Cup draw | Page 22 | Vital Football

Cup draw

Seems like the Chairman and the board have thought 'fuck it we aren't going to beat Utd so lets make as much money as we can while we can and bollocks to who we upset' what great leadership we have.

The new ownership have made a mistake and I think they've realised it. The marketing to Man U should of been we have a large stand with amazing views which can be made available to you. This will however come at at a premium but affordable to your fan base. It's on our terms take it or leave it.

Haven't you been keeping up with this thread? The club will make 600k even if United are in the North Stand.

This game is a bonus, it wasn't scheduled so why punish/alienate our loyal fans for the sake of greed?

No Frank I've not been keeping up with this thread its mind blowingly boring to say the least listening to grown men winging and moaning about where they want to sit its pathetic. The more sensible ones on here can see past this one game and would want the club to prosper and if any extra cash helps us build a better team then that's what should matter.

What's the average salary of our players? In terms of offering an increase, even £40k seems substantial.

What is it about the "self sustaining" intention Danson made clear that isn't getting across?
Either way it's nowhere near as much as the loyal fans the club are now alienating put into the fans fund to save the club.

Either way it's nowhere near as much as the loyal fans the club are now alienating put into the fans fund to save the club.
Sniffs ... ponders ... sniffs again ... walks away shaking head, thinking "nah, not worth it!"
😉

I just don't see the alienation. It's a fecking seat in a stadium. Some people are (in my opinion) being right smacked arses over it ... sorry, but that's how it comes across.

The one thing I'd concede is that the comms note (explanation) should have accompanied the initial announcement.
These that claim to be alienated by what has happened are not alienated enough to boycott the game all together, they will be watching on TV, principles my arse, why don't they stand protesting outside the stadium showing these interlopers who have bought us their true indignant colours.

The new ownership have made a mistake and I think they've realised it. The marketing to Man U should of been we have a large stand with amazing views which can be made available to you. This will however come at at a premium but affordable to your fan base. It's on our terms take it or leave it.
Marketing???

For what it is worth, I sent this email to the club before -

FAO The Chairman and the Board

Dear Sirs,

I am not usually one to get easily angered, but after everything our Club and fans have gone through over the last three years I thought the fans of my club would now be treated right.
Giving Man Utd 'OUR' home stand is a diabolical and downright atrocious way to treat the fans that have stood by the club through difficult times.
This decision proves that you are as far out of touch with the rights and wrongs of being a custodian of a Football Club as the last two owners were.
I understand that an extra £40K is a considerable amount of money, but I fear you have alienated so many fans with this decision, that in the long run it is going to cost the club a lot more money.
I am aware of hundreds of fans who are now going to boycott this match, and feel that this, and the changing of fixtures to accommodate Rugby matches are massive mistakes that may just come back to haunt you.
Please in future can you look into putting the fans of Wigan Athletic first instead of other clubs and Sports.

PS I will be watching this match on ITV and it will be only the 2nd home fixture I have missed since 1981 when I was too poorly to see our 1-0 victory over Whitby Town in the FA Cup.

Yours,

Fabulous well written letter. I agree with every word. Our owner has a massive task to accept this huge mistake and do his absolute hardest to win back all us fans that he has insulted.

It's a game. It's a seat. It's a storm in a teacup ... or rather, the FA Cup.

Any road, from what lots of posters on here say after most games, we're a shite side, playing shite football, and the only chance we might have is to bore em to death.

Say lavvy. :shrug:
If it's a draw maybe united will give us the Stretford end stand

Mind you I'll have best seat in town I'll watch it in pub save money
Not putting a penny in rugby mons pocket from now on

I just don't see the alienation. It's a fecking seat in a stadium. Some people are (in my opinion) being right smacked arses over it ... sorry, but that's how it comes across.

The one thing I'd concede is that the comms note (explanation) should have accompanied the initial announcement.
It isn't 'a fecking seat in a stadium' tho Moonay, it's about being in the same stand that you are normally in & for a few quid, those same loyal fans are being totally ignored, forgotten & not even given a second thought. Think majority of folk realise that in Cup games you don't / aren't able to get your ST seat....however imo it's the shortsighted view of the clubs hierarchy in giving up the most populated stand that passes folk off...the same stand that generates the atmosphere, is the most vocal & could in this fixture give the team the 12th man lift.....the same lift that got us through the City onslaught after Will Griggs goal.
Whose to say that if the club hadn't sold their soul & the East Stand for 30 pieces of silver we may well beat Utd & get an even bigger tie in the next round.......🤔😉