Cup draw | Page 23 | Vital Football

Cup draw

No Frank I've not been keeping up with this thread its mind blowingly boring to say the least listening to grown men winging and moaning about where they want to sit its pathetic. The more sensible ones on here can see past this one game and would want the club to prosper and if any extra cash helps us build a better team then that's what should matter.
Absolute tosh Zakky....it ISN'T about listening to 'grown men winging & moaning about where they want to sit'.....it's about giving our most populated & vocal stand to Utd whilst handing them a massive advantage in terms of getting behind their team. Do you honestly think had we given City the East stand when we beat them in the FA Cup that we'd have held onto that Will Grigg goal....in fact we'd prob have had even less possession thru the game than we had with the East stand trying to spur the players on.
With the East stand supporters being dispersed to other stands where do you think the atmosphere is going to be generated 🤔🤔☹️

For what it is worth, I sent this email to the club before -

FAO The Chairman and the Board

Dear Sirs,

I am not usually one to get easily angered, but after everything our Club and fans have gone through over the last three years I thought the fans of my club would now be treated right.
Giving Man Utd 'OUR' home stand is a diabolical and downright atrocious way to treat the fans that have stood by the club through difficult times.
This decision proves that you are as far out of touch with the rights and wrongs of being a custodian of a Football Club as the last two owners were.
I understand that an extra £40K is a considerable amount of money, but I fear you have alienated so many fans with this decision, that in the long run it is going to cost the club a lot more money.
I am aware of hundreds of fans who are now going to boycott this match, and feel that this, and the changing of fixtures to accommodate Rugby matches are massive mistakes that may just come back to haunt you.
Please in future can you look into putting the fans of Wigan Athletic first instead of other clubs and Sports.

PS I will be watching this match on ITV and it will be only the 2nd home fixture I have missed since 1981 when I was too poorly to see our 1-0 victory over Whitby Town in the FA Cup.

Yours,

👏👏👏👏👏...well said Sir

It isn't 'a fecking seat in a stadium' tho Moonay, it's about being in the same stand that you are normally in & for a few quid, those same loyal fans are being totally ignored, forgotten & not even given a second thought. Think majority of folk realise that in Cup games you don't / aren't able to get your ST seat....however imo it's the shortsighted view of the clubs hierarchy in giving up the most populated stand that passes folk off...the same stand that generates the atmosphere, is the most vocal & could in this fixture give the team the 12th man lift.....the same lift that got us through the City onslaught after Will Griggs goal.
Whose to say that if the club hadn't sold their soul & the East Stand for 30 pieces of silver we may well beat Utd & get an even bigger tie in the next round.......🤔😉
Of course it's a fecking seat ... a piece of plastic ....that's all.

If the focus was on about allowing Utd more fans, then I'd get it. But the same fecking stand? :arrghh:

As for the next round, after we beat Utd, I'd block sales to all those who don't go tomorrow..... just for the hell of it. 😉

Not sure which I think is worse, those with misplaced principles, or those that cut off their own noses to spite their face, I have to admit I don't understand either.

STC, I'm well n truly pissed off with how the club have acted & imo virtually handing Utd the advantage....I will still be going to the game but annoyed that for the sake of a few £££ extra income we have basically been told to f@ck off out of own stand, a stand that full of home supporters could have played a HUGE part in us frustrating Utd , getting their supporters on the teams back & possibly causing an upset...

Of course it's a fecking seat ... a piece of plastic ....that's all.

If the focus was on about allowing Utd more fans, then I'd get it. But the same fecking stand? :arrghh:

As for the next round, after we beat Utd, I'd block sales to all those who don't go tomorrow..... just for the hell of it. 😉

Love your optimism about getting to the next round....
Seat / bit of plastic....yes absolutely, but I'm on about those in charge giving the most populated and vocal stand away to Utd, handing them a huge advantage ( as if they need any more help)

To me the focus is beating these men & any advantage we can gain however small could well help...giving them the East stand imo is a huge disadvantage.

Most Wigan fans are notoriously thick and I think that's never been more so clear than here. The happyclapping corporate supporters seem to think this is about being annoyed at not being in a certain seat.

It's nothing to do with that. It's to do with gifting the most popular and populated home stand to the opposition, pretty much gifting them a head start on the pitch in a game where home support will be utterly critical to any chance of success. Treating said home support like dirt in the process. The old farts in the West Stand contribute nothing to the club in terms of support and atmosphere and never have, all they do is boost hot tea sales in the concourse. East Stand supporters actually make a difference on the pitch.

The fact that this match is seen purely is a cash grab, sod actually going out and winning the game. Then again Wigan Red Danson wouldn't want us to win would he...

Most Wigan fans are notoriously thick and I think that's never been more so clear than here. The happyclapping corporate supporters seem to think this is about being annoyed at not being in a certain seat.

It's nothing to do with that. It's to do with gifting the most popular and populated home stand to the opposition, pretty much gifting them a head start on the pitch in a game where home support will be utterly critical to any chance of success. Treating said home support like dirt in the process. The old farts in the West Stand contribute nothing to the club in terms of support and atmosphere and never have, all they do is boost hot tea sales in the concourse. East Stand supporters actually make a difference on the pitch.

