D*rby to be relegated? | Page 18 | Vital Football

D*rby to be relegated?

God help derby if he produces funds after signing their legally binding contract. Take a look at this thread to see what a con man he is.

Is he a life long fan though? Will he stand in front of a flag? If he can do both of those then any criticism of him is void & we should all just accept that English isn’t his first language, he’s trying his best, it’s his customs & finally everyone has an AGENDA

If they say Derby get a 2 point deduction this season and get relegated then derby can't appeal that (technically relegation is the punishment).

Or EFL push for a transfer embargo next season (like we had!) AND a 12 point deduction.

Derby have been far more deceiptful IMO than what sheff weds did so they need to get more than 6 points deduction.

Either way i can't see Derby in the Top 6 next season.

Financially i can see them going into Admin so if i was Keogh i would get the bald guy from "Can't pay take it away" to go round and reposess their trophies and assets... oh wait that might not work....

it is a football debt in the contracts column. If they go into administration the administrator will only pay him x amount in the pound though he would be a primary debt and first in the queue.

should we have a tin to collect funds at the first match next season. I have a few spare buttons.

No, he gets the full amount, or as close to it as possible.

Normal administration rules do not apply for Football Teams:

https://www.realbusinessrescue.co.u...is-it-and-what-does-it-mean-for-all-creditors

"When a football club goes into administration, the players become preferential creditors and receive a payout ahead of unsecured trade creditors. This system has been strongly criticised by parties including HMRC, with questions being asked as to why this rule still exists.

After all, other insolvent businesses are required to treat employees as non-preferential creditors in the main, so why should football clubs be any different?"

The only preferential creditor ahead of the players would be one with a debenture on the Clubs assets; once they have been settled, players are paid, and then it goes to pennies in the pound for all the other mugs.

I read about one admin case where there was insufficient funds to pay the players in full; the PFA stepped in to loan the players money and the new owners had to guarantee to pay the shortfall back or the EFL would not hand over the Golden share

When you consider that most Clubs go under due to their wage bills, the situation looks even more bizarre.

Is he a life long fan though? Will he stand in front of a flag? If he can do both of those then any criticism of him is void & we should all just accept that English isn’t his first language, he’s trying his best, it’s his customs & finally everyone has an AGENDA
Crucially, does he talk to fans in service stations? That is especially important, especially to fans who never actually go to games

Last edited:
If they say Derby get a 2 point deduction this season and get relegated then derby can't appeal that (technically relegation is the punishment).

Or EFL push for a transfer embargo next season (like we had!) AND a 12 point deduction.

Derby have been far more deceiptful IMO than what sheff weds did so they need to get more than 6 points deduction.

Financially i can see them going into Admin so if i was Keogh i would get the bald guy from "Can't pay take it away" to go round and reposess their trophies and assets... oh wait that might not work....

I can’t see Derby in the top 21 next season

I still can’t see Derby’s punishment hitting this season although i suppose they could be given the option of a six point penalty this season or a 21 point penalty next season with an added transfer embargo. Doubt it will happen but I would be amused...

No, he gets the full amount, or as close to it as possible.

Normal administration rules do not apply for Football Teams:

https://www.realbusinessrescue.co.u...is-it-and-what-does-it-mean-for-all-creditors

"When a football club goes into administration, the players become preferential creditors and receive a payout ahead of unsecured trade creditors. This system has been strongly criticised by parties including HMRC, with questions being asked as to why this rule still exists.

After all, other insolvent businesses are required to treat employees as non-preferential creditors in the main, so why should football clubs be any different?"

The only preferential creditor ahead of the players would be one with a debenture on the Clubs assets; once they have been settled, players are paid, and then it goes to pennies in the pound for all the other mugs.

I read about one admin case where there was insufficient funds to pay the players in full; the PFA stepped in to loan the players money and the new owners had to guarantee to pay the shortfall back or the EFL would not hand over the Golden share

When you consider that most Clubs go under due to their wage bills, the situation looks even more bizarre.

That was what I thought.

The mistakeogh decision has already been appealed by the sheep, they can’t appeal an appeal surely? Even if they do the legal fees alone will make it pointless anyway.

As you say there’s going to be a transfer embargo at the very least. They’ve got a poor squad that’s been made smaller now conetracts are up, this ownership rubbish isn’t finished for a long time & this Alonso bellend is going to cause then more harm than good if by some miracle he has the money to buy them.

Their attendance isn’t going to get same the post COVID bounce as everyone else as their fans aren’t going to get any more freebies, the ground issue is going to end in court at some point purely on ownership or fees not just the EFL regulations.

