Cup draw | Page 30 | Vital Football

Cup draw

Be a twist on the usual but the whole of the South stand will turn round pointing at Frank at about 5 minutes before kick off singing " we can see you sneaking in ".
I reckon he'll be trying to get in as a trainee St John's Ambulance brigade member ... 'appen as a stretcher carrier, though given all the bollox he drops on here, I'm not sure I'd want him carrying me off !
:LOL:

I reckon he'll be trying to get in as a trainee St John's Ambulance brigade member ... 'appen as a stretcher carrier, though given all the bollox he drops on here, I'm not sure I'd want him carrying me off !
:LOL:
Think I've got it...Frank waits for Crusty to arrive and jumps the poor bastard...he then puts on pie outfit and gets to watch in-between offering children out.

My daughter managed to get my tickets for the West stand this morning as I'm stuck in Spain (I know, life's a bitch). It'll seem odd watching from the west as I'm normally in the east but whatever.
:cool:

My daughter managed to get my tickets for the West stand this morning as I'm stuck in Spain (I know, life's a bitch). It'll seem odd watching from the west as I'm normally in the east but whatever.
:cool:

"stuck in Spain" = it's bloody roasting, so I've thought, sod it, cancelled my flight home and booked to come back on the morning of the Utd game"

The netting is over the first 5 rows of seats and just at one end. That reduces the capacity of the stand by approximately 1900 meaning, with those restrictions it can still fit in around 6300 fans. Therefore, it is still the biggest stand as the West holds 6100.

If the capacity of the East was reduced by 3000 as you said it would mean the reduced capacity of the East Stand is approximately 5200 and so would beg the question again why give the United fans the east stand when the same allocation could fit in the North
The netting was over the seating for the city game reducing the stands capacity by over 3000, meaning it may not have been the most populous stand as claimed, the netting will not be over the seating for the cup game.

With the extra £50k the club will make giving Utd fans our stand they can get cracking with the Wall of Hope, no doubt the hold up is down to finances, the money the fans donated has probably been doled out to some undeserved cause.

The biggest stand ??????

Netting over the first 12 rows full length and at both ends reducing the capacity by 3000, but don't let facts get in the way of a chance to show how pathetic you are.
Just the 5 rows at the front, not 12 my Cornish pal, don't exaggerate, it will still be nearer 7000-8000 Utd fans.

So how many tickets have Wigan Latics fans bought. 10,000 plus. Will it be a 25,000 plus sellout

Just the 5 rows at the front, not 12 my Cornish pal, don't exaggerate, it will still be nearer 7000-8000 Utd fans.

Apparently allocation only 6,400. Very odd. If they are gonna give them our stand may as well flog all the tickets. Given away stand is normally 4800 it’s only an extra 1600 more. Even if all sales were adult, once the cash has been divided up it’s around an extra 22 grand or so. Hardly worth it given the Ill feeling and aggravation it’s caused.

Apparently allocation only 6,400. Very odd. If they are gonna give them our stand may as well flog all the tickets. Given away stand is normally 4800 it’s only an extra 1600 more. Even if all sales were adult, once the cash has been divided up it’s around an extra 22 grand or so. Hardly worth it given the Ill feeling and aggravation it’s caused.
If that is true, this is an even bigger piss take than what we think. With it being on tele they could have got a one off ground sponsor who would have paid more than that for the tv exposure they would have got. What a joke of a club we are becoming. Our Chairman/CEO is out of his depth, get shut.

Last edited:
I smell a rat.

It seems their gamble is paying off Frank, only WS1 and WS 10 available now, and not many of those, all the center tickets for North and South stands are pretty much gone and that is within 5 - 6 hours of going on sale, makes you wonder where all those outraged east standers who are not going would have sat.
I don't know, but I do know a couple of those in the North Stand, my Man Utd supporting friend who asked for my season ticket allocation to take his lad. Don't worry, I'm sure they'll behave themselves...

I know I've read it but I wouldn't have known that would I if I'd been trying to get a ticket first thing. "sharpish"

Worry about your own reading ability I've told you I'm not going.

Edited just for you know who.
To be fair Frank, that statement from Maloney clearly smacked of "I think it's a shit decision, but I can't say that publicly and upset my boss". Saying "it's a difficult/tough one" every other sentence gives it away really. Obviously he wasn't consulted beforehand, if he was then I guarantee this wouldn't be happening.