Cup draw | Page 32 | Vital Football

Cup draw

Where did you get those facts stc??
Which facts, if you are talking of the City game look at the photos, there are 8 blocks ES2 -ES8 with 25 seats per row in each - count the rows from photos - netting are on at least 10 rows - that is c 2000, again looking at photos the same rows were netted in ES1 and ES9 yhat is about another 250, on top of that there was netting top to bottom in ES1 and even more in ES9, anything between 2500 and 3000 unused seats. As for the united game I may be wrong but I think there will be a further allocation to them.

Which facts, if you are talking of the City game look at the photos, there are 8 blocks ES2 -ES8 with 25 seats per row in each - count the rows from photos - netting are on at least 10 rows - that is c 2000, again looking at photos the same rows were netted in ES1 and ES9 yhat is about another 250, on top of that there was netting top to bottom in ES1 and even more in ES9, anything between 2500 and 3000 unused seats. As for the united game I may be wrong but I think there will be a further allocation to them.
I think you need to check those photos and stats again. East holds just over 8200. Against City es2-9 had first 5 rows covered. 28 seats in each row = 1120. Es10 had a small square of about 50 seats at front covered. Then all es1 was covered = 480 seats. 1600 covered seats. Rest was full with 6580 Wiganers. More than the number of United fans in there for the FA cup.

I think you need to check those photos and stats again. East holds just over 8200. Against City es2-9 had first 5 rows covered. 28 seats in each row = 1120. Es10 had a small square of about 50 seats at front covered. Then all es1 was covered = 480 seats. 1600 covered seats. Rest was full with 6580 Wiganers. More than the number of United fans in there for the FA cup.
Look at the photos please

It will frank, it will and you are spot on it is all about money and ways of making it.
You aren't Mr Danson in disguise are u??
If it's all about making money & more ways of making it...our owner is in the wrong game - not much money to be with a low to mid league one club, maybe with a prem club but def not with us 😉

So NO facts, just guesses from photos...thot so, but hey if your guesstimate figures back up your argument & agenda then that's fine.

You aren't Mr Danson in disguise are u??
If it's all about making money & more ways of making it...our owner is in the wrong game - not much money to be with a low to mid league one club, maybe with a prem club but def not with us 😉
Making money on this game Jock, not one person has thought of or mentioned the hospitality packages on offer or that tickets included in those are NOT on general sale, the Marquee alone is advertising 250 packages starting at £160 to Manchester fans, they are also planning Robin Park for more, spaces and hotel packages, do you think these are not going to include ticket.

Have you noticed there are no tickets available in the centre of the West stand online, has anyone got a ticket here, why would that be?

Isn't there an opportunity for our own lounges to provide packages for Latics fans.

So NO facts, just guesses from photos...thot so, but hey if your guesstimate figures back up your argument & agenda then that's fine.
Would that be similar to guesses everyone else, well most including you, are making about motives, boycotts, no extra income being made, ripping fans off etc,etc.

So it's alright for others to guess without fear of contradiction but others that don't side with the hysterical reactionaries can't.

If anyone cares to look at my first post on the subject of numbers it was a response to a claim that a totally packed out East stand shouted us to victory over Manchester city in 2018, I was pointing out there was only a similar number in the east to what were in other stands, ie the West which had no netting anywhere.

Last edited:
Remember row A was removed in the East many years ago, so that is 6 rows full length, row G is the first one available, so my mistake. Did you also say 450ish in ES1 and ES2 had netting also that still makes over 2200 seats not available that night. I seem to remember the West stand being full with no netting.

It gets better, Manchester United got offered the corporate lounge before Wigan Athletic supporters.

You couldn't make this shit up!

Would that be similar to guesses everyone else, well most including you, are making about motives, boycotts, no extra income being made, ripping fans off etc,etc.

So it's alright for others to guess without fear of contradiction but others that don't side with the hysterical reactionaries can't.

If anyone cares to look at my first post on the subject of numbers it was a response to a claim that a totally packed out East stand shouted us to victory over Manchester city in 2018, I was pointing out there was only a similar number in the east to what were in other stands, ie the West which had no netting anywhere.
I haven't made any claims on numbers nor hazard a guess on netting, restrictions, motives etc unlike your good self.
Hysterical reactionaries... there's maybe one on here at most (🤔) but your busy over reacting to FB on every post he makes.
You claim that posters who slag others off for not agreeing with their views as hysterical reactionaries..... Pot n Kettle you not think

I can't see them getting a second allocation, there's no reason that I can see why it would be done in such a way. United could sell that stand twice over with their initial ballot if they wanted to.

Assuming that ES1 and ES9 will be closed/covered over for it which is likely a problem all of the clubs making, wouldn't be surprised if it's on police advice or instruction.

Away fans are usually shunted away from ES2 where possible as it's deemed to be more of a risk but are to be fine all the way up to the west stand as no-one sits there and those that do are hardly hardened hooligans. They've moved those 'risk' fans out of the east stand and are risking them being feet from the travelling utd fans if they end up in the very corner bits of the north and south.

Ok, ill ask one more time. Where is the netted seats information coming from. Or is it just someone having a guess?

And why do some keep referring to the netting used for the city game?