EU stay or go ? | Page 61 | Vital Football

EU stay or go ?

Nick Real Deal - 9/5/2017 15:30

Macron has made a lot of promises that will cost a lot of money. Do his figures add up ?

Nick. Really? While you may want to hold politicians accountable the general voting populace don't give a naff about the math and the politicians making the promises certainly don't.

After the Labour debacle after Blair and Brown we were plunged into austerity under the Tories. I agree some voters don't care about reality but it's not rocket science. The money has to come from somewhere.

Macron has pledged to cut corporation tax by around 7 %. Increase defence spend to 2 % GDP. Recruit 5000 border officers, 10,000, police officers, keep the pension age at 62, spend on infrastructure and lots of other things.

Politics around the world is changing from the mainstream to other populist parties. Just look at Trump in America (businessman who promised the earth but hasn't a clue) and Macron (banker) in France.

Personally i'm fed up with the same old tripe UK politicians spout out. If there was someone or some other party which I could trust then I might rumble up some enthusiasm. In the meantime I chop and change - simply can't make my mind up.

cant believe Conrad Black is being quoted, he's a twat, a criminal and his views are worthless

Brexit is going to bankrupt the country and all because of a handful of knuckle dragging, neanderthal backbenchers and Cameron's lack of brain. Against the flow I am hopefully setting up theimport of an EU foodstuff - you have no idea the amount of FSA re-writiing alone that will be required. Hopefully I'll have my own trade agreement in place in time

Currently - no tariffs, free trade, y'know, what the Grey Witch is seeking. Tcchh! THis country will be far more oppressive without EU laws to protect people. Its a jump into the void and total madness

Conrad Black is a brilliant writer. He may be a lot of other things as well but there is no doubting his intelligence.

Marquis de Sade was a great writer and Mein Kampff includes the phrase 'strong and stable'

go figure

ST2 - 21/5/2017 21:30

Marquis de Sade was a great writer and Mein Kampff includes the phrase 'strong and stable'

go figure

where you been?

Congrats on ST2 :-)

In your absence 80 tried to claim he called it first :13: :19:

I'm good mate, busy expanding my knowledge and therefore client base. Might drop in a bit more often, unless I can get this new idea off the ground (so I hope you lot are spared my presence!)

Aren't we already bankrupt owing over a trillion quid ? As for protecting our people Im not sure the rest of Europe are doing a great job or will continue to if the EU collapses.

The EU formula isn't working with too many benefactors drawing on the contributors of which we were one of a few.

you make it sound like 'fornication outside of wedlock' for which of course you will burn in hell!

ST2 - 22/5/2017 18:51

you make it sound like 'fornication outside of wedlock' for which of course you will burn in hell!

Well in that case we've having a ménage a trois with the US and Mexico for years.

UK population increased by 536,000 between 2015 and 16. 338,000 from net migration.

A city the size of Bradford to give an idea of scale to house them.

No wonder our schools , hospitals etc can't cope . Then the social housing issue.

2 year extension probably as a minimum. Nothing changes. Still paying in, free movement, EU laws etc. Probably another 2 years after that. 2021 target now but could be longer. No say on EU policy now cos we hit the button. Why set a 2 year target when it's impossible. It's 4 years plus.

Don't the EU rules set the two year deadline? If so then that is clearly a disincentive designed to stop Countries leaving as it isn't realistic to get an agreement in that period that suits anyone other than the EU.

I would feel at awful lot more confident if we had someone more capable and decisive than Mrs May leading the Conservative Party and Government. She didn't impress me as Home Secretary and has thrown things into total chaos with her decision to have a General Election and then put together that car-crash of a campaign.

As someone who voted Brexit, what is worrying right now are the number of rabid Remainers say that once (if) a deal is agreed there should be another national referendum to see if the people accept it, or vote to remain instead. We voted to leave and that is what we must do.

Bald Archie - 22/9/2017 21:41

Don't the EU rules set the two year deadline? If so then that is clearly a disincentive designed to stop Countries leaving as it isn't realistic to get an agreement in that period that suits anyone other than the EU.

I would feel at awful lot more confident if we had someone more capable and decisive than Mrs May leading the Conservative Party and Government. She didn't impress me as Home Secretary and has thrown things into total chaos with her decision to have a General Election and then put together that car-crash of a campaign.

As someone who voted Brexit, what is worrying right now are the number of rabid Remainers say that once (if) a deal is agreed there should be another national referendum to see if the people accept it, or vote to remain instead. We voted to leave and that is what we must do.

1) the UK will indeed leave the EU within 2yrs of Article 50 trigger. 2yrs was never enough, thats why theres probably an option of a transition-period, in order to afford the time for a final deal.

2) anyone of the Brexiteers even capable of leading the party would cause the Tories to rupture, and a new general election would have to be called.
1 that Labour would now probably win: having agreed to upholding the Ref.result and ending free-movement clause.. the Tories can now no longer play the Immigration-card the way they have in the past.

3) its ironic that a Brexiter voting for the right to self-determination is now opposed to a meaningful-vote on whether to stay/leave now that the Masses increasingly have a far greater understanding of the ramifications for Leave, then they ever did before.

Its even more ironic that UK will probably be leaving roughly about the time when I predict there will be an ever-increasing majority to stay in the EU, to the tune of at least 60%.

and I use the word 'probably' - the tide is already starting to turn.