Derby and FFP | Vital Football

Derby and FFP

If they breach the rules they get an embargo not a fine, which is imposed by the FL not the FA; do those c*nts at the Heil ever get anything correct?

As nice as it would be, I just don't see an embargo being enforced; they have offloaded players in the last two seasons for big money and can get rid of Vydra for a tidy sum.

At some point FFP was always going to catch up with them & whilst they have sold players for big money, they've spent plenty too - with their wages being the biggest issue.

If they lose the case with Sam Rush - they are in trouble, as they have included that claim against him in their accounts.

Curtis, Carson & Vydra likely to be on their way.

Time for them to feel the pinch while we are on the total opposite end of the scale, might be a good few years for us now with regards shitting on them.

At some point FFP was always going to catch up with them & whilst they have sold players for big money, they've spent plenty too - with their wages being the biggest issue.

If they lose the case with Sam Rush - they are in trouble, as they have included that claim against him in their accounts.

Curtis, Carson & Vydra likely to be on their way.

They're Dooooooomed - There's no wonder why Lamb is so expensive.

As for Villa let's see how long 'Fat Nose' lasts when he has no money to spend - Happy FFP to them both.

Villa spent very little last season as a result of FFP.

£20m drop in income now plus whatever other consequences.

I had now desire to see a Steve Bruce side again, but Villa still being here and realising this isn't some Mickey mouse division you can just throw money at is hilarious. They are a proper Championship team now

Villa had 7 of the top 10 earners in the Championship last season, at least 3 of whom never play.

Terry may have played his last game but unless players like Agbonlahor and Richards have reached the end of their contracts they are going to struggle to offload and will have to sell players they would rather keep just to stay in line.

Add to that the fact that their keeper isn’t actually theirs and it could be an interesting window for them let alone once they get a side on the pitch.

That’s one less they have to worry about then and technically so is Terry so that’s two but players like McCormack, Richards and Lansbury are still there on big wages and they will struggle to offload them.

Their best assets are Grealish, Adomah and Chester with maybe Hourihane and Kodjia thrown in but they are the sort of players they need to keep if they want to challenge.

If they can get through ffp this year they might decide to go all in on a shit-or-bust season and pay the fine once they're out.

If they can get through ffp this year they might decide to go all in on a shit-or-bust season and pay the fine once they're out.
That’s certainly one option but with the QPR case pending it has its risks.

Not sure whether they will think it’s worth it.

That’s certainly one option but with the QPR case pending it has its risks.

Not sure whether they will think it’s worth it.

Boiuenemouth settled up quietly out of court I believe. The EFL would prefer this IMO.

Yeah
Boiuenemouth settled up quietly out of court I believe. The EFL would prefer this IMO.
it certainly went better for Bournemouth than it has for QPR.

One thing that may be an issue is how much money their owners really have though.

There are rumours that Xia isn’t quite as loaded as he originally inferred. He certainly isn’t in the same league as Fosun and is meant to have a similar fortune as Marinakis which, unless he can find backers, could mean he will have to be a bit more careful in future.

He was like a kid in a sweet shop the first season but the spending dried up pretty quickly which to me suggests he is unlikely to throw the kitchen sink at it next season.

Last edited:
Pay the fine when they're out :rofl:Like QPR did???

Donr know what you find funny mate but bournemouth did just that and they're sitting pretty in the prem right now.

If money's no problem their owner may decide that to be the path of least pain and the most direct route to his goal.

Hope he doesnt though. There's nothing more entertaining than the humbling of a fallen giant.

Leicester paid up too, I believe. Their fines were small fry compared with QPR's. As per the other thread, Newcastle must be heading for a pretty large fine too.

Donr know what you find funny mate but bournemouth did just that and they're sitting pretty in the prem right now.

Don't find it funny one bit pal - it's a sarcastic gesture because the authorities bottled it - they were threatened by QPR who were prepared to fight their case in court - It went on for months and then dropped hoping no-one would notice - then comes Forest (same scenario) gets fined with a transfer embargo that lasted 3 transfer windows - I don't find that remotely funny.

Last edited:
But QPR still face a £40m fine as they are unlikely to win their appeal so the reality is the joke is on them.

Don't find it funny one bit pal - it's a sarcastic gesture because the authorities bottled it - they were threatened by QPR who were prepared to fight their case in court - It went on for months and then dropped hoping no-one would notice - then comes Forest (same scenario) gets fined with a transfer embargo that lasted 3 transfer windows - I don't find that remotely funny.

The QPR case has not been dropped; QPR appealed, the appeal is going through due process and when that has concluded they will end up paying.

Every team that broke the rules, bar QPR, have been punished in full.

The punishments were transparent and fully in line with the guidelines laid out prior to the transgressions taking place.

All of the sarcasm and irony in the world will never cover up peoples ignorance and stupidity.