They’ve got to keep Rooney in charge as they can’t afford anyone else (& it’s the only good bit of press they have) & he is never in a million years a good manager

They’re fucked they’d have been better being relegated this season rebuilding quietly in league one (Rooney would have had to have resigned) but now it’s all going to play out on the back pages with everyone laughing at them & the media circling.

Could be BS, but heard that Mason Bennett - one of those found guilty of drink driving (& who notably left Derby under a big dark cloud) was one of Keogh's witnesses.

Irrespective of whether you like him or not - he was very obviously treated unfairly, whilst the others were 'rehabilitated and supported' - especially the 2 actually found guilty of committing an offence.

Keogh was a passenger, suffered the worst injuries of them all (potentially career ending) - but was unceremoniously sacked.

We continued to pay Fryatt but still lost - I'm honestly staggered that Derby actually appealed, but that's it Woanz - the LAC dismissed Derby's Appeal & hence, they've got to pay the £2.3m.

Could be BS, but heard that Mason Bennett - one of those found guilty of drink driving (& who notably left Derby under a big dark cloud) was one of Keogh's witnesses.

Irrespective of whether you like him or not - he was very obviously treated unfairly, whilst the others were 'rehabilitated and supported' - especially the 2 actually found guilty of committing an offence.

Keogh was a passenger, suffered the worst injuries of them all (potentially career ending) - but was unceremoniously sacked.

We continued to pay Fryatt but still lost - I'm honestly staggered that Derby actually appealed, but that's it Woanz - the LAC dismissed Derby's Appeal & hence, they've got to pay the £2.3m.

The whole situation was poor, the players driving in that state, the fact they ran off, the fact they still haven’t said or done anything to the 4th player who was allegedly there as well, the way they treat Keogh, the fact they were more focused on getting around FFP than anyone’s best interest or punishment.

I thought it was very poor taste that Lawrence was seen dancing around beer in hand at their survival party outside Pride Park, you’d have thought someone at the club would’ve had a quiet word about how that would play to the gallery.

Main thing is that they only crashed into each other, they’re very fortunate these court appearances are about money & not manslaughter

The whole situation was poor, the players driving in that state, the fact they ran off, the fact they still haven’t said or done anything to the 4th player who was allegedly there as well, the way they treat Keogh, the fact they were more focused on getting around FFP than anyone’s best interest or punishment.

I thought it was very poor taste that Lawrence was seen dancing around beer in hand at their survival party outside Pride Park, you’d have thought someone at the club would’ve had a quiet word about how that would play to the gallery.

Main thing is that they only crashed into each other, they’re very fortunate these court appearances are about money & not manslaughter

Exactly, it genuinely could have been much worse, but to only vilify Keogh was a very poor decision.

Everyone moans about footballers wages, the Derby county lawyers must be arriving at court in chiron‘s the amount of cases & then appeals they’re doing at the minute.

What will happen to the Barry Roche coffee cup in that scenario?

How much do you think it could fetch?

Regarding Richard Keogh there seems a divide amongst Direby fans on the payoff. My view is simple - all three players were at fault for getting so wrecked they couldn't stand but for me the punishment wasn't fair as the other two (who drove drunk and crashed) were allowed to stay with a 2 week fine ? No consistency.

Some so called fans are saying that he was rubbish and didn't deserve the payout (of which after tax and legal fees i'd be surprised if he gets £1m!) but they forgot his loyalty and passion to the club. Sure, he was an average defender prone to errors (pass to bobby zamora!) but he wasn't the worst you have seen and think the club threw him under the bus.

I think we should be greatful we didn't get this circus even when Fawaz was here...

They will be fine as long as creditors accept mutton as payment

Regarding Richard Keogh there seems a divide amongst Direby fans on the payoff. My view is simple - all three players were at fault for getting so wrecked they couldn't stand but for me the punishment wasn't fair as the other two (who drove drunk and crashed) were allowed to stay with a 2 week fine ? No consistency.

Some so called fans are saying that he was rubbish and didn't deserve the payout (of which after tax and legal fees i'd be surprised if he gets £1m!) but they forgot his loyalty and passion to the club. Sure, he was an average defender prone to errors (pass to bobby zamora!) but he wasn't the worst you have seen and think the club threw him under the bus.

I think we should be greatful we didn't get this circus even when Fawaz was here...

If it was Forest I’d want all 3 sacked, however as its Forest we would’ve just kept on paying for him & his rehab as one more to the injured, disappeared, MIA list isn’t going to hurt when you think about all the others.