Elbow departs on loan | Vital Football

Elbow departs on loan

Isn’t there some rule that he can still play for us in the trophy or have I just made that up?

Something is afoot!

With our wide options being Johnson, Rogers, Scully and Anderson, we're pretty well covered there so this kinda makes sense. Perhaps points to going stronger in the Pizza Trophy in the latter rounds?

I'm still expecting Theo to depart on loan as well, maybe even Melbourne.

I hope it's 'one of those' where he has genuinely gone for match experience and comes back a better player for it and we harvest the rewards next year.

As a progressive club there comes a point when you are looking to develop the players that go out on loan rather than it being a pre-cursor for getting them out the door.

I don't understand that one. Elbouzedi has been on fire in his last two games.

Put it this way - if we were signing him on loan, would you be pleased?
two performances against understrength teams, in the efl trophy.
imo he has been a victim of the unexpectedly rapid progress we have made in the first half of the season. would have played more if we were bobbing around in mid-table, but the recruitment level has now gone up a gear.

i would wait to see who comes in before judging whether he is going to be missed

Last edited:
What a confusing Imps career he has had! Signed, hyped up, not played, given a shot in cup games which he did well in, goes out on loan!

I don't understand that one. Elbouzedi has been on fire in his last two games.

Put it this way - if we were signing him on loan, would you be pleased?

Not particularly, trust Appleton on this one. His talent is unquestionable but needs 3 easy chances per goal.
Hopefully with games on loan, he’ll sharpen up.

Assume he is out of contract at the end of the season.

Something is afoot!

With our wide options being Johnson, Rogers, Scully and Anderson, we're pretty well covered there so this kinda makes sense. Perhaps points to going stronger in the Pizza Trophy in the latter rounds?

I'm still expecting Theo to depart on loan as well, maybe even Melbourne.

You mentioned the 4 players plus Theo plus Jorge and Remy can play wide as well.

Depending on Zach’s contract half a season playing more regularly will hopefully benefit us next season.

You would hope that there are a couple incoming very quickly. When you consider that we had basically 15 players available last Tuesday, including 3 youth players, and 2 of that 15 have left since, we might be looking a little thin squad wise

(I would hope that the Covid ones would be available again of course but you get my point)

Maybe in an ideal world we wouldn’t have loaned him out it feels like we’re making some movements to make room in the squad / financial balancing

The strange thing is that Elbouzedi was a fixture in the Ireland U21 team but Scully rarely played.

Scully is excellent and will hopefully have his contract extended. I'm really surprised Elbouzedi hasn't featured more as he looks like he would be dynamite later on in games if we're leading and counter-attacking, but there must be a reason for it.