EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’... | Page 354 | Vital Football

EU strategy to destroy the Chequers ‘agreement’...

It is to do with Brexit.

For all of the Brexit projects I have worked on for multiple, global clients - there is no conceivable reason why they would have changed their legal structures, IT systems, business processes and organisation structure other than Brexit.

The same is true for lots of other business in the UK - notably car manufacturers.

Skilled jobs are being lost and the main driver Is Brexit.

Yes, this recent spate is because of brexit.
What about the previous 40 years. Over that period I have worked on company and factory closures, mergers and off shoring. Also worked on off shoring thousands of IT jobs.
Nothing to do with the lies about productivity, supply chain realignment/streamlining or cost.
Have I missed something, maybe we have stopped this practice, are we suddenly training people?
Our politicians dont give a shit or they dont understand, even if you send them details on issues such offshoring as mental health service issues they cannot be arsed to answer themselves.

All they had to do was vote for the deal brexiteer MPs have cocked it up, trouble is it will allow the right to rise. Reversing brexit will also have the same impact, they the rats are breeding fast.
Already we have the rhetoric and threats against the workings of the eu, shouts of betrayal and traitors to whip up future hysteria, talk of taking to the streets, etc. Already we have constant threats to MPs, the darkness can descend very quickly in history.
Luckily apathy or football kicks in if the ERG voted for May’s interim deal all would be done and dusted. So, despite what you say it was Brexiteers who have fucked it up.

This Brexit thing has generated some of the most bizarre and illogical interventions from all quarters. Today we have an altogether new category of award: an intervention displaying the best combination of stupidity and lack of self awareness . Don't worry it's not even strictly about the debate, certainly not about being on either side of it. To anyone old enough to remember the skin crawling embarrassment of Ian Duncan Smith's leadership of the tory party, drink this in. To our younger posters Ian Duncan Smith was so inept that not only tories have erased his leadership from memory but the rest of us connived at this great forgetting out of common decency.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/pol...liation-iain-duncan-smith-tells-a4114321.html

It is to do with Brexit.

For all of the Brexit projects I have worked on for multiple, global clients - there is no conceivable reason why they would have changed their legal structures, IT systems, business processes and organisation structure other than Brexit.

The same is true for lots of other business in the UK - notably car manufacturers.

Skilled jobs are being lost and the main driver Is Brexit.
I thought when we joined Europe the UK had a large motor industry, on the verge of leaving we have a few assembly plants. Are we to believe that Ford, Vauxhall, British Leyland, and many more disappeared as a result of brexit.

Luckily apathy or football kicks in if the ERG voted for May’s interim deal all would be done and dusted. So, despite what you say it was Brexiteers who have fucked it up.
Yes, as I posted above it should have read brexiteer MPs f it up not remain MPs lol.

Wont waste my time listening to a blairite anti Corbyn non compromising wastrel :)

Fingers in ears. Ignore any content that might illustrate a point I don’t agree with. Lalalalala.

If you cared to listen for 120 seconds, you’ll see that that ‘blairite anti Corbyn non compromising wastrel’ doesn’t feature in the video.

I thought when we joined Europe the UK had a large motor industry, on the verge of leaving we have a few assembly plants. Are we to believe that Ford, Vauxhall, British Leyland, and many more disappeared as a result of brexit.

I’ve no idea what you are asking or trying to say. Perhaps you could clarify?

What I can say is that the world has changed significantly in the last 50 years. Technology and communications have advanced, supply chains have become global, processes have become Lean, countries (in general) have become less protectionist.

You can not compare the car manufacturing industry of 40years ago with today’s.

Fingers in ears. Ignore any content that might illustrate a point I don’t agree with. Lalalalala.

If you cared to listen for 120 seconds, you’ll see that that ‘blairite anti Corbyn non compromising wastrel’ doesn’t feature in the video.
I

I alread have heard his argument and most other peoples on all brexit subjects over and over and over ffs lol.

We know there was no mandate for no deal but there was for leaving so he is two faced. Also his main policy is simply ‘I dont like corbyn only blair blah blah’, he should have resigned if he does not follow the labour manefesto he stood on.

I’ve no idea what you are asking or trying to say. Perhaps you could clarify?

What I can say is that the world has changed significantly in the last 50 years. Technology and communications have advanced, supply chains have become global, processes have become Lean, countries (in general) have become less protectionist.

You can not compare the car manufacturing industry of 40years ago with today’s.

