Deal edging closer? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Deal edging closer?

Never ceases to amaze me, a rumour becomes a fact so quick, and now people are talking about base ball games on the football pitch.

What little joy you must have in your life if you can't either dream or have a laugh. (Take your pick on whether or not you think the talk was serious).
:rolleyes:

There is nothing wrong with the stadium and it’s pretty much about the same standard as any stadium that was built around the same time. If we spent millions improving it - it wouldn't return the investment at all as outside the hardcore who would go anyway the casual fans / people of Wigan will only turn up when there is a wiff of glory on the pitch or glamorous opposition.

Even then we cant fill it, Man City fa cup, probably the best team in europe at the time

What little joy you must have in your life if you can't either dream or have a laugh. (Take your pick on whether or not you think the talk was serious).
:rolleyes:
you honestly think some on here are not convinced its a done deal? And in about 12 hours when its not concluded and announced they will be on a rant about how shit the amin are?

Do you just come on to abuse others? Got to be some sort of a wind up. How about just posting your own opinions instead of slating and abusing others?

Just read back some of your posts, no idea what you think gives you the right to be so angry at everyone else, especially with how many times you've been asked to calm down.

Not spending my bank holiday weekend dealing with complaints about your conduct, you can take an early bath and the community can let me know if and when they want this sort of tripe back.

Had enough.

View attachment 41740

My only suprise is he lasted as long as he did before getting banned again.

My only suprise is he lasted as long as he did before getting banned again.

I do rely on you fine folks and alerts, as well as consulting with some via pm, as the last thing I want to do as admin, and certainly an outsider (and even more so during this bloody awful time you are all going through) is antagonise. But enough is enough with that level of anger, it does no one any good!

There is nothing wrong with the stadium and it’s pretty much about the same standard as any stadium that was built around the same time. If we spent millions improving it - it wouldn't return the investment at all as outside the hardcore who would go anyway the casual fans / people of Wigan will only turn up when there is a wiff of glory on the pitch or glamorous opposition.
It’s tired, worn out and dirty. Hasn’t had any proper work on it since it was opened, not even a lick of paint. If I was the owner of a company looking to high out a room for a mass conference, I certainly wouldn’t be giving my custom to the DW when the likes of Bolton are next door and in far better condition.

Fair play them because they’ve got it absolutely spot on regarding off the field activities. They have a leg up with the hotel but with concerts, conferences and even rugby taking place there, they are gaining income from the ground all year round, not just on matchdays. That’s what needs to change here.

I'm expecting the US national anthem played before every game ........

I've been to a few baseball games in the States, and Sweet Caroline seems to be a favourite over there (after "The Ball Game" of course ...................... so I've done a version for us................... Wigan Athletic:

Where it began

I can't begin to knowin'

Since 32 an’ still goin' strong

In Seventy Eight

Elected, we’d finally made it

The league at last had come along

Hands, touchin' hands

Reachin' out, touchin' me, touchin' you

Wigan Athletic

Good times never seemed so good

Choii and Yeung are shits

They nearly killed us but we would

Not, die, so ...

...look at the night

And it don't seem so lonely

We fill it up with evening games

And when I hurt

Hurtin' runs off my shoulders

How can I hurt when I’ve watched Reece James?

Warm, me pie is warm

I’ve broke a tooth, on an Uncle Joe. ……

Wigan Athletic

Not, die, no, no.

I’d move back to Springfield Park in a heart beat if it was possible. It was a shithole but I prefer grounds like that where you can stand on the terrace and are right next to the action. I’m not interested in any of the fancy corporate stuff. Fleetwood away has been fantastic the last couple of times we’ve played them. Singing your support is fucking shit to Latics fans in the other stand and having banter with every player who took a corner in front of us, far more enjoyable than being half a mile away from the action.

I've been to a few baseball games in the States, and Sweet Caroline seems to be a favourite over there (after "The Ball Game" of course ...................... so I've done a version for us................... Wigan Athletic:

Where it began

I can't begin to knowin'

In Seventy Eight

Hands, touchin' hands

Wigan Athletic

Not, die, so ...

...look at the night

And when I hurt

Warm, me pie is warm

Wigan Athletic

Not, die, no, no.

Top effort haha :clap:

I wish we could go back to the days of 4 tv channels which went of air at midnight. Also the days when Asda only opened half day on Wednesdays and all shops shut on sundays. 3 day week and all that oh the good old days stood on town end in rain footy on Astro at half time hey hope future is as good

My Dad and Mum’s shop closed Wednesday lunchtime ....as did most small independents and a few up Wigan ....not sure Asda ever did ?

Where it began

I can't begin to knowin'

In Seventy Eight

Hands, touchin' hands

Wigan Athletic

Not, die, so ...

...look at the night

And when I hurt

Warm, me pie is warm

Wigan Athletic

Not, die, no, no.

Don't give up the day job. LOL.