Elbow departs on loan | Page 3 | Vital Football

Elbow departs on loan

I am surprised by this and then conversely not. MA seems to not want to give elbow a decent run in the league. Dont think Zack could do much more, him not playing regularly and then having a huge impact in the pizza cup games regardless of the strength of the opposition. I really thought he would be a great player to bring on when opposition defences are tiring.

Whether it’s the right decision or not MA does deserve his way of thinking and has hardly got anything wrong this season. I am sad to see Zack leave but you would think MApp has players lined up to come in.

Hes a good player, think it shows the strength we have in the winger position to be comfortable sending him on loan. I think hes a hell of a player but there must be something lacking from his game currently for Appleton to not feel comfortable bringing him on even for 10-15 minutes of games.
He will be liked at Bolton, I think... good luck!

how do bolton play? hope it is not slow tippy tappy... because he will shine brightest in a counter attacking team.

Boooo! Would have liked to see more of Zach this season. But when you see he’s only played 6 times (according to BBC) perhaps the right decision.

Not particularly, trust Appleton on this one. His talent is unquestionable but needs 3 easy chances per goal.
Hopefully with games on loan, he’ll sharpen up.

Assume he is out of contract at the end of the season.
I'm fairly sure that when he signed it was a lengthy contract - something like three and a half years.

If we are going to do as the club implied a week or so ago and move up signing some of our summer targets to this January then we are going to need to make room somewhere, it makes sense to send a wide player out since we have so much cover there (Johnson, Scully, Anderson, Howarth, Archibald, Rogers) and what we really need it seems is a backup to Tom Hopper, if we are signing someone to compete for his position it's going to take a chunk of wages to do that for sure...

Shocked, but the lad needs game time and at the moment he is peripheral. He'll be back sharper and more mature next season, good luck Zack.

Having terrorised Shrewsbury in the Pizza Cup, a few days later in the home League game he did not feature, I know Shrews played loads at the back leading 1-0 , but you would have thought the last player they wanted to see was him. Will be interesting to see how he does, good luck to him.

we'd have won 1-0 without him against Accrington. Also was the difference against Shrewsbury. But Rogers has already come in, who plays that sort of position. Rogers perhaps a luxury we dont need with Elbowz playing so well, but he's here now. Can't play both of them. So good that he's going out on loan to get some full matches. He will progress more, and come back a better player.

Given we may very well repeatedly lose more players to covid cases, either got it or isolating otherwise, I hope all these players being shipped out doesn't leave us short.

we'd have won 1-0 without him against Accrington. Also was the difference against Shrewsbury. But Rogers has already come in, who plays that sort of position. Rogers perhaps a luxury we dont need with Elbowz playing so well, but he's here now. Can't play both of them. So good that he's going out on loan to get some full matches. He will progress more, and come back a better player.

I suspect Rogers can play up front in the middle a la Johnson, which Zak definitely cannot do...

Two things from me about Mr Elbouzedi,

1) Hopefully, by the time he returns we can work out whether to call him Zac, Zak, Zack, or Zach

2) While I like what he does when running into space behind the defence, I am not sure what else he adds. I haven't been conscious of the sort of tackling back and harrying that Scully and Anderson do on the other side, nor do I remember too many short passing interactions working the ball up the line. I think there is quite a lot he can add to his game if he wants to really push on and he needs game time to do it. Either that or he needs to find a team that wants to put the ball over the top and let him chase it.
I'm not saying he is one-dimensional as such, just that he isn't the rounded article and, while I would like him to get a run to see whether he can step on with us, the reality is that we have better players in his position and a real opportunity to get promoted. All things considered I'm not disappointed by this, I think it shows that we looking to move further forward, not that Elbouzedi isn't good enough.