Dingles on Satdy | Page 2 | Vital Football

Dingles on Satdy

Alex Neil been given permission by Sunderland to speak with Stoke and Alan Nixon says 'more than one boss' has spoken to Stoke in the last 24 hours.

Leam was conspicuously absent from media duties yesterday for the first time I can remember since he became manager with James Beattie filling in... hopefully just a coincidence but can't help but be a little concerned.

EDIT: Nixon says four managers have spoken to Stoke, Neil being one of them. Not entirely out the question that Leam could be one of them...

Last edited:
Definitely think tomorrow is the best time to play Burnley. they are a club still bedding players in and have not settled as we have. I expect Leam to go at them from the off. Also, I Predict Bennett is to keep his slot in the back 4. hopefully we find an early goal and set the tone but who knows? Wouldnt be surprised to see Magennis lead the line. with broadhead and Wyke optional to come on once again.
Up the Tics!

Alex Neil been given permission by Sunderland to speak with Stoke and Alan Nixon says 'more than one boss' has spoken to Stoke in the last 24 hours.

Leam was conspicuously absent from media duties yesterday for the first time I can remember since he became manager with James Beattie filling in... hopefully just a coincidence but can't help but be a little concerned.

EDIT: Nixon says four managers have spoken to Stoke, Neil being one of them. Not entirely out the question that Leam could be one of them...
Well if he did go Sean Dyche would be perfect for us. Best manager available not working and likes his side's to play football.

Well if he did go Sean Dyche would be perfect for us. Best manager available not working and likes his side's to play football.

Don’t see us ever being able to command a Sean Dyche type unless we got back to the Prem. Way out of our wage-bracket surely.

He’ll either end up at a lower-end Prem team or a top-spending Championship team like Norwich if they end up sacking Dean Smith because things don’t turn around.

New boss has got them playing one up top, passing out from the back, keeping possession and boring the shite out of their fans.
Can we break them down and get the three points or are we heading for another home draw?
Very much like last week under the cosh for most of the game but if we're still in it with 20 mins to go could nick it. we never know when to give up UTFT

Another draw would be a superb result. The confidence gained so far might just give us the chance to snatch a win, but that would be the sprinkles on the cream, on the cherry, on top of the cake.

Dont understand that team 4 strikers on the bench none on the field

Wigan Athletic: Jones, Kerr, Whatmough, Tilt, Darikwa (Capt), Power, Naylor, Shinnie, McClean, Lang, Keane.

Subs: Amos, Nyambe, Aasgaard, Broadhead, Magennis, Humphrys, Wyke.

Huge gap in quality today both goals come from our right I'm afraid but then again he will keep persisting with him.
Lang is out of his depth at the moment

We improved towards the end of the first half - couldn’t be much worse than we were in the first 20 mins that said. We have a chance to turn this round but Leam needs to make some changes and soon.

The rainford train today full of Burnley fans, great bunch of lads.

not sure what we were thinking in the first half, tactics all wrong, especially when Burnley are poor defensively, we need to stop giving teams too much respect. Much better end to the half mind you, gotta go at them

Where to start with that shite...league 1 players all over the pitch. Defence shocking, midfield non-existent and forwards we had none. Too slow to make changes too.

Disaster

Forwards were on bench but like you said League one players against money bags sides like this won't always work. Not signing players has been a gamble and today it backfired. I wonder why the strikers didn't start ie Broadhead and Wyke.

Where to start with that shite...league 1 players all over the pitch. Defence shocking, midfield non-existent and forwards we had none. Too slow to make changes too.

Disaster

It was in effect league 1 vs Premier league & proved to me we should have definitely made more signings in the summer. It was also a very harsh "welcome to the championship" lesson Said it time & again, Naylor was my POTS last season but he for one proved he is not a championship standard player. Kerr also had a stinker.

It was in effect league 1 vs Premier league & proved to me we should have definitely made more signings in the summer. It was also a very harsh "welcome to the championship" lesson Said it time & again, Naylor was my POTS last season but he for one proved he is not a championship standard player. Kerr also had a stinker.

You've nailed it regarding Naylor...People were saying this and that about how good he is and I just don't see it. They were a good side though.