Europe In Out Shake it all about | Page 111 | Vital Football

Europe In Out Shake it all about

Stinky McStinky from Stinky Street Stinky House 1 isn't it.

Balance of probabilities given the leaker is a former boyfriend as stated with potential axe to grind, it comes over as believable mainly because it's something we'd all do to 'aid the cause' and get around restrictions.

Just leaves you shaking your head though doesn't it....democracy my arse!

I just started listening to Guardian's Brexit Means... podcast. Are there any others you all could recommend? I'd like to get a broader perspective than just this one. Thanks!

The trends are a little concerning, consistently now the slowest growing economy in the G7 despite a relativley weak pound. The other worrying point for me is the flat investment by business. To me, anything flat means in real terms you’ve gone backwards.

It sounds like banking jobs won’t be as hard hit as first feared, but the bigger issue for me are all the head offices of European wide firms, particularly in the capital, who employ hundreds of thousands of jobs.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...b0bcd7f42a6758#block-5a8e8e23e4b0bcd7f42a6758

Sorry VB. Can't help. I don't listen to podcasts.

Time will tell Danvilla, I share your worries, I just don't get why those in the City think the big banks won't move if they don't get the terms they need either, London isn't 'all that' and they aren't there for the history, they are there to make money.

Theresa May’s ‘bespoke’ Brexit deal will cost the UK nearly double the infamous £350m a week promised by Boris Johnson for the NHS, a new study has warned.

The analysis by the Global Futures think tank says that the Prime Minister’s own plans will mean taxpayers lose out by a huge £40bn a year in extra borrowing due to higher trade barriers with the EU.

That equates to a net loss of £615m a week, even after taking account of any savings from quitting the European Union, the policy experts claimed.

https://goo.gl/aQHqZT

In a way, that's not really news. Anyone with half a brain knew that leaving the EU was going to put the UK in a worse position financially than staying in.

Anyone who trusted the Tories to put more money into the NHS was kidding themselves.

Totally agree, although the amounts suggested are more eye-watering than many thought possible. Of course, it's all speculation and 'educated' guesswork, but probably not too far from the reality.

In a way, that's not really news. Anyone with half a brain knew that leaving the EU was going to put the UK in a worse position financially than staying in.

Anyone who trusted the Tories to put more money into the NHS was kidding themselves.

Why did so many deny this for so long then? The number of fights I've had with leavers where they think we'll be better off.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/en...b46e4b0e4d0715c96a1?3f&utm_hp_ref=uk-homepage

Theresa May has suffered a major Parliamentary defeat over Brexit after the House of Lords voted to keep open the option of staying in the EU Customs Union.

Peers voted by 348 to 225 for a cross-party amendment to the EU (Withdrawal) Bill to require the Government to say how its negotiations with Brussels will continue the crucial tariff-free trade arrangement with the European Union.

Hi guys, ive just read the 1st page of this thread and u lot made some great predictions!

Villabrownie, for the remain POV remainiacs is my fav brexit podcast.
For the leave POV choppers brexit podcast is the only regular one i found.

I look for balance (hence listening to podcasts from both sides) but it just gets more and more clear to me that brexit is bad and every single one of the leavers arguments crumble into dust when u scratch the surface.

None of these reports seem to change anyones mind. If it doesent back up their side, they ignore it or write it off as unpatriotic

That's the problem, the idea of being patriotic and ruling ourselves has an immense pull.

But the world no longer works that way. Nothing in physical reality will change, we're just paying more for the benefit of so say and the illusion we're in charge.

Ireland is trying to prepare for the worst.

In an event to underline how Ireland has put in place back-up plans to cope with Brexit, Mr Varadkar and other high-profile officials yesterday travelled to Dublin Port to climb aboard the MV Celine for its first official engagement.
Cheekily dubbed the Brexit Buster, the ship — which is the world’s largest roll on-roll off cargo vessel — will allow Irish exporters to send their products to mainland Europe while bypassing Britain, and thereby any potentially stifling Brexit trade tariffs in the process.

More at
https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/taoiseach-eager-to-steer-clear-of-brexit-iceberg-469730.html

Surprised this one wasnt posted:

https://www.joe.ie/news/james-obrien-lbc-irish-people-microchipped-brexit-623241

Finally, O'Brien could take no more.

"The Irish people don't want a referendum on what you described," he said. "The Irish people are perfectly happy where they are. What are you talking about?

"You think that the British government should force the Irish government to have a referendum on something they don't want to have a referendum on, and the alternative is to put microchips in them all because you went there 20 years ago and you've got an insight into their mindset built upon your knowledge of football in Glasgow."

Surprised this one wasnt posted:

https://www.joe.ie/news/james-obrien-lbc-irish-people-microchipped-brexit-623241

Finally, O'Brien could take no more.

"The Irish people don't want a referendum on what you described," he said. "The Irish people are perfectly happy where they are. What are you talking about?

"You think that the British government should force the Irish government to have a referendum on something they don't want to have a referendum on, and the alternative is to put microchips in them all because you went there 20 years ago and you've got an insight into their mindset built upon your knowledge of football in Glasgow."

I think the caller was suggesting a referendum in the whole of Ireland on joining (or rejoining the UK or remaining part of the UK).

Hahahahaha

Unfortunely, James O'Brien is such a snidey goop that he focused on making fun of his muddled caller rather than helping him get to his point.