Cup draw | Page 21 | Vital Football

Cup draw

Nope again we want the East Stand back, sod solutions!
No YOU want the East stand back and YOU want a new manager and YOU want a new owner and YOU want to pick the team every week.

Here's another solution put your hand in your pocket and buy the club and stop alienating the poor sod who dragged us from the verge of oblivion by telling him what to do with his money.

I don't consider my paultry contribution for a season ticket gives me any say in how the club is run, I am just happy I have a club to watch.

It gets split 3 ways I believe, us, united and the FA towards the prize money. Saw a post with the actual maths of it on but can’t remember if it was on this thread or twitter
After all expenses for the game, ticketing, security, policing, insurance and preparation are paid (or accounted for) both clubs take 45% of the net figure, the other 10% goes to the FA.

No YOU want the East stand back and YOU want a new manager and YOU want a new owner and YOU want to pick the team every week.

Here's another solution put your hand in your pocket and buy the club and stop alienating the poor sod who dragged us from the verge of oblivion by telling him what to do with his money.

I don't consider my paultry contribution for a season ticket gives me any say in how the club is run, I am just happy I have a club to watch.
👏👏👏👏👏👏

Happy Clapper alert! :toot::slap:

Bul shit we get that when we play Doncaster
The money against Doncaster might go toward new seats ... or a lick of paint, ... or an improved ticketing system, ... or toward buying Godo or Morrison, ... or half a dozen apprentices, or a whole long list of things.

Football clubs lose money, full stop. Why on earth shouldn't they maximise revenue when they see an opportunity?

It’s not 90 grand. It’s closer to 40. If 40 grand is such a deal breaker then the club is really up shit creek.
What's the average salary of our players? In terms of offering an increase, even £40k seems substantial.

What is it about the "self sustaining" intention Danson made clear that isn't getting across?

What's the average salary of our players? In terms of offering an increase, even £40k seems substantial.

What is it about the "self sustaining" intention Danson made clear that isn't getting across?

What is it about alienating the only constant customer base that you don’t get, given it impacts on that aim of self sustainability?

What is it about alienating the only constant customer base that you don’t get, given it impacts on that aim of self sustainability?
I just don't see the alienation. It's a fecking seat in a stadium. Some people are (in my opinion) being right smacked arses over it ... sorry, but that's how it comes across.

The one thing I'd concede is that the comms note (explanation) should have accompanied the initial announcement.

I just don't see the alienation. It's a fecking seat in a stadium. Some people are (in my opinion) being right smacked arses over it ... sorry, but that's how it comes across.

The one thing I'd concede is that the comms note (explanation) should have accompanied the initial announcement.

Do you also not think they should have seeked advice from some of the supporters groups first?
The PWU guys are really upset with the club.

Do you also not think they should have seeked advice from some of the supporters groups first?
The PWU guys are really upset with the club.
I think that would have been a good idea, but how far do you go? Supporters Club? ... PWU lads? ... reps from all the groups who were involved during Admin?

It's clear from here that there's differing views ...... none particularly in favour of the action, but some willing to be more understanding than others.

I'm more upset at those who assumed that the SC (and others) had been consulted, and therefore abused individuals from those groups with zero justification.

Exactly, the last bit is part of the issue. No explanation whatsoever. Just arrogance expecting people to put up with it. From a PR perspective it’s a massive own goal. People are creatures of habit, so being told they can’t sit where they have for nigh on two decades without explanation is bound to piss people off. Why they can’t allow those to do so in the West baffles me even further. Consultations should have occurred and as you say an explanation from the outset may have mitigated a lot of the unhappiness.

East Stand holds 8238, North Stand holds 5400 so 2838 less United fans in the North Stand.
So at £30 a ticket x 2838 we would lose £85,140 giving United the North stand.

3rd round TV Money = £85,000….So the TV money covers the excess to be made from away fans.

Give United say 5,000 tickets for the North stand at £30 a ticket = £150,000 plus £85,000 TV money………Grand total = £235,000.

Give United the East Stand 8000 x £30 = £240,000 + TV rights £85,000 = £325,000.

The loyal fans are being sold down the river for an extra £90,000.

That’s not counting how much the home fans would generate plus beer and food sales, the club will still make a small fortune on the night even after paying the Police bill.

The majority of our fanbase won’t forget this one.
It's 90,000 turnover split three ways so we lose out on around £30,000 in reality. That really is peanuts in football terms. Just worried now that we will accept the first offers we get for promising new players.

Don't think any astute businessman would sell off his assets cheaply.
At some stage someone will make a substantial bid for players like Hughes so why accept a cheap offer?
As far as the Man U game goes they spend stupid amounts of money for a good view and wish they fleeced them more.
Get them in get them ripped off then send them back south. This season is unprecedented so take what we can from rich clubs whose fans are stupid enough to pay. £45 East stand for me they're used to it.

East Stand holds 8238, North Stand holds 5400 so 2838 less United fans in the North Stand.
So at £30 a ticket x 2838 we would lose £85,140 giving United the North stand.

3rd round TV Money = £85,000….So the TV money covers the excess to be made from away fans.

Give United say 5,000 tickets for the North stand at £30 a ticket = £150,000 plus £85,000 TV money………Grand total = £235,000.

Give United the East Stand 8000 x £30 = £240,000 + TV rights £85,000 = £325,000.

The loyal fans are being sold down the river for an extra £90,000.

That’s not counting how much the home fans would generate plus beer and food sales, the club will still make a small fortune on the night even after paying the Police bill.

The majority of our fanbase won’t forget this one.
North stand restricted to 4600 and has been for ages

Don't think any astute businessman would sell off his assets cheaply.
At some stage someone will make a substantial bid for players like Hughes so why accept a cheap offer?
As far as the Man U game goes they spend stupid amounts of money for a good view and wish they fleeced them more.
Get them in get them ripped off then send them back south. This season is unprecedented so take what we can from rich clubs whose fans are stupid enough to pay. £45 East stand for me they're used to it.

Didn’t we have to pay about £50 when we played at Old Trafford in the cup a few years ago?