Derby and FFP | Page 6 | Vital Football

Derby and FFP

And he said that he hasn't made a list of players so it isn't as though they can be working very effectively to push deals through in his absence.

You would think that the period when the players were away, either at the World Cup or just on holiday, would be the perfect time to get to grips with other areas of the job such as contracts, back room staff etc and get an idea through video analysis of the players he has and what he will need.

Strange attitude to have really.

Perhaps he will use it as a scouting exercise
You would think that the period when the players were away, either at the World Cup or just on holiday, would be the perfect time to get to grips with other areas of the job such as contracts, back room staff etc and get an idea through video analysis of the players he has and what he will need.

Strange attitude to have really.
I am liking his attitude chap!

Oh and before the pedants get at me I know villa never officially offered JT a new contract extension but at over 70k a week how could mad Mel pay for himm unless he is joining as a player coach
Sounds like you may be right regards him possibly joining up with Derby.

Sounds like you may be right regards him possibly joining up with Derby.

Yes, I heard similar in November Ingy and Sleaford will confirm that we PM'd each other in December regarding THIS +1

We keep it strictly to PM nowadays

Well done chap! Why don't you contact each other in the mornings chap?

I am far too toodle in the morning OFF TOPIC as weel you know you little tinker!

You do know don't you Ingy? Well? Well do YOU? Thought so

Sounds like they are considering selling Curtis Davies (£500k buy 12months ago) to Stoke for £3m and using the money to pay John Terry's wages.

So a Curtis Davies gets you 1 year of 38 year old John Terry.

Good deal? Sounds crap to me. Davies is half decent so I can't believe the switch is going to dramatically improve things for them on the pitch.

Rowett wants Carson too.... bit shocked that Mel hasn't insisted on a clause stating GR can't come back & poach players!

Although - decent return on Davies!