D*rby to be relegated? | Page 117 | Vital Football

D*rby to be relegated?

Of course the other way of looking at it is by EFL declaring £5m required by end of Jan or you are out, makes a few business men sit up and stop mucking about over £1m here or there. The EFL has banged a few heads together. One of the potential bidders has to say they will put forward £5m and pick up the tab from Boro/Wycombe outcome. If Ashley/Appleby or anyone else is serious they are in a position to do this. In practice I can’t see either claims amounting to much. Problem comes if all buyers walk away. EFL has pulled plug on DCFC. They are a founder member of league and not quite the same as Bury.

It does send a very clear message though: Stop fucking cheating and trying to take the EFL for *****

Yes, and that is an excellent message to send, but it should be a threat that applies to ALL clubs.

And the EFL do not come out of this farce without fault; they are the ones who drew up rules with huge loop holes in them, and they are the ones who have not applied those rules equally and fairly.

It was always known that come Jan the EFL would want assurance that there was finances to provide for renewal of contracts and to cover remainder of season. This required a PB willing to pick up the £5m, not guaranteed or a sale of assets to the tune of £5m. What is new is no PB before the Boro/Wycombe problem is sorted. I agree with Mao, this is extra to normal financial practice and even in EFL terms abnormal by declaring them as football debts. Administrators are in an impossible situation.

I almost feel sorry for DCFC.

With no PB Derby will have to sell assets. Once window is closed Gibson will stop rattling EFL’s cage and a deal can be done. Preferred bidder takes on slightly more debt. Derby relegated with weaker team. Probably start next season with clean financial slate but 15 point deduction.

The EFLs conduct in all of this has been incredibly bad, and, having a presence on the Board, we will be held complicit when the shit eventually hits the fan.

The EFLs conduct in all of this has been incredibly bad, and, having a presence on the Board, we will be held complicit when the shit eventually hits the fan.
I would be surprised if Randall agreed to some of the actions, particularly as he will know the legalities.

As I said before Quantuma and/or one or more of the buyers need to threaten the EFL with legal action. Only problem is that it doesn’t help them now…

I hope they go down, down, down but I think we should show some fellow feeling with Derby fans, I know they didn't show us any, but it could be us next, nearly was a few years ago. Our best gate of the year, nearer than Worksop. Morris obviously has a lot of questions to answer but so do the EFL, whole can of worms could open up here. Local creditors bound to suffer, probably businesses from Notts. Show a bit of camaraderie and it could pay dividends in years to come.

I hope they go down, down, down but I think we should show some fellow feeling with Derby fans, I know they didn't show us any, but it could be us next, nearly was a few years ago. Our best gate of the year, nearer than Worksop. Morris obviously has a lot of questions to answer but so do the EFL, whole can of worms could open up here. Local creditors bound to suffer, probably businesses from Notts. Show a bit of camaraderie and it could pay dividends in years to come.
Not sure how cameraderie will pay dividends.

Even if we were as open and supportive as humanly possible, I guarantee they will show absolute fanatical delight if we ever get in serious trouble.

I remember that banner in 2005 on the A52- "Red Dogs, get down and stay down".

Indeed

Sorry but can't delight in others misery. I am with tr3red. Show some class and support. + nothing worse than your enemy doing you a favour. That stings

Not sure how cameraderie will pay dividends.

Even if we were as open and supportive as humanly possible, I guarantee they will show absolute fanatical delight if we ever get in serious trouble.

I remember that banner in 2005 on the A52- "Red Dogs, get down and stay down".

Indeed
Moral high ground?