Danson | Page 6 | Vital Football

Danson

Bicky, I for one understand where you're coming from Danson now owns two clubs one run sustainable whilst allowing the other club that are in debt to spend.

How come the Worriers aren't run the same way?
There are two issues Frank ... I'm not sure which one you're struggling with.

1. Just cos Danson owns both WAFC and WWRLFC doesn't mean that he can transfer money between the two companies. Maybe if he changes the company structure re the Stadium Co, he might be able to in future, but as of now, no. Someone like TB would be far better at explaining the cans and can'ts of inter-company trading ... but Latics and Warriors aren't (currently) part of any such structure.

2. Latics are still under restrictions as to what we can and can't do with regard to spending money on players.

As it is, neither of these issues has anything to do with any future intent to run us in a more sustainable fashion going forward.

Even when the restrictions are lifted the sustainability will stay in place.

Two different companies one owner, one club so called skint while the other thrives.

Robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Two different companies one owner, one club so called skint while the other thrives.

I think hindley's assessment may have been generous. 👀

Rumour
Our egg chasing wigan red owner
Have given a egg Chasser a lucrative contract deal to keep him
Have been told we wanted Jensen weir on loan but can't afford his wages he has now signed for port Vale is this true or false
Is this how things are heading fucking 2hat if true
Someone told you we wanted Weir but can't afford him, then ask is this true, is the person who told you full of shit or a liar ? Did you bother to question how they know.

Someone told you we wanted Weir but can't afford him, then ask is this true, is the person who told you full of shit or a liar ? Did you bother to question how they know.
Only mentioned what I was told I don't give a fuck anymore was also told top earners have to go end of season ok might be bllx but recent drop in form humps and lang
Like I say I don't give a fuck under this owner you now have for me it's end da6s being a latics fan but no smoke without out fire
Oh also forgot while rugby can pay decent wages to keep stars we will have to get rid of our top earners and rely on the young lads
Not my words but from someone in the know
.I've I say wait and see if it's true good luck to your club

Oh right so please explaine how the rugby wel over a million in debt in a sport that makes very little can pay what they do
How do you know how much they have paid, do you realise the average wage for an experienced Div 1 player is c.5k per week.

There are very few, if any, RL players earning that amount in this country and secondly there is usually no transfer fees involved, which is also a major cost on a players overall 3 year contract if they leave for nothing or far less than what we paid.

How do you know how much they have paid, do you realise the average wage for an experienced Div 1 player is c.5k per week.

There are very few, if any, RL players earning that amount in this country and secondly there is usually no transfer fees involved, which is also a major cost on a players overall 3 year contract if they leave for nothing or far less than what we paid.
Good luck best wishes for future of your club end off

Will cost peanuts to run the eggmen compare to even having a reasonable tilt at getting out of L1. £500k wouldn't buy a 20 goal striker in this league, but reckon I could find 2 world class RL players for that and I've never seen a live RL game in my life

Only mentioned what I was told I don't give a fuck anymore was also told top earners have to go end of season ok might be bllx but recent drop in form humps and lang
Like I say I don't give a fuck under this owner you now have for me it's end da6s being a latics fan but no smoke without out fire
Oh also forgot while rugby can pay decent wages to keep stars we will have to get rid of our top earners and rely on the young lads
Not my words but from someone in the know
.I've I say wait and see if it's true good luck to your club
Hi Bicky I know how you feel about the knuckle Draggers and I've never had any time for them ever but Danson did save us other wise we would be finished but remember Whelan did the same when he was our owner he saved them from going under and owned both clubs.
Before you do anything rash give these owners a couple more windows to see what they do.
Bicky once a Tic always a Tic cheers mate

bickymon said:
Oh right so please explaine how the rugby wel over a million in debt in a sport that makes very little can pay what they do

Bicymon
You make it sound like debt is a bad thing, and that no companies or people have debts.

How do people buy houses then?

Rumour
Have been told we wanted Jensen weir on loan but can't afford his wages he has now signed for port Vale is this true or false
As I said a few weeks back on another thread. Wyke for instance is on nearly half a million a year for league 1, whereas a top rugby player in super league ain't on a fraction of that.

In some respects the sustainability will remain next season. But where we used to "buy the league" according to rival managers (& although we all scoffed at the time at their jealousy - which turned out to be true) we won't be doing that anymore & instead, will be managing the finances at league 1 level for now. If we manage to win promotion, we'll be then managing the finances at championship level.

Reckon top earners set to leave end of season
And will rely on the academy
Not a bad thing but could end up in league two soon enough

Reckon top earners set to leave end of season
And will rely on the academy
Not a bad thing but could end up in league two soon enough
If the top earners like McGennis, Lang, Rekik and Wyke are as crap as some on here lead us to believe, then how can we be any worse than we are now.

Not sure why Rekik is lumped in with your big earners - he's only a loan signing, so if he were a big earner wouldn't he be going back to Arsenal since his loan is only until January?

Not sure why Rekik is lumped in with your big earners - he's only a loan signing, so if he were a big earner wouldn't he be going back to Arsenal since his loan is only until January?
Not sure…but I think his injury has already seen him go back ?
Whether that’s technically the end of his loan or whether Arsenal would sooner he be treated by their own medics/physios I don’t know

Rumour
I'd be very surprised if Jai Field is on anything close to what Magennis & Wyke are on.

I don't know about him (Rekik) going back, but on Monday I was in hospitality for the United game (I know, some of you won't like that but it was a birthday treat). The two players that came into the Springfield lounge before the game were Matt Smith and Omar Rekik! So who knows where we're up to with Rekik?

Bicky, I for one understand where you're coming from Danson now owns two clubs one run sustainable whilst allowing the other club that are in debt to spend.

How come the Worriers aren't run the same way?
He only took over as sole owner on 1 December, so how do you know they are not run the same way?

The planned summer concerts will help cover any shortfalls, on top of a full house for the World Club Challenge next month and increased numbers of Season Ticket holders.

I don't know about him (Rekik) going back, but on Monday I was in hospitality for the United game (I know, some of you won't like that but it was a birthday treat). The two players that came into the Springfield lounge before the game were Matt Smith and Omar Rekik! So who knows where we're up to with Rekik?
I wouldn't be surprised if Rekik has his loan extended until the end of the season. I also wouldn't be surprised if he comes to us permanently. He is now 22 & has never featured for the Arsenal first team.