#COVID19 | Page 724 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Behave yourself or i will get young Greta to pay you a visit to organise some demos in Sydney or somewhere. Exporting brown coal to burn in power stations? You ought to be ashamed. Do the right thing and put thousands of blokes out of work like we have.

Had a feeling I should have known better. For God's sake don't send Greta though.
Much of the coal Oz sends is only used for making steel for which there seems to be a worldwide demand and you are correct with your comment regarding brown coal. This is what is probably sitting in ships off the Chinese coast but what China is doing is subbing their own stuff and importing more from Russia and Mongolia all of which produces more problems than our coal.
There is a wide spread view here against exporting coal in general but our pathetic Govt refuses to take a direct view and the whole thing is left to the separate states to approve or throw out new proposals. Eventually we'll stop exporting coal I think, our power stations all seem to be in process of changing from coal to other means but we still get the image of the miner being out of a job.

Some day we'll get there but it won't be just yet.

Had a feeling I should have known better. For God's sake don't send Greta though.
Much of the coal Oz sends is only used for making steel for which there seems to be a worldwide demand and you are correct with your comment regarding brown coal. This is what is probably sitting in ships off the Chinese coast but what China is doing is subbing their own stuff and importing more from Russia and Mongolia all of which produces more problems than our coal.
There is a wide spread view here against exporting coal in general but our pathetic Govt refuses to take a direct view and the whole thing is left to the separate states to approve or throw out new proposals. Eventually we'll stop exporting coal I think, our power stations all seem to be in process of changing from coal to other means but we still get the image of the miner being out of a job.

Some day we'll get there but it won't be just yet.

That will now reduce with the opening of pits in the North West for the steel industry.

You just couldn't make it up

Word down here is the PFA are preparing for the season to be cancelled again but the FA & government aren’t returning calls/emails about even discussing it.

Thank you.

We are all just teaching our normal lessons via the internet this time so it's much better. It's a bit different, especially when you have a quiet class and end up having to answer your own questions because no one wants to speak, but it's ok.

No one wants to speak! Zoom classes are like having 30kids in your kitchen! Feel sorry for the teacher. We are asking an impossible job from teachers but they are getting on with it anyway. Fair play.

We finish 20th on a PPG basis I think.

Derby finish 21st. Wednesday would go down

Whatever happens over the next two or three weeks, you would hope the season will get finished. The Wednesday situation would be rather interesting though . Another appeal that for half a season they should only get a pro-rata points deduction ?

Whatever happens over the next two or three weeks, you would hope the season will get finished. The Wednesday situation would be rather interesting though . Another appeal that for half a season they should only get a pro-rata points deduction ?
If that means Derby go down, I'm all for it.

Hmm so we will need vaccinations every 6 months, that is concerning.
Quiet everyone, the secretary of state for health and social care is talking.

Hang on. He didn't actually say we will need them every six months.
He adds: "On the vaccine, I anticipate that we will probably need to revaccinate. Because we don't know the longevity of the protection from these vaccines.

"It might need to be every six months, it might need to be every year. I anticipate covid and flu vaccinations long into the future
."

So he doesn't know, but I'd say from what we do know already that revaccination every six months is extremely unlikely.

It is perfectly possible, and sensible, that could be added to the cocktail that is the annual 'flu jab' but we won't know if that is necessary until the long term surveillance and monitoring studies are done.