So in the same timescales why have other countries still got their major companies and industries and we have next to nothing?
Why are we buying usa helicopters and planes instead of making our own (westland anyone?).
Why are we not training adequate nurses, doctors, tradesmen, etc?
Why have we offshored countless thousands of it jobs to india, malaysia, ue countries?

So in the same timescales why have other countries still got their major companies and industries and we have next to nothing?
Why are we buying usa helicopters and planes instead of making our own (westland anyone?).
Why have we offshored countless thousands of it jobs to india, malaysia, ue countries?
Extremely good questions but given that other EU countries have got strong manufacturing bases and we haven’t it’s clearly sod all to do with membership of the EU. The answer lies much closer to home.

Extremely good questions but given that other EU countries have got strong manufacturing bases and we haven’t it’s clearly sod all to do with membership of the EU. The answer lies much closer to home.

That was my whole point, whether in or out of the EU we still have the same problems to solve, they were not created by the eu and brexit is just a diversion. The same people who complain that jobs and companies are moving because of brexit did not bother to speak up over the years when the same thing was happening.

That was my whole point, whether in or out of the EU we still have the same problems to solve, they were not created by the eu and brexit is just a diversion. The same people who complain that jobs and companies are moving because of brexit did not bother to speak up over the years when the same thing was happening.
The problem is that we’re endangering the manufacturing that we’ve managed to hang on to. The other problem that this will bring is the deskilling of the workforce. If we lose high skilled jobs in motor manufacturing those skills will be lost. The UK starts looking like a far less attractive place to invest for foreign investors. It’s a shark infested market place and we shouldn’t be doing anything to harm our competitiveness if we want to maintain our current standard of living.

Thatcher pure and simple apart from British Leyland who made crap cars

The problem is that we’re endangering the manufacturing that we’ve managed to hang on to. The other problem that this will bring is the deskilling of the workforce. If we lose high skilled jobs in motor manufacturing those skills will be lost. The UK starts looking like a far less attractive place to invest for foreign investors. It’s a shark infested market place and we shouldn’t be doing anything to harm our competitiveness if we want to maintain our current standard of living.
That’s why we need to stay in the EU but numbskulls can’t see it.

-

British Leyland had appalling management back in the 70's and was partly put into the public sector in 1975. There was also dreadful industrial relations between unions - a lot due to piecework. Terrible reliability problems, poorly designed cars - Allegro, Marina, Princess anyone. Hopeless cost accountancy - The Mini came out around 1959 - years later it was found that it probably made a loss for many years in spite of being a truly innovative car. From being the largest car maker in Europe in 1960 we'd pissed it away by the seventies.

Jaguar had a great brand name but never really took off until taken over by Tata of India in 2008. Ford owned it at one time but didn't do much with it.

You see, you see. Not only was Dave Davies a great guitarist. He was also right about us holding all the cards if we could only keep our nerve. A Franco-Prussian split is developing. The Germans want to keep it short. Macron is talking tough about the possibility of no extension (he will fold comme une costume pas cher, bien sur), and the rest want to go long. We have them where they want us.

-

British Leyland had appalling management back in the 70's and was partly put into the public sector in 1975. There was also dreadful industrial relations between unions - a lot due to piecework. Terrible reliability problems, poorly designed cars - Allegro, Marina, Princess anyone. Hopeless cost accountancy - The Mini came out around 1959 - years later it was found that it probably made a loss for many years in spite of being a truly innovative car. From being the largest car maker in Europe in 1960 we'd pissed it away by the seventies.

Jaguar had a great brand name but never really took off until taken over by Tata of India in 2008. Ford owned it at one time but didn't do much with it.

All true, but you can't underestimate the role of our willingness to talk ourselves down in much of this. Design and initial engineering was incredibly innovative -in addition to Minis, Minors, 1100's, Dolomites, and, of course, Metros were fine cars by any standard in their time.

I still think anything JLR turn out these days are absolutely marvelous machines taken in their own terms (whatever you think of them in a broader social context).

All true, but you can't underestimate the role of our willingness to talk ourselves down in much of this. Design and initial engineering was incredibly innovative -in addition to Minis, Minors, 1100's, Dolomites, and, of course, Metros were fine cars by any standard in their time.

I still think anything JLR turn out these days are absolutely marvelous machines taken in their own terms (whatever you think of them in a broader social context).

They then had a very successful period with honda but the management and government conspired to sell it off to bmw and we know what happened then.