Danson | Page 8 | Vital Football

Danson

Which makes it even more bizarre that this "supposed" non-sport attracts people from outside the WN postcode. Its almost as if its (whispers) popular.

Perhaps some of them might even travel over on the Friday and attend the Cheltenham game. Make them welcome wont you.
It is popular to the 25,000 people across the whole of the UK who regularly watch it of a weekend.
Lets face it Old Trafford wouldn't even have have been half full for the Grand Final had it not been for the freebies.
When they play them stupid away matches at Newcastle its never full and they play multiple games on the same day.

I work up at Sellafield and live up there during the week and I know that the local amateur rugby club is taking 4 coachloads. And they do it every year no matter who is playing and where. I would think repeated at clubs all over the show. There'll be as many non Wigan supporters there as there was for the Manyoo game.

This World club challenge match is basically a pre season friendly. The only reason,,, It will get a good crowd. It’s a new team coming to town. Rugby fans must get bored watching the same crap teams week in week out. Most teams apart from 5 are on a par with national league north.

Your obsessed!!
All you seem to coment on is to shit stir between the football & Rugby club.
What are your views on yesterday's result or performance?
I thought he was just informing fellow fans of a rumour. Thanks Bickymon, I hadn't heard that one and sincerely hope that that's all it is, a daft rumour.
Shit stir? We have had to put up with that lot stirring shit for years.
Any more rumours Bickymon, please just keep us informed.

I heard that rumour mid December when clarke quit the rugby and set up a new company but it doesn't seem to have moved forwards.

Your obsessed!!
All you seem to coment on is to shit stir between the football & Rugby club.
What are your views on yesterday's result or performance?
Probably because I fucking hate wigan rugby and their fans
And would piss me off if a ex rugby player did become chairman when they know fuck all about football
Oh by the way enjoyed the game we played very well
But mat Smith getting sent off by that daft foul which he did not need do nearly cost us

Didn't know where to post this, but as folk seem to be expecting summat similar in way of comms (if not the drastic cost cutting) here seems as good as anywhere.

As always with this mon, to the point, clear, even brutal.

I can’t imagine he’ll be too happy when he finds out how many games are shifted from Saturday 3pm under this new tv deal as it’ll significantly impact his revenue. As indeed it will ours and many other clubs.

I can’t imagine he’ll be too happy when he finds out how many games are shifted from Saturday 3pm under this new tv deal as it’ll significantly impact his revenue. As indeed it will ours and many other clubs.
More games going to be on TV ?

Not sure what the new deal entails. Only have BT Sports so never get to watch any of the Football League live so dont keep abreast of TV stuff

More games going to be on TV ?

Not sure what the new deal entails. Only have BT Sports so never get to watch any of the Football League live so dont keep abreast of TV stuff

Can’t fully recall details, but yeah half of championship games every week will be shifted and a third of l1/l2. All at a variety of times, Thursday, Friday night, Saturday, Sunday lunchtimes. Simultaneous tv games, often competing with PL fixtures. Really can’t see the appeal or attraction personally. Will undoubtedly affect attendances and reduce matchday sponsorship for all bar a handful of the bigger Championship clubs such as Leeds.

This is from the FT in 2021

His other media interests span the luxury lifestyle title Spears and the Press Gazette trade magazine, as well as a majority stake in GlobalData, whose market capitalisation has swelled to £1.6bn. But he keeps a low profile.

“He wants to run it [the New Statesman] as a business: it’s not a vanity project,” said another person close to Danson, who described his politics as “middle of the road”.
“We have convinced the owner that we are a title worthy of investment,” he added, referring to Mike Danson, founder of the London-listed market research company GlobalData. “We have an investment plan.”

Danson’s deep pockets have already financed a hiring spree at the New Statesman, adding about 16 journalists to the now 45-strong team in the past year,

Mr Danson took control of the NS in 2010. His acquisition style seems similar to the WAFC purchase:
1. Persuade me
2. Run as a business not a vanity project.

Then he invested to develop the NS.
What is the point of buying a business, to then let it wither and reduce in value. What successful businessman would do that.
Yet I still think there is a legacy aspect to the purchase of Wigan, just as there is to the purchase of the NS.

This is from the FT in 2021

His other media interests span the luxury lifestyle title Spears and the Press Gazette trade magazine, as well as a majority stake in GlobalData, whose market capitalisation has swelled to £1.6bn. But he keeps a low profile.

“He wants to run it [the New Statesman] as a business: it’s not a vanity project,” said another person close to Danson, who described his politics as “middle of the road”.
“We have convinced the owner that we are a title worthy of investment,” he added, referring to Mike Danson, founder of the London-listed market research company GlobalData. “We have an investment plan.”

Danson’s deep pockets have already financed a hiring spree at the New Statesman, adding about 16 journalists to the now 45-strong team in the past year,

Mr Danson took control of the NS in 2010. His acquisition style seems similar to the WAFC purchase:
1. Persuade me
2. Run as a business not a vanity project.

Then he invested to develop the NS.
What is the point of buying a business, to then let it wither and reduce in value. What successful businessman would do that.
Yet I still think there is a legacy aspect to the purchase of Wigan, just as there is to the purchase of the NS.
But! We're going backwards with this mon according to some.