D*rby to be relegated? | Vital Football

D*rby to be relegated?

sherwood

Vital Reserves Team
It has been the strangest season ever and I have found little to be interested in football wise in any league, any competition. Our shambolic campaign will at least mean we stay in this league, yes maybe we are not mathematically safe but as good as in my opinion.

Following on from last season’s capitulation we have been abject on the pitch and I am glad I didn’t have to sit through the worst of our dire performances. I am more optimistic for next season though.

The only thing that has genuinely sparked a glimmer of interest for me is the current plight of Derby and the now possible chance of them being relegated. I have found myself following Rotherham’s results and looking at forthcoming fixtures. In short it has rekindled my interest and cheered me up.

So do you think they could be for the drop?

Coventry and Rotherham have the games in hand to put them on the bottom 3 but will it happen? Massive game tomorrow where Coventry to go Rotherham so let’s hope for an away win.

Rotherham still have games in hand to come.

Derby’s remaining fixtures;

Blackburn A
Preston A
B’Ham H
Swansea A
Sheff Wed H

A team in form might fancy these fixtures but when the pressure is on and confidence low? We know how hard it can be when you are in the mire and getting desperate. Even SW at home as presumably Wednesday will be relegated by then so could play with more freedom?

A massive week ahead for the sheep.

Also I can’t help thinking that if we had done our bit and beaten them how much more in the shit they would be now -2 points…

What a great way to end a terrible season seeing them going to League One.

While I am loving the fact that it could happen, I don’t think it will. Derby only need a few decent results and there are enough teams below and around them to suggest they will be ok. They are also jammy bastards so...

Next season with a potential points deduction and the granny shagger in charge is a different matter though.

I checked their PPG form recently and was surprised at how bad it was. If we weren’t involved it would be genuinely interesting to see who is going down.
no one team seems to be getting left adrift and there are a lot of teams playing each other in the run in.
As for wanting teams to catch them be careful what you wish for teams catching them are also getting closer to us. For a quite a while I was convinced that last spot was going to be filled by either us or Birmingham. It won’t be Birmingham any more.

I checked their PPG form recently and was surprised at how bad it was. If we weren’t involved it would be genuinely interesting to see who is going down.
no one team seems to be getting left adrift and there are a lot of teams playing each other in the run in.
As for wanting teams to catch them be careful what you wish for teams catching them are also getting closer to us. For a quite a while I was convinced that last spot was going to be filled by either us or Birmingham. It won’t be Birmingham any more.
I'm treating us as safe unless we lose the next three games in which case i wil probably worry a bit.
CBA to do the maths, but mao made a post in the general football thread which put my mind at ease.

It has been the strangest season ever and I have found little to be interested in football wise in any league, any competition. Our shambolic campaign will at least mean we stay in this league, yes maybe we are not mathematically safe but as good as in my opinion.

Following on from last season’s capitulation we have been abject on the pitch and I am glad I didn’t have to sit through the worst of our dire performances. I am more optimistic for next season though.

The only thing that has genuinely sparked a glimmer of interest for me is the current plight of Derby and the now possible chance of them being relegated. I have found myself following Rotherham’s results and looking at forthcoming fixtures. In short it has rekindled my interest and cheered me up.

So do you think they could be for the drop?

Coventry and Rotherham have the games in hand to put them on the bottom 3 but will it happen? Massive game tomorrow where Coventry to go Rotherham so let’s hope for an away win.

Rotherham still have games in hand to come.

Derby’s remaining fixtures;

Blackburn A
Preston A
B’Ham H
Swansea A
Sheff Wed H

A team in form might fancy these fixtures but when the pressure is on and confidence low? We know how hard it can be when you are in the mire and getting desperate. Even SW at home as presumably Wednesday will be relegated by then so could play with more freedom?

A massive week ahead for the sheep.

Also I can’t help thinking that if we had done our bit and beaten them how much more in the shit they would be now -2 points…

What a great way to end a terrible season seeing them going to League One.

Great title.

While I am loving the fact that it could happen, I don’t think it will. Derby only need a few decent results and there are enough teams below and around them to suggest they will be ok. They are also jammy bastards so...

