#COVID19 | Page 900 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Fair comment but most reasonable people see that bbc are not perfect but are at least trying

You want to look at racism look at the right wing rags headlines just the last couple of years.
I agree they are not perfect, but the extent to which they are trying is the source of disagreement. I genuinely believe that any opinion outside of the tiny box of current political consensus is taboo at the BBC and that is a huge problem.

See the EU has rubbished the Sputnik V vaccine now. They really are undermining their own strategy. Good old Brussels.

So they are not unbiased or impartial.
They are protectors of the status quo.
Because that's precisely what happens you reflect the current time and culture. Its a fancy way of saying pandering to the majority.
I'm interested in what you mean by 'made that up'. I mean, yeah. I made it up. I didn't just copy it from somewhere. I thought of it all by myself :)

You should look up what the word impartial means, that would be a good starting point. I'm sure you think you've been super clever and all but I'm afraid not. The rest of your post is just a load of leaps and supposition.

Attitudes to race, gender and sexuality have changed dramatically and the BBC has a duty to see everyone is represented. That's completely irrelevant to bias...

See the EU has rubbished the Sputnik V vaccine now. They really are undermining their own strategy. Good old Brussels.

So do you remember the band Sigue Sigue Sputnik? Their biggest hit was Love Missile F1-11 which (for the young 'uns) was immortalised by John Hughes in the brilliant 'Ferris Bueuller's Day Off'

Many lines in that song are 'shoot it up' which is why they called the vaccine Sputnik.*

*I've just made that up.

Last edited:
You should look up what the word impartial means, that would be a good starting point. I'm sure you think you've been super clever and all but I'm afraid not. The rest of your post is just a load of leaps and supposition.

Attitudes to race, gender and sexuality have changed dramatically and the BBC has a duty to see everyone is represented. That's completely irrelevant to bias...
It isn't irrelevant to bias.
Bias isn't dictated by current cultural attitudes, because if you reflect current mainstream cultural attitudes then there's an inherent bias against anything that falls outside of that.

This is a different issue to whether or not there's a tory bias specifically, I'll admit.

This is just a family washing their problems in public. Both H and M come from spoilt, privileged backgrounds. Yes the media has picked on them and fed them lines. The only winners in this will be the media, Opra, Netflix etc. Look how much space has been filled. Real life Love Island but not entertaining or in public interest.
The Star (was it?) had her down as a gangster from a crime ridden LA neighbourhood.

Yesterday you thought they were debating Angels lmao

Members of the EMA have suggested the vaccine be put through the same scrutiny ad others have been. That's far from unreasonable.

That would be reasonable. Why rubbish it in the meantime. They did the same with A/Z. It’s not the scrutiny. It’s the false data beforehand.

I didn’t think they were debating Sex of Angels. It’s on EU business website.

Anybody booked a holiday yet?

I've got a villa booked in August and was thinking about a couple of weekends away in the meantime. I have a horny chap on one shoulder goading me to the EasyJet website, and a winged cherubic one tutting on 'tother.

That would be reasonable. Why rubbish it in the meantime. They did the same with A/Z. It’s not the scrutiny. It’s the false data beforehand.

You will also be pleased to know The EU YESTERDAY VOTED FOR U.K. Forestry Reproduction material to be exported to EU. Trees but not soil. Shakespeare must have written it.

Sex of Angels is about gay marriage, it was a petition brought to highlight that France have not kept their promises to legalise gay marriage after pressure from religious groups, hence the petition is targeting them to show the hypocrisy.

The vaccine hasn't been rubbished either, doubts have been raised over the data and trials.

You don't half talk shite.

It isn't irrelevant to bias.
Bias isn't dictated by current cultural attitudes, because if you reflect current mainstream cultural attitudes then there's an inherent bias against anything that falls outside of that.

This is a different issue to whether or not there's a tory bias specifically, I'll admit.

So your argument is that as the BBC tried to reflect the changing demographics of society it must be biased? OK dude. Go join FE and DF in their little corner along with all the right wing extremists who also witter on about the BBC's bias. You're virtually indistinguishable anyway.

I've got a villa booked in August and was thinking about a couple of weekends away in the meantime. I have a horny chap on one shoulder goading me to the EasyJet website, and a winged cherubic one tutting on 'tother.
So fed up with having flights cancelled that we're erring on the cautious side now. Son and family based in Cyprus, so as soon as we get the green light, we'll be off. Have booked four weeks in Benidorm over Xmas and new year and am relatively optimistic that it will be ok.

I am going to Dorset chap.

Sex of Angels is about gay marriage, it was a petition brought to highlight that France have not kept their promises to legalise gay marriage after pressure from religious groups, hence the petition is targeting them to show the hypocrisy.

The vaccine hasn't been rubbished either, doubts have been raised over the data and trials.

You don't half talk shite.[/QUOTE

You obviously havn’t read what head of EMA has said today about vaccine. You are quick to condemn.

I am going to Dorset chap.

Nice choice.

Did the weekend 100km Jurassic Coast Challenge in 2019 and saw most of that stunning coastline, from the relative agony of my hiking boots.
The following few days we limped back to Lulworth Cove, Durdle Door and stayed in Lyme Regis, which is lovely. If you go there you must try The Oyster and Fish House...

https://theoysterandfishhouse.co.uk/ If you like that sort of thing.

So your argument is that as the BBC tried to reflect the changing demographics of society it must be biased? OK dude. Go join FE and DF in their little corner along with all the right wing extremists who also witter on about the BBC's bias. You're virtually indistinguishable anyway.

unconscious bias exactly that. Its a bias contained within current cultural attitudes, which you have said is what the BBC tries to reflect. Hence the racism point i made earlier.