Crewe | Page 5 | Vital Football

Crewe

Due to complaining about being short of players the EFL allowed Crewe to play players that were currently infected with the virus, to ensure the game went ahead. What an absolute shambles.

So despite Government guidelines the EFL now saying players can continue playing even with the virus. What about the welfare of our players any any vulnerable people they may live with?
Not many teams have the shortage of players that we currently have, and even some of the ones playing couldn't be bothered to actually turn up.
Crewe should have been made to use their squad or youth players, just as we have to.

Last edited:
I can't believe any of you actually believe that Crewe played players against guidelines. The rules are that you isolate for 10 days from the date you took the test that came back positive. Wintle tested Wednesday and Beckles was either Wednesday or Thursday but EFL gave clearance for Beckles to play.

I can't believe any of you actually believe that Crewe played players against guidelines. The rules are that you isolate for 10 days from the date you took the test that came back positive. Wintle tested Wednesday and Beckles was either Wednesday or Thursday but EFL gave clearance for Beckles to play.

If he had to be granted permission then it suggests to me he wasn’t within those guidelines and he actually took it on the Thursday - so yesterday was his tenth day. None of that impacted on the result yesterday I hasten to add and Crewe were worthy winners. However it is the the ambiguity and sheer inconsistency from the efl that is the problem. For example if you could postpone a gabe because if two positive tests half hour before kick off then why couldn’t Tranmere yesterday?

If he had to be granted permission then it suggests to me he wasn’t within those guidelines and he actually took it on the Thursday - so yesterday was his tenth day. None of that impacted on the result yesterday I hasten to add and Crewe were worthy winners. However it is the the ambiguity and sheer inconsistency from the efl that is the problem. For example if you could postpone a gabe because if two positive tests half hour before kick off then why couldn’t Tranmere yesterday?
The EFL gave Beckles permission to play - course they did - to help feck us over - again.
When these government/ EPL support payments land they won't be allowing us to have them either.
Also should we expect interest on the previous solidarity payments and staged transfer fee payments they are "looking after" for us.
Feck the EFL

It seems that EFL are scared of COVID being used to postpone games in case the whole league gets pulled.
Our game at Oxford was pulled because a positive test came out Saturday morning for Beckles and he had been with the squad. It was nothing to do with Oxford having 6 players ill or injured 😉

Last edited:
The EFL gave Beckles permission to play - course they did - to help feck us over - again.
When these government/ EPL support payments land they won't be allowing us to have them either.
Also should we expect interest on the previous solidarity payments and staged transfer fee payments they are "looking after" for us.
Feck the EFL

Im not sure they were looking to fuck us over yesterday. However there is certainly a need for them to come out and explain how and why this decision was reached for the benefit of all players/clubs in the efl.

If he needed to be granted permission then clearly it suggests guidelines were not followed as there would be no need to seek permission. If they have allowed him/Crewe to breach government regulations then it is a massive thing and will have repercussions. It’s in the same category as fielding an ineligible player I would suggest - with their permission.

As usual with the efl there appears to be no leadership on the issue and no clarity. It seems some clubs can postpone games whilst others can’t. If Tranmere can’t be sure they have youth players then why could Crewe last week? Where is the the regulation? Why not publish it and explain it for the benefit of all stakeholders? It really shouldn’t be difficult for them - if it is then quite frankly it’s an indication they are just making it up as they go along.

It seems that EFL are scared of COVID being used to postpone games in case the whole league gets pulled.
Our game at Oxford was pulled because a positive test came out Saturday morning for Beckles and he had been with the squad. It was nothing to do with Oxford having 6 players I'll or injured 😉

The PFA is NOT protecting it's players and sooner or later the EFL will be
sued by the Club that's infected by the opposition.

Our game at Oxford was pulled because a positive test came out Saturday morning for Beckles and he had been with the squad. It was nothing to do with Oxford having 6 players I'll or injured 😉

There should be clear guidelines from the efl, it shouldn’t be that difficult. If he only got a test result Saturday morning it suggests he only had it done Thursday/Friday so therefore should still have bern self isolating yesterday. Therefore it is a clear breach of government guidelines. If he was with your squad last Saturday and therefore travelled with them, was in the hotel etc, then again they should have have been self isolating as he would have been near them for longer than 15 minutes and within 2 metres.

In addition to the efl it seems to me your club have scant regards to the government rules and regulations.

Im not sure they were looking to fuck us over yesterday. However there is certainly a need for them to come out and explain how and why this decision was reached for the benefit of all players/clubs in the efl.

If he needed to be granted permission then clearly it suggests guidelines were not followed as there would be no need to seek permission. If they have allowed him/Crewe to breach government regulations then it is a massive thing and will have repercussions. It’s in the same category as fielding an ineligible player I would suggest - with their permission.

As usual with the efl there appears to be no leadership on the issue and no clarity. It seems some clubs can postpone games whilst others can’t. If Tranmere can’t be sure they have youth players then why could Crewe last week? Where is the the regulation? Why not publish it and explain it for the benefit of all stakeholders? It really shouldn’t be difficult for them - if it is then quite frankly it’s an indication they are just making it up as they go along.
Crewe didn't postpone last week - it was Oxford who didn't want to play.
The clarity for Beckles was because Saturday was the 10th day.
Clarity and the EFL do seem to be socially distant though.

Harrogate will be a nice away day for you next season. Nice pubs there. Hopefully the season after that you can manage to play York City in the Conference. Thats a great away day. Sat on the banks of the Ouse in a few of the local bars.

Crewe didn't postpone last week - it was Oxford who didn't want to play.
The clarity for Beckles was because Saturday was the 10th day.
Clarity and the EFL do seem to be socially distant though.

Exactly. You isolate for ten days, you don’t resume on the tenth day. I fail to see what isn’t clear in this regard. Unlike many covid rules it isn’t ambiguous. I have no confidence in the Efl, their incompetence over a variety of issues is not in doubt. However on matters such as this you would expect them to get it right. Any credible organisation would come out and explain their rationale behind this. They aren’t credible so they won’t. As such clubs will carry on operating with ambiguous rules and differing judgements.

Harrogate will be a nice away day for you next season. Nice pubs there. Hopefully the season after that you can manage to play York City in the Conference. Thats a great away day. Sat on the banks of the Ouse in a few of the local bars.

Taking cultural advice from a rugby fan is like taking human rights advice from the North Korean government.

Have to admit, Harrogate and York are lovely places to visit, can't speak too much about the pubs in Harrogate but theres some lovely boozers in York. Thanks for the recommendations 👍🏻🍻

Have to admit, Harrogate and York are lovely places to visit, can't speak too much about the pubs in Harrogate but theres some lovely boozers in York. Thanks for the recommendations 👍🏻🍻
I can vouch that there are some belting pubs in 'Arrogate too .............. but Scharns, I'm not sure that old Trog was actually "recommending" ............. more pulling our middle one.
;)

It is pal but the advice is flawed....we could go in the York boozers and be socially distancing whereas get 2 flabby fuckers in rugby tops and they'd shut the place due to overcrowding. How do people get so fat watching rugby ?

The revolution bar in York is worth a visit. Good food too. On your second point about rugby fans' weight. Obviously i cant speak for everybody but personally my weight is attributed to the fact that every time i have a go on your mum she gives me a biscuit afterwards.

The revolution bar in York is worth a visit. Good food too. On your second point about rugby fans' weight. Obviously i cant speak for everybody but personally my weight is attributed to the fact that every time i have a go on your mum she gives me a biscuit afterwards.

My mothers dead lard ass.