Next season with a potential points deduction and the granny shagger in charge is a different matter though.

Dont be so sure.

Derby's next two games are Blackburn away and Preston away; two teams who also need the points.

It is not inconceivable that in a weeks time, Derby could be in the bottom three with the two teams directly above them having games in hand.

They are in a very precarious position.

I'm treating us as safe unless we lose the next three games in which case i wil probably worry a bit.
CBA to do the maths, but mao made a post in the general football thread which put my mind at ease.

It all depends on how a high a scoring season it is. If it needs to be high (54 -56) points we could still be in real trouble. If its low then we might already have enough. A recent PPG end of season table showed 48 points and our goal difference was enough.
really need someone just to not pick up any points and consistently lose games I think Rotherham will be ok so someone else.

Dont be so sure.

Derby's next two games are Blackburn away and Preston away; two teams who also need the points.

It is not inconceivable that in a weeks time, Derby could be in the bottom three with the two teams directly above them having games in hand.

I think that is the thing. It is so close down there that a weeks fixtures and it could all change. This week I don’t think they are going down but hopefully next week they will be in real trouble.

Annoyingly, both Blackburn and Preston have utterly imploded. Blackburn haven’t won in 7 and I can’t remember the last time I turned the results on and didn’t see Preston getting spanked. I’d be sadly very surprised if Derby go down purely because of the form of those around them.

Fancy Blackburn to not lose v Derby. By the time Derby face PNE, Roverham or Cov, maybe both, would have picked up points. Squeaky bum time. Fancy Derby’s season will rest on last game of season v ShefWeds.

Sheff Wednesday will be down by last game of the season so pressure off them.

It’s the PNE that is critical for the sheep IMO Preston have utterly imploded & if sheep lose that they’re in real trouble.

I know we don’t score enough goals but genuinely look at their record.

Dont be so sure.

Ohh u do tease. Would certainly make up for our miserable season if they did go down. Presumably the pts deduction would still count in league 1?

If The Millers win their next two (Covvy tomorrow and Brum Sunday (not beyond the realms of possibility)), Covvy beat Barnsley on Sunday, and Blackburn beat Derby; come Monday morning, D*erby will be in the bottom three.

Unlikely, but if enough of us rub our lucky amulets...

Last edited:
If The Millers win their next two (Covvy tomorrow and Brum Sunday (not beyond the realms of possibility)), Covvy beat Barnsley on Sunday, and Blackburn beat Derby; come Monday morning, D*erby will be in the bottom three.

Unlikely, but if enough of us rub our lucky amulets...
To be or not to be relegated that is the question chap.

When Derby go down again, we'll sing. When Derby go down again...........
I posted in the general football thread yesterday that Derby are 7-2 to be relegated. Preston NE did win, jammily, against Swansea City in the last minute against the run of play, but other than that have been awful. Forest play PNE on the last day of the season. Would n't it be terribly sad if Forest, completely surprisingly and unluckily and unintentionally, managed to lose to Preston North End, and, in the process, see Derby relegated. And before someone comes on getting worried about Forest's position, hardly any betting companies are even offering odds on that, and the best odds available are 250-1, with the other bookie offering 500-1 .

When Derby go down again, we'll sing. When Derby go down again...........
I posted in the general football thread yesterday that Derby are 7-2 to be relegated. Preston NE did win, jammily, against Swansea City in the last minute against the run of play, but other than that have been awful. Forest play PNE on the last day of the season. Would n't it be terribly sad if Forest, completely surprisingly and unluckily and unintentionally, managed to lose to Preston North End, and, in the process, see Derby relegated. And before someone comes on getting worried about Forest's position, hardly any betting companies are even offering odds on that, and the best odds available are 250-1, with the other bookie offering 500-1 .

I agree with every word you’ve said.... but then again I bet many didn’t have odds on us screwing up getting a play off spot last year😂

There’s; guaranteed, very likely, likely, 50/50, unlikely, very unlikely, nearly impossible, Nottingham Forest likely, mathematically impossible.