Derby and FFP | Page 5 | Vital Football

Derby and FFP

He was fourth choice though I believe.

O'Neil said yes and then no
Biddle turned us down.
Roy Evans said yes but I think Doughty said no
So it came to Platt. It didn't seem like a disastrous idea at the time.

Who the flippin' heck is Biddle?!

Even Roy Evans would have been a terrible choice IMO.

Ive always liked Lampard. I could see him making a good coach, though fingers crossed its at his second job!

Similar; I too have always had time for Lampard but I can't see this marriage going anywhere - Sorry Frank!!! but this will all end in tears - you'll be back in the smoke before you know it.

Can't help feeling Frankie boy is leaving the glam & glitter of London to get away from his missus for a quieter life in the sticks of Ram Land.

Roy Evans would’ve been perfect he managed that car lot a treat even with all the problems with Barry, Pat & his impotence.

Paul Heckingbottom has been sacked after 16 games at Leeds.

If anything worries me about the judgement of this new regime it is their attraction to this guy, who was not doing brilliantly at Barnsley and has show just what we would have gotten had he come to us.

If anything worries me about the judgement of this new regime it is their attraction to this guy, who was not doing brilliantly at Barnsley and has show just what we would have gotten had he come to us.

They were so keen they didn't give him the job Pope (y)
Surely if there was genuine interest in Heckingbottom, they looked at it and decided against him. So that's a tick in the box, isn't it? They made the right call.

To be fair to Heckingbottom, the Leeds job is just impossible.

With him not being a 'name', he was destined to fail. Hope he gets another job where expectations aren't as high. Would have been good at 'Frank Lampard's Derby County' IMO.

We can add the new Leeds owner onto the bonkers owner list now too. He did look like he might be a good owner, but nope.

They were so keen they didn't give him the job Pope (y)
Surely if there was genuine interest in Heckingbottom, they looked at it and decided against him. So that's a tick in the box, isn't it? They made the right call.

The word at the time was that they didn't expect Karanka to go for it and turned to him. At the crunch time in negotiations it seems that Karanka suddenly warmed to the job so they went back to first choice.

It was widely reported Heckingbottom was second choice when he should never have been on any list at all

Dodged a bullet there IMO

So as soon as frankie boy gets installed the journalists start putting two and two together and John Terry is supposed to be joining Derby now. Surprising really as he didn't want to hang around with villa and the Rams are supposedly cost cutting !!!!!

Oh and before the pedants get at me I know villa never officially offered JT a new contract extension but at over 70k a week how could mad Mel pay for himm unless he is joining as a player coach

Oh and before the pedants get at me I know villa never officially offered JT a new contract extension but at over 70k a week how could mad Mel pay for himm unless he is joining as a player coach

If he were committed to the club he could've stayed and played for next to nowt.

Worth pointing out that Derby's brilliant new manager has said he will be honouring his BBC commitments and therefore buggering off to Russia for the world cup for a month in his first ever pre season as a manager with the transfer window closing weeks earlier than usual.

What could possibly go wrong?

Meanwhile the forest manager has already said he won't be taking a holiday this summer and we are already well on the way with targets