Dingles on Satdy | Vital Football

Dingles on Satdy

jeffs right

Vital Football Hero
New boss has got them playing one up top, passing out from the back, keeping possession and boring the shite out of their fans.
Can we break them down and get the three points or are we heading for another home draw?

Easy win for Burnley so my head says 3-1
Heart says 2-0 latics

I say Burnley, but I hope the tics prove me wrong (again) and keep our unbeaten streak going.

Not sure they have found their feet yet and my Dingle mates say they are struggling up front - we might just nick it

They played midweek albeit not all their first 11. I see a 1-1 draw, if it’s 0-0 at half time I think we’ll win!

I can see us competing again, looking solid and difficult to break down./ Burnley have a lot of quality in their squad.

1-1

New boss has got them playing one up top, passing out from the back, keeping possession and boring the shite out of their fans.
Can we break them down and get the three points or are we heading for another home draw?

My neighbours have season tickets at Turf Moor and to be fair that’s an accurate analysis from what they tell me. They aren’t happy. Say there is plenty of sideways and backward passing with little end product. They say it’s boring and shite to watch. They have Barnes up front who apparently doesn’t suit the system and are desperate for a new centre forward. They’re going Saturday and are predicting a draw.

it will take some time for Kompany to change the style of play from Dyches 4-4-2 long ball with a squad that has gotten quite old.

Hopefully the performance against Birmingham and the change of football when down to 10 men from the long ball crap to more passing game will continue here, minus the 10 men ofcourse :)

Confidence amongst our squad will be high so I'm going for a solid 2-0 home win with Lang getting of the mark.
:cool:

it will take some time for Kompany to change the style of play from Dyches 4-4-2 long ball with a squad that has gotten quite old.

Hopefully the performance against Birmingham and the change of football when down to 10 men from the long ball crap to more passing game will continue here, minus the 10 men ofcourse :)[/QUOTE Am I wrong or as the skipper not played against Is old club for ages last time we played um was 2014 ? Correct me if I am wrong

I saw them play in their first game and they were very impressive, but since then they've not won in the league, so it seems like they haven't found their rhythm yet. Probably a good time to play them as if they eventually click they will be one hell of a side based on the potential they showed when I saw them.

It's going to be a big clash in styles and it'll be a case of if we can drag them into a battle or if they will have the skill and flair to keep us at arms length and play around and through us.

Their right wing back Matteson is out suspended which is a big boost as he was superb for them from what i saw. A huge attacking threat

Every game we play our 2 big factors are how well we can keep the ball (avoiding losing possession going long too much) and if we leave a big gap in the centre of the pitch. A team that play posession football like Burnley will punish us if we keep giving them back the ball and have midfield.

I'm hoping that we may switch to wing backs and see Nyambe, Wyke and Broadhead start but I think it'll more likely be closer to the team and system that we started in the other games.

Head-to-head

Burnley have faced Wigan 23 times in their history, with a record of three wins, eight draws and 12 defeats.

That's a damn good record against the Dingles

I had to look it up but the last time we played Burnley was in the 13/14 season so you are correct, Darikwa might have played against them when at Nottingham.

Edit: That was meant as a reply to rumjocky but it did not work for some reason.