EU stay or go ? | Page 64 | Vital Football

EU stay or go ?

ahx00 - 31/12/2017 11:48

The 'no deal' cut and run. I thought that was fairly obvious, considering the extensive discussion about it.

People are holding up America as a potential new close trading partner. Wonderful, yes, if anyone other than a bully businessman was in charge, who has a proven record of being terrible at it anyway. It's not just the pure trade stuff that bothers me, anyway. If there's 'no deal', everything has to be renegotiated, including all the data export/data protection deals that allow companies to work across multiple countries.

That simply isn't factually true. No deal means reverting to WTO rules, which overall may well make us better off than the 'deal' we sign in the end.

As for the US, forget Trump, except for the fact that their economy is doing rather well under him, as 80 says, he won't be around forever. AS for 'people' holding up anything, the key is that we will be free to deal with whoever, wherever we want - post the vote the economy was supposed to go under - yet we have the highest level of employment ever - the highest level of outside capital being invested ever and our manufacturing exporting sector (small as it is at around 20% of our GDP) expanding at it's fastest rate ever..

Companies that work within the global supply chain will face some rules - WTO rules, which by comparison to the protectionism of the EU is far simpler to deal with.

Free from the EU, we will slowly but surely repair our ability to compete and grow and invest in our economy, our infrastructure with our priorities in ways that we've been frustrated by for the last 25 years because of the EU's rush to become a single state - which is once again now it's one single objective - which belies everything the remainders said before the vote.

This was always my point. Short term there will be problems and financial impact. But voters like me based our decision on history and the future, not the now.

Nick Real Deal - 1/1/2018 19:34

This was always my point. Short term there will be problems and financial impact. But voters like me based our decision on history and the future, not the now.

If on,y that were true of all yes voters. The voters that fell for the populist bull**** are more fickle than football fans.

The only sensible thing he's said in years....

TONY Blair has warned the EU it could collapse if it fails to reform as he claimed populist uprisings like Brexit will spread to other countries.

The former Prime Minister said the “anxieties” which led to Brexit are “not confined to Britain” and urges Brussels to “to deal with those underlying issues”.

CLAIMS by Tony Blair that the Brexit vote has led to “significant staff shortages in the NHS” were exposed as wrong last night.

The ex-PM said EU nurses were leaving.

But official figures show 3,000 more EU nationals work in the NHS in 2017, a 5.4 per cent rise.
Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt said: “Tony Blair’s memory is as selective in office as out of office. Does he not remember his own NHS winter crises?”

Why doesn't blair feck off ...he should be in jail for war crimes, not spouting on and poking his greedy nose into politics...he had his day...I detest him and his greedy wife...awful people. They have large vested interests in europe and back remain because of those interests, not the country.

Why doesn't blair feck off ...he should be in jail for war crimes, not spouting on and poking his greedy nose into politics...he had his day...I detest him and his greedy wife...awful people. They have large vested interests in europe and back remain because of those interests, not the country.

Nick Real Deal - 5/1/2018 19:43

Reform what ?

Just about every immoral policy that they hold dear, starting with the CAP - which was and still is a disgusting set of rules designed to enrich unproductive large landowners - it's caused ecological chaos and the production of cheap meat in horrible conditions for for nigh on 40 years - the french, belgain, italian and spanish 0- and now the Greeks too are absolutely hooked on these subsidies - it account for over 30 % of the EU's budget, Major, Blair, Brown, Cameron all tried to push reforms and to end the vast frauds that have enriched organised crime and led to massive bribes being paid to all and sundry in the EU for it to continue unencumbered - and so, no reform has taken place, the cash settlement year by year has gone up and the environmental damage it has caused is now near irreversible...

They could start with that.

Thankfully, once out we're already planning to change the whole subsidy system for our farmers and it also will be raising the animal welfare bar miles beyond where it is now - not perfect, but it will be a damn great start.

Our hands have been tied for nigh on 40 years - and this, truly and at long last will be the first policy are where we can finally decide and manage our own destiny...

Please, bring it on.

Every immoral policy....exactly. Too many see Brexit as affecting their little financial lot. Those that voted Brexit are therefore stupid and didn't think it through.

We have seen the result of 40 years of gradually losing control and independence. Those that voted to leave dared to challenge blinkered conformity. He who dares....wins.

Nick Real Deal - 7/1/2018 17:28

Every immoral policy....exactly. Too many see Brexit as affecting their little financial lot. Those that voted Brexit are therefore stupid and didn't think it through.

We have seen the result of 40 years of gradually losing control and independence. Those that voted to leave dared to challenge blinkered conformity. He who dares....wins.

EU policies have done untold damage to the sea bed and fishery stocks - it will take decades to try and reverse the damage they've done - let alone the way the huge sea bottom scraping Spanish and German Trawlers have done - nets have changed in recent years, they're has been some bounceback in cod stocks, but in the meantime they've destroyed our coastal fishing industry.

Again, we tried, but essentially for 40 years we were told to piss off and shut up.

Right....that's it. No more Eurovision for me. A biased show won by a monster. We get attacked on stage and then humiliated with pathetic points. I'm glad I voted Brexit. They can all feck off.

Davis and Boris were set up to fail and they knew it. They just took the car and trimmings for a couple 8f years.

She said we'd be going for a Hard Brexit - a complete clean break.

She's set them and us up for an even softer brexit than if she'd openly planned one - we will now get regularly bent over and shafted.