Deal edging closer? | Page 14 | Vital Football

Deal edging closer?

It's a buyer's market.
If Kipre has no release clause and yet we are selling him well below his true value at £900k why is no other club out bidding WBA?
Unfortunately in today's market values have dropped for Championship standard players.

But a bidder is just that, you cant run a business based on what a new maybe owner wants you have run it as you best see fit. You keep theplyers who may want to go, who would blme cipre for wanting to go to the prem?Have a unhappy player or get a bt of money in

Admin have by their own account balanced the books and there is no urgency as they said they have money for possibly 2 months of wages - selling players on the cheap in a rush to clear bills and reduce the wage bill is no longer an issue to the leading bidder. The Americans are happy with the wage bill and there is no debts - all that is left to haggle is the final price so why are admin carrying on asset stripping?

If a player wants to go you don't sell for a fraction of the value because they ask you get the fee you deem acceptable. If they player was crap and signed a 3 years deal we couldn't expect him to be happy with us releasing him without honouring the deal we made as the players can't expect the club to sell successful players for less than we paid for them after developing them. Think about it we paid about 3.5m plus for untested players and probably another 750k in wages they players did well and proved themselves at Championship level and we sell them for 2m it's a massive loss. If admin don't sell them the new owners would've been able to sell them for a larger price. It's stripped realistically at least 5m out of the club and since we literally can't replace them with the transfer ban has killed any outside chance of us being competitive by removing 2 key players when we were already down to about 8 outfield players.

It's a piss take. Admin have reduced the chances of selling us by this move at this point when they claim they want to get the deal done. I gave admin a lot of benefit of the doubt, i understand the admin process and accepted the rubbish deals to get the debt and wages down to this point - but i am judging admin by their own words. They said where we are, they said what the next step is and undermined themselves and the club with this decision. This is disgraceful decision imo.

Last edited:
It's a buyer's market.
If Kipre has no release clause and yet we are selling him well below his true value at £900k why is no other club out bidding WBA?
Unfortunately in today's market values have dropped for Championship standard players.

That is fair enough but why sell him for so low if the prospective buyer has a bid in on the provision he stays and you aren't in desperate need of the cash immediately?

Surely as admin if you genuinely want to sell the club asap as they say you put the move on hold and haggle the offer rather than plough ahead and invalidate the offer?

New owners are saying why hasn't the money coming in reduced the club valuation - it's a valid question.

Wigan Warriors fan here. I got an email to say my pledge to Latic’s crowdshare appeal will be going through as the appeal has hit its target. Great news for you and I hope it helps with Latics survival. It would be criminal to see you end up with more unscrupulous owners or worst still, go under. Good luck for the future.

If its true that krasner is getting the club ready for his friend Smuthwrate who i think he is but hope not
We will end up worse off under this clown further down the line and if things do and it will happen the man that should be held to account is krasner

It's a buyer's market.

True to some extent Sid but not THAT far they haven’t....and I‘ll ask again if he is ‘Championship standard‘ why are WBA chasing him for their Premiership campaign ?

’Ivan the Terrible’ Toney just signed for Brentford for £5M potentially rising to 10m?.....”what’s the story on market value for L1 standard players?” ...he may or may not cut it at Championship level but whatever he’s achieved so far has only been at L1

Its certainly a ‘buyers market‘ when the seller appears to be actively screwing the business whose Interests they are supposed to be representing

If the americans are really serious then its time to help us out before that smurthwaite gets his foot through the door
Im sure they can pay what these scallys are asking and put an end to this fiasco before its too late

Wigan Warriors fan here. I got an email to say my pledge to Latic’s crowdshare appeal will be going through as the appeal has hit its target. Great news for you and I hope it helps with Latics survival. It would be criminal to see you end up with more unscrupulous owners or worst still, go under. Good luck for the future.

Thanks Vigo for your kind words and donation. Good luck with your season.

It's a buyer's market.
Nobody outbid because Blackburn already had an offer accepted at 900k and then no other club is going to bid more than that knowing that we’ll sell at that price.

If you go to the shop and it says £9.99 on something you don’t then offer £20.

West Brom came in at 900k knowing that they are a better proposition than Rovers because they are PL.

Nobody outbid because Blackburn already had an offer accepted at 900k and then no other club is going to bid more than that knowing that we’ll sell at that price.

West Brom came in at 900k knowing that they are a better proposition than Rovers because they are PL.

If someone knows that something is worth £20, and is aware that someone has bid just £10 for it, why wouldn't they put in a bid in for £12 if they really wanted it ?

If someone knows that something is worth £20, and is aware that someone has bid just £10 for it, why wouldn't they put in a bid in for £12 if they really wanted it ?

If you know the player is likely to choose you due to being in the Prem you'll not need to up the offer. Just match it.

If you know the player is likely to choose you due to being in the Prem you'll not need to up the offer. Just match it.
But that then in turn might trigger another (higher) offer from the Championship team.

All I was implying was that although we believe a player is worth more than they eventually go for, if teams don't bid for them, then they'll go for the best offer anyone submits.

