Deal edging closer? | Vital Football

Deal edging closer?

Dudestalker beat you to it about half an hour ago on the other thread mate.
;)

Oh......and I shall NOT be joining in with any U. S, A. chants !

Could well happen but been so many false hopes im not getting excited or carried away with this old report

It certainly sounds like summat's moving ................ no point counting chickens like, but we can certainly hold out reasonable hope, when only a few days ago, it was looking like it might be drifting away.

Lets enjoy the bank holiday regardless ...................... and if anyone should hear an American accent over the weekend, whatever you do, be nice to them !!!

It certainly sounds like summat's moving ................ no point counting chickens like, but we can certainly hold out reasonable hope, when only a few days ago, it was looking like it might be drifting away.

Lets enjoy the bank holiday regardless ...................... and if anyone should hear an American accent over the weekend, whatever you do, be nice to them !!!
Cant see them sitting in harrys bar thats for sure

If someone was able to get concerts at the ground and turn the chippy into a small hotel, they’d make money from it I’m sure. Would cost a packet though to do up.

Great idea you could just demolish it and build a hotel
Yeah, we’d probably have to. That, plus the stadium would need to have some proper money spent on it. We need the stadium to be used seven days a week. It’s got all the conferencing facilities we need. Concerts would be a game changer but no big acts would come here until we spruce up the place. I’d bin off Rigalettos as well, no bugger in Wigan goes to eat at an Italian restaurant. Turn it into perhaps a matchday chippy only so we just need to appoint part time staff? Sharpy’s failed because it was open seven days a week with a huge amount of full time staff. I remember wondering why so many people were operating the fryers, they could have half the staff.

Would take a lot of money all this, depends if the reward would be worth it financially. We have to do something though to offset the current stadium losses. Renaming the stadium should be the start.

If someone was able to get concerts at the ground and turn the chippy into a small hotel, they’d make money from it I’m sure. Would cost a packet though to do up.

I really do think the concert thing is a non starter, IEC thought they could exploit that and failed to get any interest.

I really do think the concert thing is a non starter, IEC thought they could exploit that and failed to get any interest.
Because the stadium is old, worn out and desperately needs some investment. That’s what I mean by the club needing to invest if they want to see a return. It needs to be a more attractive proposition than it currently is. Right now the Reebok is just so much more enticing.

Because the stadium is old, worn out and desperately needs some investment. That’s what I mean by the club needing to invest if they want to see a return. It needs to be a more attractive proposition than it currently is. Right now the Reebok is just so much more enticing.

To be honest C Latic, I don't really know the reasons why it wasn't taken on board by IEC and am only speculating but I would imagine that there would be problems with local licensing, insurance costs and dates. Add to that the number of large venues available in the area, the two arena's in Manchester and Liverpool, and the Reebok, and there hardly seems a need for another. The limited number of available dates means that other venues would get the pick of the best artists and we might just become a second rate gig.

Another problem would be the protection of the playing surface, we have only just got this sorted (thanks IEC) and I for one wouldn't want to go back to having to replace the pitch every season.

There must be other ways to increase the revenue or reduce the overheads but I genuinely believe we are barking up the wrong tree with this one.

Old?