The fact that this match is seen purely is a cash grab, sod actually going out and winning the game. Then again Wigan Red Danson wouldn't want us to win would he...
G' wan CL. Stick in as many generalisations as you can, punch low, and you're bound to catch a testicle at some point.

Doesn't mean that you're writing sense ... just that you prove the point you make in your opening sentence.

😂

FFS , you cheeky bursterd,
only there to boost hot tea sales on the concourse!!!

I'll let you know , we bring our own fecking thermal flask.

Love your optimism about getting to the next round....
Seat / bit of plastic....yes absolutely, but I'm on about those in charge giving the most populated and vocal stand away to Utd, handing them a huge advantage ( as if they need any more help)

To me the focus is beating these men & any advantage we can gain however small could well help...giving them the East stand imo is a huge disadvantage.
Stick all 8000 of the home support in the East Stand and give the rest of the ground to Utd then.

Stick all 8000 of the home support in the East Stand and give the rest of the ground to Utd then.

#clown....... ### :fish: clown

Sky sports studio..... we're crossing over to the stadium of light for the FA Cup match & a score update. There's been another goal in the dying minutes, over to you Paul Merson...." yep it's gone from bad to worse for poor old Blunderland, conceding another soft goal making this there worst defeat in the cup & biggest loss against their superior rivals Newcastle who are just scoring at will making it 7, yes 7 nil giving joy to the 25K away fans....

Not sure which I think is worse, those with misplaced principles, or those that cut off their own noses to spite their face, I have to admit I don't understand either.

I don’t think my principles are misplaced. It’s evident that my custom is taken for granted. Being told I can’t seat in a stand and seat I’ve held a season ticket in since it was opened to us in 2005 without consultation nor explanation is poor customer relations by any metric. Im
At a point in life where I do things I have to and what I want to do. I dont have to go and I dont want to be sat elsewhere surrounded by United fans so have decided not to attend. I also have no interest in watching hordes of United fans on tv in the very stand I should be sitting in so will find something else to do that evening.

Bollocks too cheep just make £75 at least for any stand and give the
#clown....... ### :fish: clown

Sky sports studio..... we're crossing over to the stadium of light for the FA Cup match & a score update. There's been another goal in the dying minutes, over to you Paul Merson...." yep it's gone from bad to worse for poor old Blunderland, conceding another soft goal making this there worst defeat in the cup & biggest loss against their superior rivals Newcastle who are just scoring at will making it 7, yes 7 nil giving joy to the 25K away fans....
I know the comment is directed at Mutty and his obsession with our little club but personally I would like the Makems to beat the Geordies as I like to see the lower league clubs progress and pull off a giant killing.

I don't know about anyone else but I've lost any enthusiasm I ever had for this match. Anyone feeling that way? Could save our money and go to Donny away in the Mickey Mouse Knocker Street trophy.

Bollocks too cheep just make £75 at least for any stand and give the

I know the comment is directed at Mutty and his obsession with our little club but personally I would like the Makems to beat the Geordies as I like to see the lower league clubs progress and pull off a giant killing.

Bloody hell JR, you'll have mutty coming for you saying stuff like Blunderland pulling off a giant killing against their rivals. You do realise Sunderland won the FA Cup back in the black & white days. The sad reality is that some of their supporters think because of the large crowds that they should be in the Prem...sadly they're mere inferiors to their big brother Newcastle 😉

FFS , you cheeky bursterd,
only there to boost hot tea sales on the concourse!!!

I'll let you know , we bring our own fecking thermal flask.
Sid, if let me share your thermos this afternoon, and I'll let you cover your knees with my tartan blanket.

Absolute tosh Zakky....it ISN'T about listening to 'grown men winging & moaning about where they want to sit'.....it's about giving our most populated & vocal stand to Utd whilst handing them a massive advantage in terms of getting behind their team. Do you honestly think had we given City the East stand when we beat them in the FA Cup that we'd have held onto that Will Grigg goal....in fact we'd prob have had even less possession thru the game than we had with the East stand trying to spur the players on.
With the East stand supporters being dispersed to other stands where do you think the atmosphere is going to be generated 🤔🤔☹️

Come off it Jock do you seriously think United players need their fans to spur them on to beat us ? We only beat them once out of 25 games with Premier League players. If we start playing out from the back it wont matter if we have 100,000 home fans we will get murdered. Grown men spitting their dummies out it's pathetic.

I don’t think my principles are misplaced. It’s evident that my custom is taken for granted. Being told I can’t seat in a stand and seat I’ve held a season ticket in since it was opened to us in 2005 without consultation nor explanation is poor customer relations by any metric. Im
At a point in life where I do things I have to and what I want to do. I dont have to go and I dont want to be sat elsewhere surrounded by United fans so have decided not to attend. I also have no interest in watching hordes of United fans on tv in the very stand I should be sitting in so will find something else to do that evening.

:blah::blah::blah::utv::utv: