D*rby to be relegated? | Page 119 | Vital Football

D*rby to be relegated?

They do actually have a good first team. But it's about the siege mentality Rooney has fostered. That's a bubble that could burst easily.

They'll have no problem finding a manager.

Getting this bunch of players up from league one won't be that difficult if they can find a goalscorer down there.
That's if it is THIS bunch of players; Shinnie and Jags the first of many?

They do actually have a good first team. But it's about the siege mentality Rooney has fostered. That's a bubble that could burst easily.

They'll have no problem finding a manager.

Getting this bunch of players up from league one won't be that difficult if they can find a goalscorer down there.
Rooney is squeezing every last drop of potential from that squad but two players have gone with more set to follow, one of which is rumoured to be Curtis Davies. And it looks like the EFL are doing everything in their power to stop any replacements.

They may well get a manager but a good one? Or even a half decent one? Will the EFL even let them or will they have to promote from within?

This bunch of players is too good for league one but the odds are they won’t have them by the end of this window. Sibley, Bird, Knight and Buchanan could well all be gone within a fortnight.

Rooney is squeezing every last drop of potential from that squad but two players have gone with more set to follow, one of which is rumoured to be Curtis Davies. And it looks like the EFL are doing everything in their power to stop any replacements.

They may well get a manager but a good one? Or even a half decent one? Will the EFL even let them or will they have to promote from within?

This bunch of players is too good for league one but the odds are they won’t have them by the end of this window. Sibley, Bird, Knight and Buchanan could well all be gone within a fortnight.
And Lawrence and Byrne

That's if it is THIS bunch of players; Shinnie and Jags the first of many?
Not by the time we play them, but maybe.

Depends how serious the FL are about Feb 1st

Depends how much income the Admins can find and how much they need. They'll be selling season tickets soon and the siege mentality and the whole "help Derby county" schtick will see them fly out of the ticket office.

25,000 season tickets at an average of £400 brings in £10m. Even with costs, that would be enough to finish out the season. Viability next season isn't the issue.

However, if the FL want money in the bank by Feb 1st that will be too late to do it through supporters.

We have made bids, so have others. I guess we'll see

And Lawrence and Byrne
Lawrence, like Bielik is more difficult. They still owe money for them so selling doesn't bring anything in- just lessons debts that a prospective new owner will be agreeing to take on anyway. From the admin's point of view, it's probably not worth selling

Lawrence, like Bielik is more difficult. They still owe money for them so selling doesn't bring anything in- just lessons debts that a prospective new owner will be agreeing to take on anyway. From the admin's point of view, it's probably not worth selling
Do they definitely still owe money for Lawrence? The debt has to be paid somehow to the football creditors at some point plus it reduces wages. Also, Lawrence is out of contract in the summer and might actually want to leave.

Do they definitely still owe money for Lawrence? The debt has to be paid somehow to the football creditors at some point plus it reduces wages. Also, Lawrence is out of contract in the summer and might actually want to leave.
I believe they do, but obviously am not personally privy to the details.

It would indeed reduce wages. But admins want to move Derby on as a going concern and they may not feel losing Lawrence is worth it if it doesn't help with the current objective of raising the money they need. Who knows? Would love to see Lawrence go somewhere else. Preferably prison

I believe they do, but obviously am not personally privy to the details.

It would indeed reduce wages. But admins want to move Derby on as a going concern and they may not feel losing Lawrence is worth it if it doesn't help with the current objective of raising the money they need. Who knows? Would love to see Lawrence go somewhere else. Preferably prison

I'd love to see him go to prison and suddenly become just as clumsy around a bar of soap as he is at the steering wheel.

I'm surprised that they are still making payments on Lawrence at such a late stage in his contract. I know Lech Poznan and Arsenal are due installments in the next few months.

Not by the time we play them, but maybe.

Depends how serious the FL are about Feb 1st

Depends how much income the Admins can find and how much they need. They'll be selling season tickets soon and the siege mentality and the whole "help Derby county" schtick will see them fly out of the ticket office.

25,000 season tickets at an average of £400 brings in £10m. Even with costs, that would be enough to finish out the season. Viability next season isn't the issue.

However, if the FL want money in the bank by Feb 1st that will be too late to do it through supporters.

We have made bids, so have others. I guess we'll see

Viability next season will be an issue; the new owners will need a business plan for the first 18 months to satisfy the EFL.

I hope they go down, down, down but I think we should show some fellow feeling with Derby fans, I know they didn't show us any, but it could be us next, nearly was a few years ago. Our best gate of the year, nearer than Worksop. Morris obviously has a lot of questions to answer but so do the EFL, whole can of worms could open up here. Local creditors bound to suffer, probably businesses from Notts. Show a bit of camaraderie and it could pay dividends in years to come.

I'm not sure camaraderie is the right sentiment to be showing.

I fully understand the points you are making and agree with some of them, but at the end of the day, Derby have fallen foul of the rules and have been quite rightly punished.

The contentious point for me is the way the EFL have conducted themselves, adopting a dictatorial approach and making arbitrary decisions with no recourse.

This mess has been entirely of their own doing with loop holes evident in their rules which have been fully exploited.

In fact the first attempt to punish Derby for the sale of their ground failed at the adjudication stage; the Independent Tribunal did not agree with how the EFL interpreted their own rules.

The fact that both Sheffield Wednesday and Aston Villa have also sold land to avoid falling foul of P & S, and have escaped punishment (Wednesday points deduction was for failing to file the accounts on time), poses a number of questions relating to how fairly the rules being enforced.

The accounting anomaly would also have been kicked out by a tribunal had it got that far, as no laws had been breached; claiming that the spirit of the law had been broken is all well and good, but does that mean a points deduction should be enforced?

The EFL have gotten off of the hook on this thanks to Covid, which resulted in a load of cancelled games, and Derby going under.

That is hardly a sure fire way of ensuring the rules are upheld in future.

Need some real die hardy fans to buy a season ticket at £400 when they will almost certainly be in lg1 maybe worse or even liquidated. Best players gone. Even with a free phone. A few thousand May part with money but most won’t.

Need some real die hardy fans to buy a season ticket at £400 when they will almost certainly be in lg1 maybe worse or even liquidated. Best players gone. Even with a free phone. A few thousand May part with money but most won’t.
I'd say that if they put them on sale now on a "save Derby" message they'd sell out the ground

Plus there could be an argument from the new owners that the Season Ticket money for next season is due to them…

Yes, I would doubt the administrators have the authority to put next seasons tickets on sale just yet.

They would have had to have exhausted all other cash generative avenues first and that will not be possible while the window is open