Elbow departs on loan | Page 2 | Vital Football

Elbow departs on loan

I'm hoping Elbow comes back a better player and rips it up next season. We will find out during the Summer transfer phase or the start of next season what the thinking behind or how successful the loan move has been.

Thought he would get used in the second half of the season, even if coming on as a late sub, with his pace.
You have to wonder who's coming in? UTI !

It must be tricky being an Imps player on the fringes. We may or may not step up a level but if we do then a fringe player has a big climb to make to force his way in. Regular first team football is essential to stand any chance I think. It's a really good move for him and hopefully he'll do what most of our loanees are doing and enhance his reputation and career options be that with us or elsewhere (I hope with us).

You do get the impression that Scully is MA's type of player. Very good but also a real grafter. You will see him defending in a controlled manner just as much as he attacks. Zac , with fewer opportunities to show that side of his game , is possibly less suited to that kind of role.

The Irish U21 manager might prefer Zak's style to that of Scully.

Either way good luck to Zak at Bolton.

He has really shone against ...

Shrewsbury Reserves and Accrington Reserves.

He has some real talent.

It's quite conceivable with a starting front three of Hopper, Scully and Johnson we would have Rodgers and Harry Anderson on the bench.

It seems to me entirely sensible to get him tearing up some L2 sides rather than not playing for us. Has real potential and won't develop it, if he ain't playing.

I am convinced he is good enough now for L1 and a little surprised he has not gone on loan to a lower L1 side.

Must be some ins. Clear out wide positions and bring in some players in positions we are shorter... like full back, striker and CM?

Thought zach would be going for papa John's player of the tournament!

You mentioned the 4 players plus Theo plus Jorge and Remy can play wide as well.

Depending on Zach’s contract half a season playing more regularly will hopefully benefit us next season.
Can't believe I forgot Jorge! So yeah, very well stacked in wide areas.

You would hope that there are a couple incoming very quickly. When you consider that we had basically 15 players available last Tuesday, including 3 youth players, and 2 of that 15 have left since, we might be looking a little thin squad wise

(I would hope that the Covid ones would be available again of course but you get my point)
i was thinking the same. rogers comes back into the squad, but johnson limped off after his goal - seemed to have injured his left ankle.
ma said it was likely that anderson would be back, and possibly walsh. but hopper not likely.
no mention of jones or montsma - and if they are ten day isolating due to covid they won't be available for tuesday.

Initial reaction is one of disappointment, I feel Zack had a lot to offer for the remainder of the season.

However, nothing this management team has done has ultimately led to disappointment (Sheehan excepted). As has been pointed out, this and Gotts recall leaves a thin squad, depleted by injury and covid, even thinner. I'm confident MA, JG and the board have well advanced plans to rectify that and some of that summer planning being brought forward to this window will produce results, some hopefully in time for Tuesday.

I hope it's 'one of those' where he has genuinely gone for match experience and comes back a better player for it and we harvest the rewards next year.

As a progressive club there comes a point when you are looking to develop the players that go out on loan rather than it being a pre-cursor for getting them out the door.

I think you have possibly hit the nail on the head. He is not a regular in League games and Imps are covered nicely in his role. So, he goes out on loan and gets some much needed matches under his belt with all the experience that goes with it.

Although of course I don’t know for certain, I don’t think it is a case that MAPP has given him the elbow. I will get my coat.

Bit shocked to see this one. I personally rate Zak. He’s such an exciting player who for me just needed to be given a run to get going. Really hope this is purely to give him those games with next season in mind. Good to luck Zak and hope he tears up League 2

Makes sense will get game time. Ithink when signed he was one forthe future maybe being so high in the table hasbpushed him out to get game time to push his developme njt dmfor next year. Rougham melbourne would probably benefit too. Depending who comes in.zak is iprobably a bit unluky to be fair

Seems like.a good.move to me. He's not getting much game time here so to play regularly surely will so him the world of good.