Europe In Out Shake it all about | Page 108 | Vital Football

Europe In Out Shake it all about

May is the weakest, most fickle, unstable, directionless, sugar-bag of a Prime Minister that I've ever had the misfortune to observe. At least Cameron fulfilled the role, he just doesn't have a clue about Joe Average or pretty much anything in the real world that is outside his social sphere.

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 28/12/2017 16:50

And then, we have the Luxembourg Compromise, which is a gentleman's agreement between members that one country can indefinitely block a majority vote in the Council of Ministers if it believes that its 'very important interests' are threatened.

Can you document this? Besides, a gentleman's agreement is the same as a verbal contract, it might be binding in theory but try enforcing it. And of course, ingnoring the fact that it's not only "very important interests" that may still not be desirable in a given country/society, the phrase, "very important interests" is not actually defined.

danvilla2 - 29/12/2017 18:16

Even before she called the election and put herself on the ropes, she tried to come across as a straight up leader yet lied several times through her back teeth. I personnally hate all this “daughter of a vicar” bull shit spouted as though it’s meant to automatically mean she has some kind of moral or ethical values that do not need to be proven.

I think the vicar's daughter thing appeals to her base but it just reminds me of Victorian workhouses and children cleaning chimneys.

People are forgetting in amongst Gentleman's agreements and the veto we retained the right to implement these 'new rules from Europe' in a manner we agreed with. Which parts to put into statute, which not to, how to interpret their guidelines and so on.

We won't have that choice anymore because we will need to implement them in the way the EU (France/Germany) prefers to dictate for trade and unison.

Davis and Hammond are off to Germany to beg the Germans to let the City stay in the EU while the rest of the UK leaves.

Talk about one rule for the rich..

Nigel Farage on The Wright Stuff this morning:

"Maybe, just maybe, I’m reaching the point of thinking that we should have a second referendum on EU membership."

https://twitter.com/5wrightstuff/status/951394851811221510

LOL JPA I was coming in to post about that. He seriously things another referendum would go in his favour :19:

Please let's a second referendum. Do you think he has realised what he has done and realises he is goubg to lose his pension :19:

Boris opens his mouth once again.

British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson has said the Brexit campaign's highly controversial claim that leaving the European Union would mean Britain gets £350 million extra a week to spend on the NHS was an underestimate.
Mr Johnson told the newspaper: "There was an error on the side of the bus. We grossly underestimated the sum over which we would be able to take back control."

More at -
https://news.url.google.com/url?sa=j&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.rte.ie%2Fnews%2Fbrexit%2F2018%2F0116%2F933607-johnson-money-post-brexit%2F&uct=1500567071&usg=XWL2NLvsevywmBsDPt8ipd53_nc.

LOL A mature debate about Brexit! I dread to think what he means about that.

The majority of brexiteers I have come across can't debate let alone maturely

(NOTE: I said the majority)

You get "live with it! Called names and no debate

I'm still convinced that Boris didn't really want or believe in Brexit, he's a showman and making a career (and money) out of it. He didn't know what to do with all the cameras in his face on the 25th June 2016 after the result.

It's the same with Farage, I despise the bloke but every time his pension needs a top up he opens his mouth and makes it onto the front pages and onto every news TV channel going. I wouldn't be surprised if these people admit their views are to purely to drive their celebrity (if you can call it that) status which ultimately makes them millionaires in some form, he's quite happy to keep his EU pension rolling in despite all of this.

There is a very good probability that Boris is raising the lie again with some motive Dan. Saying to my eldest the other day it is going to be his generation and our Grandsons to take us back in and it shouldn't be happening in the first place.

I'm with Dan.

Brexit was Boris growing his profile over Cameron but it's gone wrong, and underestimating - that figure has been fact proven as wrong and an overestimation not an under.

The bloke is a fuckwit.

And yes very good point with Farage now his US tour's with Trump are over. Cockwit gives alcoholics and smokers and men and humans a bad name.

So the EU has strings attached to the transition now......

They expect us to continue paying into the EU, but have no voting rights, allow EU citizens to settle in the UK and to take orders off the EU....

Well, as far as I'm concerned, they can fuck off!!!!!!!

Pride of Lions - 30/1/2018 03:13

So the EU has strings attached to the transition now......

They expect us to continue paying into the EU, but have no voting rights, allow EU citizens to settle in the UK and to take orders off the EU....

Well, as far as I'm concerned, they can fuck off!!!!!!!

That's hilarious.

Brexit will be bad for the economy however you slice it, with Britain losing out even if it manages to cling on to single-market membership, according to a leaked government analysis.

Over the next 15 years, national income would be 8% lower under a no-deal scenario, around 5% lower with a free-trade agreement with the EU and about 2% lower with a soft Brexit option of staying in the single market, says the briefing paper.

Would this the briefing paper/impact study which, according to David Davis, does not exist?

:26:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jan/30/tuesday-briefing-leaked-paper-reveals-brexit-impact

I think you could say Theresa May has been well and truly rinsed by Angela Merkel.

Angela Merkel reportedly left journalists “laughing uproariously” after mocking Theresa May‘s attempts to negotiate a trading relationship post-Brexit.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/angela-merkel-theresa-may-brexit-demands-press-briefing-davos-eu-talks-a8183436.html

sirdennis - 30/1/2018 09:27

I think you could say Theresa May has been well and truly rinsed by Angela Merkel.

Angela Merkel reportedly left journalists “laughing uproariously” after mocking Theresa May‘s attempts to negotiate a trading relationship post-Brexit.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/angela-merkel-theresa-may-brexit-demands-press-briefing-davos-eu-talks-a8183436.html

Yes saw that SD - hilarious.

What do you want? Make me an offer! No, seriously, what do you want? Make me an offer!

:59:

I know

Well you are the ones that want to leave , what do you want ? Make me an offer !!!

:21:

"The Thick of it" was closer to the truth than we think.