D*rby to be relegated? | Page 34 | Vital Football

D*rby to be relegated?

I think you are underestimating how barking the championship is.

Derby as it stands don't stand a chance over a season because they have so few players.

The few they do have though are not shabby at all. Some better than others. They have a few that would be very welcome here ability wise and are better than our own squad. They absolutely have players that can hurt teams and over 90 minutes they have the capacity to get results. Over a season they are sure to struggle.

This is their first team minus Wisdom, Bielik, Davies and Knight. It doesn't look that great to me

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/teams/1st-team

Sibley, Lawrence and Kazim-Richards are all dangerous players who can hurt teams. All would be welcome here ability wise, apart from Lawrence for being an utter cu-nt who should be meeting a probation officer each week

Sibley's been shit since his first dozen games hence nobody now coming in for him. Lawrence is shit apart from 10 minutes every 10 games. CKR done better than I thought but 34 now and Derby now a worse side.

I think you are underestimating how barking the championship is.

Derby as it stands don't stand a chance over a season because they have so few players.

The few they do have though are not shabby at all. Some better than others. They have a few that would be very welcome here ability wise and are better than our own squad. They absolutely have players that can hurt teams and over 90 minutes they have the capacity to get results. Over a season they are sure to struggle.
hehe, ok, what line up would best suit their 8players, or will you leave that upto the experienced Rooney.. in between naps obvs.

hehe, ok, what line up would best suit their 8players, or will you leave that upto the experienced Rooney.. in between naps obvs.
Don't be surprised to see the EFL cave in and let them sign some of their trialists this week.

The likes of Morrison, Jagielka, Aluko, Stearman and Baldock. They'll be able to do ok in a game, but will struggle in a season.

They have 19 players. That’s why they are only allowed to sign 4.

The 8 refers to players who were regular starters last season.

They have 19 players. That’s why they are only allowed to sign 4.

The 8 refers to players who were regular starters last season.
The EFL argue that any player who has played once in a cup game is a "player of professional standing".

Derby are arguing against this, as it includes kids who played from the bench in League cup games and aren't ready.

Don't be surprised to see the EFL cave in on that argument. Derby are very confident they will

The EFL argue that any player who has played once in a cup game is a "player of professional standing".

Derby are arguing against this, as it includes kids who played from the bench in League cup games and aren't ready.

Don't be surprised to see the EFL cave in on that argument. Derby are very confident they will

The EFL have already 'caved in' on this. They can still only sign 4 players at this moment in time.

As JC21 says the EFL caved last week which is why they are able to sign 4. Otherwise they wouldn’t be able to sign any.

Derby are very confident that the EFL are going to move some more
From what I have read they are only confident that once their accounts are filed they will be able to do more business. Unfortunately for them that will all depend on what the accounts say.

There is also the issue of whether Mel will sanction any transfer fees etc which is highly unlikely given he has struggled to pay the players wages in recent months.

....just to add, they correctly 'caved in' as well, as much as I didn't want them to.
Definitely. They were counting players who played a cup game because the first team had a COVID outbreak. I would certainly have wanted them to make the same decision for us if we were in that situation.

Don't be surprised to see the EFL cave in and let them sign some of their trialists this week.

The likes of Morrison, Jagielka, Aluko, Stearman and Baldock. They'll be able to do ok in a game, but will struggle in a season.
Ok, do the students you like get higher marks from you?
if you are judging the start of Derby’s season and throwing in some guesses/assumptions then you really should do the same for your own team surely?
don’t be surprised if there aren’t some signings made by us this week too and as you have pointed out yourself even if we do start the season poorly, once we have picked up fitness I would expect we will improve.