EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’... | Page 626 | Vital Football

EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’...

I think VG is saying that an important export for uk beef is to the massively expanding muslim market in the EU. If the eu is swamped by the said muslims and they may put in sharia to force the eu to eat halal will brexit help us gain from that market lol?

I think VG is saying that an important export for uk beef is to the massively expanding muslim market in the EU. If the eu is swamped by the said muslims and they may put in sharia to force the eu to eat halal will brexit help us gain from that market lol?
Arse

We eat a lot of kosher meat (slit throat) unknowingly because many strict jews will not eat the hind quarters of an animal.

I don't eat meat but that's not the point. Our government has also rolled over on country of origin. You won't know where whatever you are eating came from.
If the UK government has "rolled over" about "country of origin", surely it was to the EU ?
Have you missed the labels "Made in the EU" ?

Opposing un-stunned slaughter is not an anti-Muslim thing.
Every single person I've heard express a view thinks the same about Kosher.
No discrimination.

Have you lost the plot :)
I was joking with VG as he likes to add muslims into any conversation lol.

If the UK government has "rolled over" about "country of origin", surely it was to the EU ?
Have you missed the labels "Made in the EU" ?

Utterly irrelevant to what I said. EU standards on food and agriculture exceed those in US.

Utterly irrelevant to what I said. EU standards on food and agriculture exceed those in US.

Standards, as in quality or what?

I don't remember any big scandal about people getting sick in the US from any particular foodstuff that they eat.

Much of the fruit and veg that is in our supermarkets marked with origin from the EU is largely tasteless and bland, and we have already discussed their questionable practices and lack of ethics.

Standards, as in quality or what?

I don't remember any big scandal about people getting sick in the US from any particular foodstuff that they eat.

Much of the fruit and veg that is in our supermarkets marked with origin from the EU is largely tasteless and bland, and we have already discussed their questionable practices and lack of ethics.

Britain has spent 40 years improving, by contributing to, EU food safety standards. We used to boast about having the highest standards.
Whilst the chlorinated cleansing of chicken seems effective it does allow for a lower standard of welfare conditions for the chickens to be reared in than would be allowed in the UK. The beef from the US also has a much higher hormone and antibiotic level than found in European cattle.
Americas massive dietary problems such as obesity and diabetes and the cost to their health system are well documented. How much of this huge problem is just down to the growth hormones and drugs in the meat they eat is, of course up for debate. But it must contribute.

America also doesn't have minced horse meat that is up to the same standard as we had supplied from Europe.
Nothing wrong with horse meat; the problem was with manufacturers and suppliers of foodstuffs in this country, who put into products without proper labelling - nothing to do with the EU.

Nothing wrong with horse meat; the problem was with manufacturers and suppliers of foodstuffs in this country, who put into products without proper labelling - nothing to do with the EU.

"People have been warned not to eat the products, which were made for Findus by French food supplier Comigel."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21375594

As Jogills said - AFTER we leave the EU you won't know where whatever you are eating came from.

That'll be a change.