Because you know the wages you can offer will definitely tip the balance.... in addition to you offering a Premiership opportunity.

Seriously I had thought these Admins were getting more stick than they deserved ....’just doing their job etc’ .....but I’m seriously doubting their motives and moral if not legal integrity now.

Ganaye came out a couple of weeks ago and blabbed direct and/or through Alan Nixon that they wanted the lot with a ‘vote for us’ pitch to the fans as ‘the other buyers were just interested in the properties and not the club’....Admins were furious that they came out with this in public (albeit a perfectly truthful statement as it transpired) and seemed to be set on a path of obstruction (rooted in petulance) to their bid ever since.

Krasner/Stanley please sell up to the perfectly credible French/US bid urgently and then kindly proceed to fuck off out of it at you own chosen speed

So, we should say that we now have sufficient funds and the price has gone up

Because if you’ve already accepted the £10 bid then whilst you can also accept the £12 bid it’s still up to the player to choose which club to go to as both bids have been accepted.

Are we talking about Windass now? He’s worth about a tenner.

Because you know the wages you can offer will definitely tip the balance.... in addition to you offering a Premiership opportunity.

Seriously I had thought these Admins were getting more stick than they deserved ....’just doing their job etc’ .....but I’m seriously doubting their motives and moral if not legal integrity now.

Ganaye came out a couple of weeks ago and blabbed direct and/or through Alan Nixon that they wanted the lot with a ‘vote for us’ pitch to the fans as ‘the other buyers were just interested in the properties and not the club’....Admins were furious that they came out with this in public (albeit a perfectly truthful statement as it transpired) and seemed to be set on a path of obstruction (rooted in petulance) to their bid ever since.

Krasner/Stanley please sell up to the perfectly credible French/US bid urgently and then kindly proceed to fuck off out of it at you own chosen speed

I do think it is entirely possible Ganaye's side are spinning and leaking stuff to win the fans round. In fact i think it's probably likely. Admin have insinuated some of the bidders are doing something like that which would explain why Krasner doesn't seem to favour them but the alternative.

When I initially heard we were selling Lowe and Kipre and the bidder wasn't happy I thought 'you can't moan until you have the offer in and tell them it's on the provision of no more sales' which they apparently did. I assumed there must still be debts, wages to fund and no offer so admin were still on the fire sale. But when admin are saying themselves the debts are sorted and wages in hand it's not spin from the other side and you look at the decision to sell at that price at this time and I don't think it's justifiable and it's counter productive. I think it likely makes the sale harder rather than easier.

If the debts are in hand, if the wages are there for 2 months and 2m is coming in but not going off the price - where is it going? Also if admin saying the put in sell ons they keep part of is it not a massive conflict of interest in selling these players?

Maybe there is a good explanation of why this is happening but we need to hear it as right now admins own words don't seem to match their actions. I know it's a tough job full of horrible decisions we don't want to happen and I'm not expecting them to look at this from a fans perspective as that's not their job or mindset. But the sell on clauses I find concerning and the Lowe and Kipre sales at this time seem questionable decisions. I'm not going to throw any accusations around or conflate things I disagree with as something automatically untoward but I feel there is a clear explanation required.

Plus why accept any offer? We don’t need to sell anymore - tell them to pay up of feck off.

Or give Krasner a £250k sell on backhander and He’s yours.... allegedly.

I do think it is entirely possible Ganaye's side are spinning and leaking stuff to win the fans round. In fact i think it's probably likely. Admin have insinuated some of the bidders are doing something like that which would explain why Krasner doesn't seem to favour them but the alternative.

When I initially heard we were selling Lowe and Kipre and the bidder wasn't happy I thought 'you can't moan until you have the offer in and tell them it's on the provision of no more sales' which they apparently did. I assumed there must still be debts, wages to fund and no offer so admin were still on the fire sale. But when admin are saying themselves the debts are sorted and wages in hand it's not spin from the other side and you look at the decision to sell at that price at this time and I don't think it's justifiable and it's counter productive. I think it likely makes the sale harder rather than easier.

If the debts are in hand, if the wages are there for 2 months and 2m is coming in but not going off the price - where is it going? Also if admin saying the put in sell ons they keep part of is it not a massive conflict of interest in selling these players?

Maybe there is a good explanation of why this is happening but we need to hear it as right now admins own words don't seem to match their actions. I know it's a tough job full of horrible decisions we don't want to happen and I'm not expecting them to look at this from a fans perspective as that's not their job or mindset. But the sell on clauses I find concerning and the Lowe and Kipre sales at this time seem questionable decisions. I'm not going to throw any accusations around or conflate things I disagree with as something automatically untoward but I feel there is a clear explanation required.

There is still substantial non-footballing debts unpaid, with I’m fairly sure around 1.5 million still needing to be paid back imminently to avoid the 15 point deduction - presumably the sale of Windass and Kipre would cover that.

That’s apparently the admins’ justification for not budging on the 4 million price tag, because that’s what’s needed to cover remaining debts.