger) getting down to business in a parked vehicle.
I wrote a limerick to mark the event.
"There was an old fellow called Mullet
Who asked young Doris to pull it
She gave it a jingle
It started to tingle
And became as hard as a bullet."
To get back on topic, I think they ended up as Brexiteers because they pulled out (of the relationship) shortly thereafter.

Very good BBJ.

We played a game of cricket at Stratford and a young couple were going at it in a car at fine leg , so the fielder down there summoned the rest of us over and we politely gave them a round of applause.

Their faces were a picture.

sirdennis - 1/2/2018 14:44

Very good BBJ.

We played a game of cricket at Stratford and a young couple were going at it in a car at fine leg , so the fielder down there summoned the rest of us over and we politely gave them a round of applause.

Their faces were a picture.

Are you sure they weren't in the gully?

Michael Gove... this gift that keeps on giving.

Apparently, David David and BoJo are the "Ronaldo and Messi of Brexit."

:59: :59: :59:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/michael-gove-davis-boris-brexit_uk_5a8c2a17e4b0a1d0e12d3b3a

:59: :59: :59:

Well I thought Theresa May showed amazing insight yesterday when she said the negotiations are going to have to include a bit of give and take.

Full credit to her for having the intelligence to work that out in just 18 months since the referendum.

Genius.

sirdennis - 3/3/2018 11:27

Well I thought Theresa May showed amazing insight yesterday when she said the negotiations are going to have to include a bit of give and take.

Full credit to her for having the intelligence to work that out in just 18 months since the referendum.

Genius.

This was among my favourite bits: the 5 'tests' for Brexit to be successful...

Implementing the decision of the British people; reaching an enduring solution; protecting our security and prosperity; delivering an outcome that is consistent with the kind of country we want to be; and bringing our country together, strengthening the precious union of all our people.

How's that going Theresa? NI on about a referendum on uniting with Ireland, Scotland wanting to remain in the EU, everyone else at each other's throats over pretty much everything now?

Not to mention:

"I want to be straight with people – because the reality is that we all need to face up to some hard facts. We are leaving the single market. Life is going to be different. In certain ways, our access to each other’s markets will be less than it is now. How could the EU’s structure of rights and obligations be sustained, if the UK – or any country – were allowed to enjoy all the benefits without all of the obligations?"

But they've been telling us for 2 years that the EU needs us more than we need them so we can have our cake and it eat and they will roll over to our demands!

http://bit.ly/2H2dSDX

:19: :19: :19:

Still there is just over a year until we leave the EU , so with the speed of progress in the talks then there is no rush really is there ?

The memorable Denis Healey phrase, "like being savaged by a dead sheep" comes to mind. JRM does use lots of big words but I'm a bit disappointed that he didn't drop in a Latin quote or two.

Jacob Rees-Mogg has accused Ireland and the European Union of risking a "no deal" Brexit with their "absurd" suggestion that Northern Ireland should be in a common regulatory area with Brussels to avoid a hard border on the island.
The leading Tory Brexiteer blamed "irresponsible, vote-chasing immaturity" from Irish premier Leo Varadkar and "clear disregard" for the Good Friday Agreement from EU chief negotiator Michel Barnier for the row over the Irish border.

More at
https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-36665280.html

BBJ - 3/3/2018 21:14

The memorable Denis Healey phrase, "like being savaged by a dead sheep" comes to mind. JRM does use lots of big words but I'm a bit disappointed that he didn't drop in a Latin quote or two.

Jacob Rees-Mogg has accused Ireland and the European Union of risking a "no deal" Brexit with their "absurd" suggestion that Northern Ireland should be in a common regulatory area with Brussels to avoid a hard border on the island.
The leading Tory Brexiteer blamed "irresponsible, vote-chasing immaturity" from Irish premier Leo Varadkar and "clear disregard" for the Good Friday Agreement from EU chief negotiator Michel Barnier for the row over the Irish border.

More at
https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-36665280.html

It's hilarious that the Tories are so reckless with the future of the UK. The EU will be weakened by Brexit but it will survive. Can the UK survive Brexit? I'm not convinced it can.

Northern Ireland's position is untenable and a bad Brexit pushes Scotland towards the exit.

Cartoon in today's IRISH NEWS, a nationalist newspaper published in Belfast.
(Jonathan, if you think there are copyright issues here, feel free to take it down.)

Attachments

• DUP and border.JPG
    DUP and border.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 0