#COVID19 | Page 901 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Nice choice.

Did the weekend 100km Jurassic Coast Challenge in 2019 and saw most of that stunning coastline, from the relative agony of my hiking boots.
The following few days we limped back to Lulworth Cove, Durdle Door and stayed in Lyme Regis, which is lovely. If you go there you must try The Oyster and Fish House...

https://theoysterandfishhouse.co.uk/ If you like that sort of thing.
If I don't go abroad I typically go near Swanage or the IOW chap.Have been to Lyme Regis before with the kids. If I do go there chap I will look out for the restaurant chap...however I imagine it is a bit pricey chap and more importantly does it do fisH cakes?

Well done on the hike chap, that sounds an enjoyable challenge.

Last edited:
If I don't go abroad I typically go near Swanage or the IOW chap.Have been to Lyme Regis before with the kids. If I do go there chap I will look out for the restaurant chap...however I imagine it is a bit pricey chap and more importantly does it do fisH cakes!

Well done on the hike chap, that sounds an enjoyable challenge.

Raised over £1500 for prostate cancer charity; feet like Shrek when I'd finished.

I have a couple of EasyJet flights hanging around for me to use, so thinking of a nice break in Nice, train to Monaco, Cannes, etc.

unconscious bias exactly that. Its a bias contained within current cultural attitudes, which you have said is what the BBC tries to reflect. Hence the racism point i made earlier.

Sure, we all suffer from implicit bias, you're bigoted, I'm bigoted, we all are. That's not really the conversation we've been having, and if anything the BBC attempting to be more diverse is an acknowledgement of that and an attempt to do something about it.

The people/organisations that you have to watch out for are those who deny it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56260038

A health minister has defended the proposed 1% pay rise for NHS staff in England.

Lord Bethell insisted it was not a pay cut, but added: "There are millions of people out of work out of the back of this pandemic.
"There are lots of people who have had an extremely tough time and who face a period of unemployment. Nurses are well-paid for the job. They have a secure job and they have other benefits.
"There are many people in this country who look upon professional jobs within the NHS with some envy and we shouldn't forget the fact that some public sector jobs are, in fact, extremely well-paid."

I'm surprised he didn't go on to say that NHS staff should thank the government for creating thousands of extra covid victims who needed treatment, ensuring secure employment for those lucky NHS blighters.

A health minister has defended the proposed 1% pay rise for NHS staff in England.

Lord Bethell insisted it was not a pay cut, but added: "There are millions of people out of work out of the back of this pandemic.
"There are lots of people who have had an extremely tough time and who face a period of unemployment. Nurses are well-paid for the job. They have a secure job and they have other benefits.
"There are many people in this country who look upon professional jobs within the NHS with some envy and we shouldn't forget the fact that some public sector jobs are, in fact, extremely well-paid."

I'm surprised he didn't go on to say that NHS staff should thank the government for creating thousands of extra covid victims who needed treatment, ensuring secure employment for those lucky NHS blighters.

Always bleeding hearts for the private sector.
Screenshot_20210307-204440_Reddit.jpg
I don't remember the private sector's indignation on behalf of nurses when this was happening

It’s the sheer dishonesty which gets me. Not sure what ‘other benefits’ nurses get (beyond priority when everyone was queueing outside supermarkets last year!), but are they ‘well-paid for the job’? Before you can ask, he’s on to some public sector jobs being very well-paid. What’s that got to do with it?

I’m sure top Civil Service mandarins get a huge salary, but I worked at HMRC for nearly 20 years and was on less than £20,000 a year when I retired. If I’d been more ambitious I could maybe have reached £25K. I’m a graduate, and at one point the colleague on my left was also a graduate and the one on the right played chess at county level.

We were sorting out people’s tax problems, quickly and efficiently, using our skills to serve the public. Pope knows what teachers do. Like nurses and teachers, we were dedicated foot-soldiers, doing our bit without earning huge sums. It’s quite insulting to have a member of the House of Lords implying that ordinary public sector workers are part of his privileged elite.

10 miles of unspoilt beach at filey. Fish and Chips washed down with a can of Tango. Im a curry sauce man with my fish and chips, but I dont mind mushy peas. One poster on here, puts mint sauce on his peas. Now ok, Peas in a pot, fair enough but with fish and chips? Filthy ****

Cornwall is clearly the best for the beaches. Took the wee snert & the dogs for a run after work. It is a pain being so far from anyone but it’s clearly worth it.

I
It’s the sheer dishonesty which gets me. Not sure what ‘other benefits’ nurses get (beyond priority when everyone was queueing outside supermarkets last year!), but are they ‘well-paid for the job’? Before you can ask, he’s on to some public sector jobs being very well-paid. What’s that got to do with it?

I’m sure top Civil Service mandarins get a huge salary, but I worked at HMRC for nearly 20 years and was on less than £20,000 a year when I retired. If I’d been more ambitious I could maybe have reached £25K. I’m a graduate, and at one point the colleague on my left was also a graduate and the one on the right played chess at county level.

We were sorting out people’s tax problems, quickly and efficiently, using our skills to serve the public. Pope knows what teachers do. Like nurses and teachers, we were dedicated foot-soldiers, doing our bit without earning huge sums. It’s quite insulting to have a member of the House of Lords implying that ordinary public sector workers are part of his privileged elite.
I has my first ever full time job at HMRC. I was an E2 (I imagine you probably remember those days) on 10k a year. Loved it.

Cornwall is clearly the best for the beaches. Took the wee snert & the dogs for a run after work. It is a pain being so far from anyone but it’s clearly worth it.

Having been, its not duck. Its full of nut jobs who believe that its a country, Its a fucker to get to and out of.

Its alright for a week but besides that give me anywhere* on the coast other than there.

*except the North West and Suffolk

Having been, its not duck. Its full of nut jobs who believe that its a country, Its a fucker to get to and out of.

Its alright for a week but besides that give me anywhere* on the coast other than there.

*except the North West and Suffolk

There are a few nutters who think it’s a country I’ll give you that. Can’t compare the brown cold North Sea with the beautiful blue down here

I

I has my first ever full time job at HMRC. I was an E2 (I imagine you probably remember those days) on 10k a year. Loved it.
I was an E2 but eventually got promoted to E1 (which was later called AO). I was happy enough not to progress far enough to gain managerial responsibilities - I could forget the job when I got home, and flexitime was a civilised idea.