D*rby to be relegated? | Page 33 | Vital Football

D*rby to be relegated?

After the joy we got at the end of this season with them almost dropping, followed by the Tribunal decision and the stories emerging over the last week or two, this season could be a great one for Derby haters. 😂

Mmm schadenfreude…

Yup, im loving it. Agree with others that it could be topped by liverscum being in a similar position

Is there any greater moment in the history of sporting schadenfreude than Slippy G slipping over against Chelsea?

I'm just thinking of how magnificent it could have been for Brian Laws to run on to the pitch and ruffle Stevie Me's hair.

I'm just thinking of how magnificent it could have been for Brian Laws to run on to the pitch and ruffle Stevie Me's hair.

Actually, no why stop at ruffling his hair?

Better just to get his balls out and rub them on Slippy G's hair.

They are 17/4 to win at home v Huddersfield on Saturday . I know they are short of players but they have had a decent pre season and their starting 11 is capable of beating Huddersfield. Not sure how comfortable I would feel on betting them to win though!

They are 17/4 to win at home v Huddersfield on Saturday . I know they are short of players but they have had a decent pre season and their starting 11 is capable of beating Huddersfield. Not sure how comfortable I would feel on betting them to win though!
I reckon Derby will confound expectations in the first few games.

So many predicting them to go down, their players will do well as a fuck you to the media before natural footballing gravity starts bringing them down.

I won't be surprised to find them with more points than us by September, although I wouldn't expect it to stay that way for very long

I reckon Derby will confound expectations in the first few games.

So many predicting them to go down, their players will do well as a fuck you to the media before natural footballing gravity starts bringing them down.

I won't be surprised to find them with more points than us by September, although I wouldn't expect it to stay that way for very long
Hahahahahaa..
good one, can I ask what the actual fook you are basing this on when they are in the position they are in compared to us?

8 fit contracted players.
transfer embargo ensuring they can only sign 4 people and they have their hands tied behind their backs with their contracts.

but you think they have a chance to start the season better than us?

honestly, youve let yourself down on this one

Hahahahahaa..
good one, can I ask what the actual fook you are basing this on when they are in the position they are in compared to us?

8 fit contracted players.
transfer embargo ensuring they can only sign 4 people and they have their hands tied behind their backs with their contracts.

but you think they have a chance to start the season better than us?

honestly, youve let yourself down on this one
It's just a prediction based on the topsy turvy worlds of the championship.

A lot of teams that end up relegated actually do quite well in the first few games. Teams are still finding their feet, making mistakes, playing like idiots at times and you get some barking results. Huddersfield are not a great side either.

Derby have some real quality players left; Lawrence, Kazim-Richards, etc are very decent players. Over a game any defender can deputise at centre half when the other team aren't really on it.

And don't underestimate the power of the "fuck you" from a bunch of players who have been told all summer they'll be relegated.

Don't be surprised if they take a few surprising results in the first month before their lack of numbers starts to show

It's just a prediction based on the topsy turvy worlds of the championship.

A lot of teams that end up relegated actually do quite well in the first few games. Teams are still finding their feet, making mistakes, playing like idiots at times and you get some barking results. Huddersfield are not a great side either.

Derby have some real quality players left; Lawrence, Kazim-Richards, etc are very decent players. Over a game any defender can deputise at centre half when the other team aren't really on it.

And don't underestimate the power of the "fuck you" from a bunch of players who have been told all summer they'll be relegated.

Don't be surprised if they take a few surprising results in the first month before their lack of numbers starts to show
But haven’t you read the press? They are screwed, can’t even put out a full side!
But even with 8 players they can start the season better than us, think that says a lot more about your state of mind than any other post you’ve made!

But haven’t you read the press? They are screwed, can’t even put out a full side!
But even with 8 players they can start the season better than us, think that says a lot more about your state of mind than any other post you’ve made!
It has nothing to do with us whatsoever.

They play Huddersfield at home, then Posh and Hull away, then Boro at home. Those first three are ideal; all (in theory) weaker sides, and two are promoted and finding their feet at this level.

We play away at Coventry without any real pre season games.

Then at home to Bournemouth, who always beat us.

Then I think we have Blackburn, who we very rarely beat at home, and then Stoke away where we have never won.

I can see a scratch Derby side pulling some surprise results and then dropping like a stone.

Nothing to do with forest, but if we lose at Cov then I can see us winless from those first four games before going into our annual home league defeat to Cardiff.

It has nothing to do with us whatsoever.

They play Huddersfield at home, then Posh and Hull away, then Boro at home. Those first three are ideal; all (in theory) weaker sides, and two are promoted and finding their feet at this level.

We play away at Coventry without any real pre season games.

Then at home to Bournemouth, who always beat us.

Then I think we have Blackburn, who we very rarely beat at home, and then Stoke away where we have never won.

I can see a scratch Derby side pulling some surprise results and then dropping like a stone.

Nothing to do with forest, but if we lose at Cov then I can see us winless from those first four games before going into our annual home league defeat to Cardiff.
it just amuses me that you consider a team that avoided relegation on the last day of the season, had that squad decimated, not signed any of these out of contract over the hill players that they’ve had on trial so at the moment will be relying on kids who got thrashed by Chorley last season… this team actually stands a chance of getting a point!
had that been forest I do not even want to consider your state of mind with only a week to go before the season starts! You certainly would not be saying we stood any chance of getting a single point!

it just amuses me that you consider a team that avoided relegation on the last day of the season, had that squad decimated, not signed any of these out of contract over the hill players that they’ve had on trial so at the moment will be relying on kids who got thrashed by Chorley last season… this team actually stands a chance of getting a point!
had that been forest I do not even want to consider your state of mind with only a week to go before the season starts! You certainly would not be saying we stood any chance of getting a single point!
I think you are underestimating how barking the championship is.

Derby as it stands don't stand a chance over a season because they have so few players.

The few they do have though are not shabby at all. Some better than others. They have a few that would be very welcome here ability wise and are better than our own squad. They absolutely have players that can hurt teams and over 90 minutes they have the capacity to get results. Over a season they are sure to struggle.