#COVID19 | Page 903 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Two care homes in Devon have had multiple COVID deaths despite residents having had the vaccine. Real worry that one.
but its a statistical probabality that the at risk will still have some deaths, just a case of how many, no one has ever said the vaccine protects 100% and some have said 50% or less which to me kinda makes it pointless. Tho I may be wrong of course

Vaccines for all over-40s by Easter after ‘bumper boost’ to supplies
NHS could offer a million doses a day in coming weeks, as pressure grows on PM to speed up reopening of pubs and restaurants.

Everyone over 40 should be offered their first Covid-19 vaccine by Easter, with a “bumper boost” to supplies allowing the programme to rapidly expand next week.

Stocks are expected to more than double, allowing the NHS to administer up to a million doses a day in coming weeks, government sources said.

It means that all over-50s are expected to receive an invitation for a jab over the next week – around three weeks ahead of the Government’s target.

Cracking.

NHS could offer a million doses a day in coming weeks, as pressure grows on PM to speed up reopening of pubs and restaurants.

Everyone over 40 should be offered their first Covid-19 vaccine by Easter, with a “bumper boost” to supplies allowing the programme to rapidly expand next week.

Stocks are expected to more than double, allowing the NHS to administer up to a million doses a day in coming weeks, government sources said.

It means that all over-50s are expected to receive an invitation for a jab over the next week – around three weeks ahead of the Government’s target.

Cracking.
Yes. Let's see. My gaffer this week got his invite- but all week there were no appointments available.

I notice as well that this bumber stock has made the government think we are going to vaccinate all adults by 10th June, two months before the EU.

Hold on.

Two months? I thought the EU was a shambles and months and months behind us?

Obviously not. They are on target to meet Boris Johnson's currently stated target for the UK

Yes. Let's see. My gaffer this week got his invite- but all week there were no appointments available.

I notice as well that this bumber stock has made the government think we are going to vaccinate all adults by 10th June, two months before the EU.

Hold on.

Obviously not. They are on target to meet Boris Johnson's currently stated target for the UK

We only talk about the EU when it’s bad FFS

Hold on.

Not with you. The EU, due to political posturing over their omnibus sized shambolic vaccine procurement programme, haven’t a prayer unfortunately. Whereas the U.K., due to Brexit is ahead of the schedule.

Not with you. The EU, due to political posturing over their omnibus sized shambolic vaccine procurement programme, haven’t a prayer unfortunately. Whereas the U.K., due to Brexit is ahead of the schedule.

He has a point no? The way you carried on i thought they were years behind. 8 weeks for a population that dwarfs ours is not really very much. It is good we are ahead of schedule but with question marks over the safety not entirely surprising AZ eager to get jabs out the door asap.

According to BBC reports, the entire EU, both rich and poor nations alike, are just two months behind the UK. For all the hot air, there will end up being little difference and the only reason the UK will finish ahead at all is because the programme has gone more quickly than anticipated.

300m vaccinated only two months behind 60m, who had a head start and a "looser" regulatory procedure....

Meanwhile, due to the mindset of this government and its incompetent leader, we have had the longest and most destructive lockdown, one of fourth highest death rate and one of the highest infection rates in the world which has devastated the economy.

To use one example, Nottingham has permanently lost broadmarsh, many of its shops and probably John Lewis. As a shopping destination Nottingham will probably never recover; once things open up we'll probably take the trip to Derby from now on simply because there is virtually nothing left in Nottingham. Notts used to be a poor city with a great city centre. Now it's just another poor city of little worth. That's the consequences of the UK response to COVID, alongside the 30,000 deaths in January alone

According to BBC reports, the entire EU, both rich and poor nations alike, are just two months behind the UK. For all the hot air, there will end up being little difference and the only reason the UK will finish ahead at all is because the programme has gone more quickly than anticipated.

300m vaccinated only two months behind 60m, who had a head start and a "looser" regulatory procedure....

Meanwhile, due to the mindset of this government and its incompetent leader, we have had the longest and most destructive lockdown, one of fourth highest death rate and one of the highest infection rates in the world which has devastated the economy.

To use one example, Nottingham has permanently lost broadmarsh, many of its shops and probably John Lewis. As a shopping destination Nottingham will probably never recover; once things open up we'll probably take the trip to Derby from now on simply because there is virtually nothing left in Nottingham. Notts used to be a poor city with a great city centre. Now it's just another poor city of little worth. That's the consequences of the UK response to COVID, alongside the 30,000 deaths in January alone

This one?
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56361840

Broadmarsh has been in decline for decades. I live on a main bus route between Derby and Nottingham, and I've still never seen anything in Derby to make me go there more than a dozen times, usually to see Notts play cricket or a visit to the Flowerpot to see Focus or Curved Air. In fact I've been there so few times that since retiring I've actually made a couple of trips there just to have a look around. There is no doubt that there is a move away from certain types of shopping to online, but clothes shopping is not really one of them, not to mention the portion of the population who seem to think that walking round shops is entertainment. It will be tough, but most shops outside Broadmarsh will re-open in some format. Even Amazon is opening shops up now.

Broadmarsh has been in decline for decades. I live on a main bus route between Derby and Nottingham, and I've still never seen anything in Derby to make me go there more than a dozen times, usually to see Notts play cricket or a visit to the Flowerpot to see Focus or Curved Air. In fact I've been there so few times that since retiring I've actually made a couple of trips there just to have a look around. There is no doubt that there is a move away from certain types of shopping to online, but clothes shopping is not really one of them, not to mention the portion of the population who seem to think that walking round shops is entertainment. It will be tough, but most shops outside Broadmarsh will re-open in some format. Even Amazon is opening shops up now.
The Eagle centre is streets ahead of either of the Nottingham centres.

Broadmarsh was about to start it's redevelopment when the pandemic hit, stopped the whole thing and precipitated the collapse of Intu in June.

I enjoy visiting a town centre to shop and get a bite to eat, and so do millions of others. Just because you don't isn't reason to abandon a large part of the economy

Cracking.
I am over 40 and in the vulnerable category but haven’t heard anything yet so we will see...

but its a statistical probabality that the at risk will still have some deaths, just a case of how many, no one has ever said the vaccine protects 100% and some have said 50% or less which to me kinda makes it pointless. Tho I may be wrong of course
Saving 50% is pointless?

This anonymous source is absolutely correct.

"We're not protected at all if we're not all vaccinated at a European level," he told me.

"Going it alone could never have really been an option, even for the rich countries. So the pan-EU plan is really an investment in each of us."

And I have been saying this for months:
Smaller and less well-off member states were always grateful to have access to any vaccines at all. Thanks to Brussels, they say, they can vaccinate at the same time as wealthy France and Germany. An impossible prospect had they been left to fend for themselves.

The two points go hand in hand. It has obviously not been particularly good but there are winners as well as losers. AZ's failure to meet their obligations/promises has obviously made things worse.